Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Can you make a non-sport suspension, a sport suspension using Audi Parts?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I recently bought a non-sport suspension B9. I do not want to lower the car as far as the aftermarket springs companies go. I did this with GTI and while I loved the look, both the ride and my knees suffered. I'm tall guy and getting up from that low was a chore.

Is the sport suspension nothing more than just lower factory springs? If so, can I purchase just these?

An MSSkit to me would do the trick as well, but if I could swap in oem audi sport springs and call it a day, I'd be happy.

So why didn't I buy a B9 with the sport suspension?...I needed a car and wanted a manual, so I bought right from the dealers lot.

Veteran Member Four Rings UmIsThisThingOn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1954 Deluxe Sunroof Volkswagen

Yes. Some do this to the Allroad to get it nice and low.
    Tschüß!
    Šave

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 B9 A4 2.0T Quattro DSG , 2015 Q5 2.0T Quattro TIP

Id suggest with the MSS kit or 034 springs, actually most of the lowering springs doesnt slam it, most of them gives you a nice subtle drop , mines lowered on 034 and still have about 1.5 finger gaps left, Id like to be 1 finger gap tho...so mss might be my option down the road..or kw coils
    2017 B9 A4 2.0T Quattro S Tronic | Daytona Gray | Xenon to LED Headlights Conversion | Too many mods... |

Past:
    2015 B8.5 A4 2.0T Tip Black
    2003 B6 A4 1.8T Tip DG

IG: keithlauuu

Established Member Two Rings gstrouse's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Tiguan SEL 2015 F-150

while you can swap just the springs. You may find that the ride changes and is not similar to the full sports setup, and or the shocks wear out faster. The shocks are tuned to the spring rate of the springs. You can check by searching part numbers for the shocks for the sports vs. regular suspensions. if they are different, it would be beneficial to also change shocks.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

You can convert a non sport car quite easily:

Sport Suspension | A4

For a complete conversion the front dampers and bump stops would be needed, but the springs alone can be swapped.

If you have any questions do let me know or PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

sport package from audi includes not only the suspension but also black headliner and black surrounding interior trim pieces and sport seats (higher bolstering). If you want the sport suspension I would advise a complete aftermarket coilover set. My car is set pretty low the tires are flush with the fenders and it rides way smoother then factory sport suspension, I know its hard to believe but its true. Also, if you dont want it that low you can adjust it up or down. To buy factory sport suspension parts to convert yours will cost way way more also.
    2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Mythos Black - Tech & Cold weather pack - H&R sport springs - 50% 3M tint