Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring Sebastian3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Lightbulb New myAudi iOS app released

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    For those who use the MMI connect app, Audi just released a new iOS app called "myAudi" on the app store. It duplicates some of the functionality from the existing MMI connect app, with a different interface. Curious if anyone else is using it. I've been using MMI connect since I got my 2018 A5 in April, but it appears Audi will be switching over to the new myAudi app.

I realize this app applies to other new Audi models, not just those in this particular forumóbut since I have a B9 A5 I posted here!

IMG_8362CF71199C-1.jpg
    2018 A5 Coupe Prestige

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I've been using the myAudi app since I got my car late last year. It was updated yesterday but it's been around for some time.

edit - Yeah, the iOS App Store says it replaced the MMI Connect app 9 months ago.

Active Member One Ring Sebastian3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The myAudi app has been available in Canada and other countries for awhile, but was only just released on the American app store this week. MMI connect is also still available and functional in the American app store.

FWIW, the main reason I've been using the MMI connect app is to stream my iPhone's music library over Wi-Fi to the MMI. It offers browsing through the library via the MMI as well as all custom cover art (not those weird genre images), so it's a better UX for me than having to control everything through my phone (such as when using Bluetooth). The myAudi app doesn't stream music or internet radio via WiFi to the MMI.
    2018 A5 Coupe Prestige

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I guess with CarPlay and Android Auto they decided the streaming feature wasn't necessary anymore.

Senior Member Two Rings dreaddontdie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S5 Sportback, 2014 Q5 TDI

Thanks for sharing this...installing now.
    current:
    s5 (2018, sportback, prestige, daytona gray, magma red interior, s sport, dynamic steering, driver assist, carbon atlas)
    q5 (2014, tdi, prem+, lava gray, nav)

past:
    s4 (2012, prestige, moonlight blue, black/silver nappa, dsg, ads, sport diff, h&r oe springs, eurocode alu kreuz/sway bar/end links, michelin pss, milltek non-res, 034 & apikol mounts, giac stage II, roc-euro intake)