Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings rhinoboymtl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by highPSI-S4 View Post
    Assuming you both are STG1?

I was a BETA tester as well few months back but it was a STG1 91 oct tune so although it provided a good measure for testing on my box code, it did nothing for me being STG2.
    Yes, Stage 1 here. Iím running the 91 beta but use 93 fuel. Very happy with the drivability right now. Fingers crossed...

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

any updates?
    C7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10 A6 avant, 12 odyssey, 01 Tundra, 71 Honda Z600, 75 datsun 280Z, 78 Datsun 280Z, 1973 Datsun 240Z

Here are my thoughts on epl. I think a lot of the problem comes from the lack of tuning the D range of the transmission. The car in drive is reluctant to downshift so you have high boost low rpm and the motor doesnít like it. In sport mode the epl problems are definitely not as noticeable. I chased the shudder/misfires for months changing plugs, coils etc to no avail, it always sucked. Received update files no help. At this time a year ago there was little talk about the problem.

This brings me to the other thought I have about EPL. The fact that you can sell your tune is marketing genius. This makes the owners of the tune reluctant to come out and bash it. We have skin in the game and want to sell it some day. (Soon) Even after the sale you donít want to talk shit about it since you just sold it to a fellow member.

Anyway I had stage 2 epl and APR and the difference was immediately noticeable. All the problems I had been chasing and were dismissed by Chris as though I was the only one having them were gone. I now have stage 3 apr and itís a rocket. Ran consistent 7.022 1/8 mile passes last weekend& That was on conti. DWS 06 A/S tires. Crushed my friend in his 2018 m5.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by autosol View Post
    Here are my thoughts on epl. I think a lot of the problem comes from the lack of tuning the D range of the transmission. The car in drive is reluctant to downshift so you have high boost low rpm and the motor doesnít like it. In sport mode the epl problems are definitely not as noticeable. I chased the shudder/misfires for months changing plugs, coils etc to no avail, it always sucked. Received update files no help. At this time a year ago there was little talk about the problem.

This brings me to the other thought I have about EPL. The fact that you can sell your tune is marketing genius. This makes the owners of the tune reluctant to come out and bash it. We have skin in the game and want to sell it some day. (Soon) Even after the sale you donít want to talk shit about it since you just sold it to a fellow member.

Anyway I had stage 2 epl and APR and the difference was immediately noticeable. All the problems I had been chasing and were dismissed by Chris as though I was the only one having them were gone. I now have stage 3 apr and itís a rocket. Ran consistent 7.022 1/8 mile passes last weekend& That was on conti. DWS 06 A/S tires. Crushed my friend in his 2018 m5.
    Meanwhile I get walked by stage 1 golfs Rís and im full stage 2 EPL....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings LVBrokrS7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by autosol View Post

Nice review. I have the EPL stage 1 with TCU Tune on my S7. Iím going to be doing the same thing. Going APR or custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Cam.CL.S7 View Post
    Meanwhile I get walked by stage 1 golfs Rís and im full stage 2 EPL....

wow just wow. im staying stock then no point even wasting my time re uploading my tune.
    C7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW 335i

Im currently at Blair Automotive in Dallas getting the APR Stage 1 ECU and the TCU tune done on my '16 S7. Will report back after some drive time with it
    2016 Audi S7 Prestige APR ECU Stage 1 APR TCU Tune UV Tint

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ginda View Post
    Im currently at Blair Automotive in Dallas getting the APR Stage 1 ECU and the TCU tune done on my '16 S7. Will report back after some drive time with it
    Did you have EPL?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW 335i

Quote Originally Posted by LVBrokrS7 View Post
    Did you have EPL?

No I did not, so I can't make any comparisons. Concerns and doubts from some other members on here with EPL made me go with APR. I was just more comfortable with the reviews for APR by fellow members compared to EPL. Just got home, and so far with the limited drive time, and all I can say is WOW, the difference is huge and very noticeable. Its really smooth in comfort and feels brute and powerful in Dynamic mode. I will check back in with more details as I spend more time with the tune, so far I'm very happy with my decision.
    2016 Audi S7 Prestige APR ECU Stage 1 APR TCU Tune UV Tint

AZ Member #

Epl gave up on the c7 platform
    C7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ichi d View Post
    Epl gave up on the c7 platform
    Sad that they left us for dead.

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

That's sad. Sorry guys.
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

Veteran Member Three Rings s4nicetry's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I will jump in for those looking for a good OTS tune with the ability to flash at home to also check out Unitronic. A great tune (ecu and tcu) with most all the features of APR. Stage 1 - 3 files, good customer service and a good price, I couldn't be happier.

Established Member Two Rings GlacierS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018%20Audi%20S5%20Coupe%2C%202009%20Mini%20Cooper%20S

Curious if anyone tried Vivid Racing OTS tune? https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-ec...152411881.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app
    2018 Glacier White S5 | Prestige | Sports Pkg | Dynamic Steering | Carbon Fiber Pkg | 034 Motorsports Parts
    2014 Glacier White S6 | Prestige | Sports Pkg | SRM Intake | EPL ECU/TCU Stage 1 | Miltek Exhaust

Established Member Two Rings Swirv's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi S6

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierS5 View Post
    Curious if anyone tried Vivid Racing OTS tune? https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-ec...152411881.html

I haven't tried the Flash but I have had the VRTuned Piggyback on my 2017 S6 for several months now.

For anyone interested: When I initially installed the piggy back, I definitely felt an increase in boost and power. It wasn't until I removed the piggy back for a scheduled service that I realized how much it actually helped. I recently started running 96 octane (93 + Sunoco 260GT) and upped the setting from 4 to 8 and I can again notice more power. It's definitely not going to trump a full tune/flash but for those of us who do not want to risk a TD1 due to warranty, it's a great alternative. Installing and removing it is not a terrible task either.

Edit: For what its worth, I haven't been able to track it since getting the PiggyBack, but the previous owner said he was getting 11.6 1/4 mile times which I can confirm after racing (and winning against) a 5.0L Twin Screw Supercharged F-150 with 600+ HP that claims his fastest time was 11.6 1/4 mile.
    2017 S6 | White Ext. | Arras Red Int. | S6 Sport Pkg. | Black Optics Pkg. | Driver's Assit. Pkg.

Established Member Two Rings GlacierS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018%20Audi%20S5%20Coupe%2C%202009%20Mini%20Cooper%20S

Quote Originally Posted by Swirv View Post
    I haven't tried the Flash but I have had the VRTuned Piggyback on my 2017 S6 for several months now.

For anyone interested: When I initially installed the piggy back, I definitely felt an increase in boost and power. It wasn't until I removed the piggy back for a scheduled service that I realized how much it actually helped. I recently started running 96 octane (93 + Sunoco 260GT) and upped the setting from 4 to 8 and I can again notice more power. It's definitely not going to trump a full tune/flash but for those of us who do not want to risk a TD1 due to warranty, it's a great alternative. Installing and removing it is not a terrible task either.

Edit: For what its worth, I haven't been able to track it since getting the PiggyBack, but the previous owner said he was getting 11.6 1/4 mile times which I can confirm after racing (and winning against) a 5.0L Twin Screw Supercharged F-150 with 600+ HP that claims his fastest time was 11.6 1/4 mile.
    Currently have EPL and looking to jump into APR. I knew about Vivid Racing because of my Miltek exhaust purchase with them and at the time heard a car on their Dyno going WOT. They were doing test tune on a McLaren. I'll probably pull the trigger on this and report back with my findings. Just hoping anyone else here experience their flash setup.

2018 Glacier White S5 | Prestige | Sports Pkg | Dynamic Steering | Carbon Fiber Pkg | 034 Motorsports Parts
    2014 Glacier White S6 | Prestige | Sports Pkg | SRM Intake | EPL ECU/TCU Stage 1 | Miltek Exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierS5 View Post
    Currently have EPL and looking to jump into APR. I knew about Vivid Racing because of my Miltek exhaust purchase with them and at the time heard a car on their Dyno going WOT. They were doing test tune on a McLaren. I'll probably pull the trigger on this and report back with my findings. Just hoping anyone else here experience their flash setup.

I can attest. Vivid does their best to get what you want for the best price and will price match the competition. I was impressed with their enthusiasm to gain me as a customer, they happily undercut a competitor/AZ forum sponsor who wouldn't budge. lol
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

Established Member Two Rings blinx9900's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Iím on a beta file right now and it seems perfect. Iíve been on it the past 7 weeks and not a single shudder, hesitation. or anything. I hope it stays this way when weather warms back up.

2018 S7
    Stage 1 epl ecu/tcu (no other power mods)
    California 91 octane.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blinx9900 View Post
    Iím on a beta file right now and it seems perfect. Iíve been on it the past 7 weeks and not a single shudder, hesitation. or anything. I hope it stays this way when weather warms back up.

2018 S7
    Stage 1 epl ecu/tcu (no other power mods)
    California 91 octane.
    Iíve been asking for my updated box codes for 3 months now. How long did it take them to get you on a beta?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ginda View Post
    Any disadvantage doing only the ECU tune without TCU (stage 1)?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by S7 North.Style View Post

Yes, your clutches will slip thus wearing them much faster

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY18 Audi RS6 P, MY18 Audi SQ5,MY16 Audi S6 (sold), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by S7 North.Style View Post

And the transmission has it's own torque limit, so you don't get the full potential of the ECU tune without the TCU tune.
    2018 Audi RS6 Performance - Floret Silver, Titanium styling package, 21" titanium 5 V spoke wheels, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 285/30/21, Black sports seats, Carbon inlays, Sports diff, Sport exhaust, Matrix LED headlights, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Privacy glass, Electric tailgate with foot open

Mods: Dura-Seal exterior/interior, Audi Sport door lights

AZ Member #

Iíve been asking for my updated box codes for 3 months now. How long did it take them to get you on a beta?

Quick, like days. But iíve also made it clear iím down to risk it because my cars a lease lol.

AZ Member #

So Iíve been on stage 2 apr cry and tcu tune for prob 2 months now. I have enough time driving to give feedback. I started with vivid racing box to epl to apr.

Epl major issue is the hesitation in 1-2 and no cod deactivation. I asked and asked and just got tired of waiting. They always say they working on it, but who knows. They are prompt in responding and I am quite happy with a 3.0 tune (which they prob do a ton of work on and that makes sense).

Apr tcu is def waaaaaay smoother. Maybe 2 percent of the time it is tougher like epl and it is most likely because of driver issue and changing mind and hesitating like releasing gas. Otherwise tcu is great.

Ecu feels more power but i havenít really tested 0-60 much cause I had a damaged front axle (bc previous dealer didnít bolt it right!) and donít want to bust another one. Power seems more linear. I will do some dragy runs sometime some day.

I will also say the noise is way better and while it doesnít have full pops and crackles (mine is pre facelift) it is def louder and some hints of pops and cracks esp in S mode which is not present at all with epl.

Also the cod deactivation is amazing. No more weird drone. I already had motor mounts replaced at under 50k and didnít want more replacement so I def wanted cod deactivation.

So my bottom line is if youíre out of warranty or donít care, go apr. if you do, just buy epl used. Tons of deals and esp with tcu being fixed, imo a good deal.

Audi S7 stage 2
    Audi allroad stage 3
    Audi q5 stage 1

Established Member Two Rings audi_5000's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just made the change from EPL stage 2 to APR stage 2. Night and day difference. I feel a lot more power with the APR tune. With EPL, max boost I was seeing on my P3 gauge was 16.5 psi , now with APR, Iím getting 21.5 psi.

If youíre thinking about switching, I highly recommend APR.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Any update on vr ecu tune? Is it still on the table for you?

AZ Member #

Iíve been on the 11/14 beta since late November and it seems to have resolved the shudder problem. No issues since. Iím running 93 octane fuel on the 91 file.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rhinoboymtl View Post
    Iíve been on the 11/14 beta since late November and it seems to have resolved the shudder problem. No issues since. Iím running 93 octane fuel on the 91 file.
    Try and run 91 on that 91 tune and let us know if the shudder is still gone. I notice the old beta ran better on 93 as well. When I went back to 91 it was all choppy af.
    C7

AZ Member #

Try and run 91 on that 91 tune and let us know if the shudder is still gone. I notice the old beta ran better on 93 as well. When I went back to 91 it was all choppy af.
    Interesting. I was wondering how it would hold up on 91. I might try it myself at some point, but wonít be for a bit. My car died a couple nights ago and Iím pretty sure itís the turbos. Iíll pull it apart Friday and weíll know for sure. to be continued on the blown turbo thread...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Glacier S5, So did you end up trying vr ecu tune?

AZ Member #

EPL vs. APR tune c7 s6

Read my above post. I been on the 91 tune using 7/11 shit gas in california with zero shudder for over a month. Usually run mobile but 7/11 is near my house so iíve tried both.

AZ Member #

Anyone else having the issue resolved should post. Would be lame and a disservice to future readers if all we did was complain on this thread.

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY18 Audi RS6 P, MY18 Audi SQ5,MY16 Audi S6 (sold), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

EPL have gone very quiet and I don't see them bumping their 4.0T tune thread ever couple of days, like they used to.
    2018 Audi RS6 Performance - Floret Silver, Titanium styling package, 21" titanium 5 V spoke wheels, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 285/30/21, Black sports seats, Carbon inlays, Sports diff, Sport exhaust, Matrix LED headlights, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Privacy glass, Electric tailgate with foot open

Mods: Dura-Seal exterior/interior, Audi Sport door lights

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

My vote goes to EPL, I used to be a hardcore APR guy, but I had EPLs DSG and ECU tune on my S4, no problems and the ability to transfer / sell the tune and flash at home was invaluable. I found their customer service to be superior as well.

Not knocking APR, it may make more power, but I like the intangibles of EPL.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by boostchicken View Post
    My vote goes to EPL, I used to be a hardcore APR guy, but I had EPLs DSG and ECU tune on my S4, no problems and the ability to transfer / sell the tune and flash at home was invaluable. I found their customer service to be superior as well.

Not knocking APR, it may make more power, but I like the intangibles of EPL.
    Youíve obviously never had EPL on the C7 4.0t platform. Cause Iíd sell my stage 2 tune for a pack of juicy fruit right now if I could

AZ Member #

This is true! I only had it on my B8.5 S4, I've been reading the thread is it really that bad?

AZ Member #

It's that bad. There's no money on this side while the 3.0t has so many platforms to rape.
    Last edited by ichi d; 01-31-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    C7

Registered Member Two Rings RJB_melangeb5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998 audi a4 quattro (project car). 99 audi a8 quattro. add me on Instagram for more car pics @reece

Quote Originally Posted by Branch.s6 View Post
    Hi all,
    I know this has been discussed before but I still haven't found much info on the epl tune. Seems like most everyone is running either the apr or epl tune what makes them different? The apr website has dyno figures and 1/4 mile ets but what about the epl? I see that apr needs to be flashed by a dealer and the epl can be done at home, but I have a 2014 s6 out of warranty so i guess that doesn't concern me that much. It would be nice to hear the advantages and disadvantages of each before I pull the trigger. Thanks
    What's the real use of flashing your car at home? It's not like you constantly retune a car. It's the same as getting bolt ons at a shop. You put them on the car and drive them. Also if you don't have a battery charger hooked up you can fry your ecu. There's also usually codes to clear after a tune. So it's definitely safer taking it to a shop. I worked for an apr distributer. And I can't say I know much about that specific tune but we had so many customers switch over to apr from other various competitors. There tunes are very consistent and reliable. And like you said provide you with actual data.

Sent from my Pixel using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 MDX Advance pkg, a workbench

Quote Originally Posted by Cam.CL.S7 View Post
    Youíve obviously never had EPL on the C7 4.0t platform. Cause Iíd sell my stage 2 tune for a pack of juicy fruit right now if I could

Lol so true.

-------
    2014 S6 - Stage 3, AMS downpipes with custom exhaust
    2013 S4 - Dual Pulley e85 - sold

AZ Member #

When I travel and I don't have access to E85 it's nice to flash back to 91 instead of 93 in CA. Other than that I can think of no other reason to reflash, but i did use that quite often.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast