Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What about a larger version of the vacuum-assisted locker? I know several friends in the off-road world use them in their Jeeps and Toyotas, maybe there is something along those lines (heavy duty, built for TQ) that would still fit in the Audi housing?

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 420-R, Toyota Runx 1.4 16V

Quote Originally Posted by brev928 View Post
    What about a larger version of the vacuum-assisted locker? I know several friends in the off-road world use them in their Jeeps and Toyotas, maybe there is something along those lines (heavy duty, built for TQ) that would still fit in the Audi housing?
    Unfortunately, the main problem is within the transmission. On off-roaders, the cars are not launched, so the differential lock has an easier life.
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 “Black Optik” Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

2002 Toyota Runx |1.4L DOHC 16V Auto.

Veteran Member Four Rings papadelogan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

Rear-wheel steering would be awesome, but on the Honda Prelude it didn't just move the rear wheels counter to the fronts; Initially the wheels moved in the same direction to make the car "crab" This was for moderate speeds, changing lanes on the highway, etc. Turning the wheel further then eventually had the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the fronts.

HERE is a link to an article that gives a bit more info but here's the snippet that's relevant:

Turn the steering wheel in a 4WS Honda, and the front and rear wheels move in the same direction. The rear wheels don't turn as far as the front wheels (when the latter have turned nine degrees, the former are turned two degrees) but the effect is to make the car crab slightly. Turn the steering further, and the rear wheels return to the straight-ahead position. Keep turning the steering wheel, and the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the front wheels (when the front wheels are on full lock, the rear wheels are turned six degrees in the opposite direction).

The theory was that small steering movements would be made at high speed; pointing the front and rear wheels in the same direction improved stability. At low speeds, more steering would be applied; turning the front and rear wheels in the opposite direction tightened the turning circle.

Your plans for this car are awesome and if you did add in 4WS.... SICK would only be scratching the surface on describing it.
    2007 Ibis White B7 A4 Ti Avant 6MT quattro JHM Stage 2, HFC, Milltek CatBack, GFB DV+ "the YETI"

2005.5 Black B7 A4 6MT quattro sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for the write-up, Papa. I’d forgotten most of how the Honda 4WS worked.
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 “Black Optik” Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Another item turned up today:

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Just ordered these BiXenons. Comes with ballasts and bulbs. Left hand headlamp was back ordered from Audi, with the expected delivery date being the 6th of December.

I’m not willing to wait that long, so I found an alternative source:

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Here’s what might be a silly question, maybe not though.

Have you even bought a car to put all this stuff in yet? I see you getting a bunch of parts but haven’t seen you say you bought a car to put it all in yet or did you buy the one you looked at?

I just hope this doesn’t turn into another multi year build thread that doesn’t get finished.
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Here’s what might be a silly question, maybe not though.

Have you even bought a car to put all this stuff in yet? I see you getting a bunch of parts but haven’t seen you say you bought a car to put it all in yet or did you buy the one you looked at?

I just hope this doesn’t turn into another multi year build thread that doesn’t get finished.
    No, I haven’t bought the base car yet. There’s no rush, cars are plenty, and easy to buy, the parts I need are less easy to come by. So it makes sense to buy when they pop up.

My projects always get completed, EA. The Komodo Dragon is indeed a patient reptile.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I’ve just dropped a deposit on a 2012 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech, thanks to EA. I’m away on vacation, so I won’t be seeing it in the metal until I get back home.

It’s a black on black, and being a 2012, it’s a facelift model, which gives different wheels, honeycomb grille, LED DRL’s and Xenon headlamps.

AZ Member #

👍🏻👍🏻

I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit those side mirrors on an A4 🤔
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

Veteran Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

When I watched this https://youtu.be/FWotswktQ_8 this thread was the first thing I thought about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*Sorry I see now it's Seat not Skoda being from NA I confuse the two all the time. I also thought the styling of the Skoda in the video was very Audi looking?
    Last edited by A4_PimP; 10-12-2018 at 04:28 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

👍🏻👍🏻

I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit those side mirrors on an A4 🤔
    I’d say the Seat Exeo doors would need to be used.

At first I thought it would be just a case of cutting the holes, after making a template. Then I realised there would be a support / reinforcement within the Exeo doors to bolt / screw the mirrors to, which the A4 won’t have.

AZ Member #

So, just to sum up, you're attempting a C5 RS6 powered B8.5 front clipped 2012 Seat Exeo trimmed with RS4 skirts and rear quarters?
    They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gin+ View Post
    So, just to sum up, you're attempting a C5 RS6 powered B8.5 front clipped 2012 Seat Exeo trimmed with RS4 skirts and rear quarters?
    Yes, and more.

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nollywood View Post
    Yes, and more.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

AZ Member #

Yes, and more.
    Panoramic roof?
    They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gin+ View Post
    Panoramic roof?
    Nothing like that. But, we’ll see.

Phase 1 will be the installation of Quattro AWD, using the rear subframe, gas tank, differential, rear axles, driveshaft from my B6 Avant, and my built 01E.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

wow wtf, I didnt know Seat used the same 8E chassis as b6/b7, thats awesome and weird at the same time, but more spare parts availble is golden :D
    [ B7 2.0TFSI Avant Quattro 07 ] [ Maestro tuned ] [ EFR 6758 .80 TS SP QSV ] [ S3 injectors ] [ Autotech HPFP ] [ ER FMIC ] [ Neuspeed Catback ] [ ARD V-Band Manifold ] [ TTRS LPFP + Torqbyte PM3 + CM5-LT ] - Build Thread

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

If you look at the body lines on that Seat it's very much a B7 underneath. Everything looks the same, even down to the fenders

I personally think you should use an 0A3 over the 01E. I known it's strong but they shift like dogshit.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    If you look at the body lines on that Seat it's very much a B7 underneath. Everything looks the same, even down to the fenders
    I was noticing that too. Badge engineering at it's finest, lol.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Senior Member Three Rings ericbull's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Yes, and more.
    THIS.

Eric | Philadelphia, PA
    '03 A4 Avant 3.0q 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post

I personally think you should use an 0A3 over the 01E. I known it's strong but they shift like dogshit.
    I’ve been quick-shifting the 01E for 25 years, so I can actually shift an 01E as fast as I can an 0A3. It’s all about practice. Besides, I’ve blown up 2 0A3’s, never an 01E.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I’ve chosen Audi Apple Green Metallic, which was one of Audi’s Exclusive colors, first used on the RS7.

But damn. This just looks so good in white, even with stock bodywork.

Senior Member Three Rings ericbull's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

I’ve chosen Audi Apple Green Metallic, which was one of Audi’s Exclusive colors, first used on the RS7.

But damn. This just looks so good in white, even with stock bodywork.

Audi’s suite of greens have been some of the most under-utilized and striking colors on the road, IMO. Excellent choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

White would be great. Apple green metallic reminds me of my mother in law’s Ford Fiesta. 😱

AZ Member #
    My Garage

White would be great. Apple green metallic reminds me of my mother in law’s Ford Fiesta. 😱
    Lol...your mother-in-law must be a really cool chick to run a Ford Fiesta in this color...

AZ Member #

Lol...your mother-in-law must be a really cool chick to run a Ford Fiesta in this color...

My ex wife had a '93 Honda Del Sol very close to that color.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

It's not that far off

Veteran Member Four Rings papadelogan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

Sick color. Not a big fan of the "sportback" but I wouldn't turn one down either
    2007 Ibis White B7 A4 Ti Avant 6MT quattro JHM Stage 2, HFC, Milltek CatBack, GFB DV+ "the YETI"

2005.5 Black B7 A4 6MT quattro sold

AZ Member #

I love the looks of a white car. I wish I could have found a white car but finding a 6MT Avant was hard enough around here without being picky about color and a respray or wrap isn’t in the cards.

My mother in law is a character alright. Take that as you will. 🤣🤣

AZ Member #

I love the Audi Gotland Green...

Now, this kind of a rare special car would certainly benefit from a head-turning colour like that Apple Green, but I would still choose a more conservative colour like the above deep green or white as it would appeal more to a wider buyer population whenever it would be sold. Not that you are building it to resell, but it will happen eventually.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

AZ Member #

I prefer the darker green as well, much more subtle while still being unique since green isn't a very common color.

That bright green more or less screams "look at me" which someone who just bought an RS7 (or a Fiesta ) would probably enjoy the attention

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    I love the Audi Gotland Green...

Now, this kind of a rare special car would certainly benefit from a head-turning colour like that Apple Green, but I would still choose a more conservative colour like the above deep green or white as it would appeal more to a wider buyer population whenever it would be sold. Not that you are building it to resell, but it will happen eventually.
    Damn. I like this. I need to see one in the metal. White is definitely out.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

My original plan was to replace the entire Seat Exeo ST wiring harness, with one from a B6/7 A4 Avant, as the Seat is a 2.0 TDI. This will make the integration of my custom C5 RS6 engine harness much easier.

But...

After spending an hour poring over the 2012 Seat Exeo ST dash (main) harness, this will really complicate things. If it was a pre-facelift car, built 2009 - 2011, it would be easy to yank the entire harness out. But not the facelift from 2012 - 2013. Especially as it’s a Sport, with the Tech Pack. It’s just too highly-specified.

This car has:

Bi-Xenon headlamps.
    LED DRL’s.
    LED tails.
    240V AC socket in the centre console.
    AUX input in the centre console.
    iPod input in the centre console.
    Power folding mirrors.
    Rear PDC.

And more I’m still trying to get my head around.

I’m fully aware that most modern vehicles have separate harnesses, connected to the central system (in the case of the B7, the dash harness) making them easy to replace. But the dash harness of the 8E chassis cars is unique to the original customer’s order. This means the RNS-E, and most of the audio options are incorporated in the central system.

Slapping in a B7 A4 harness will require a lot of reworking, a B7 S4 / RS4 with Bi-Xenon headlamps and a similar spec level to the Seat would be ideal, but they don’t come up for sale often, and I don’t really want a heavily-reworked dash harness.

Interestingly, the B7 Seat Exeo ST is a mixture of B6 and B7. The early cars up to mid 2010 have RB6 instrument clusters, while later cars, including mine are RB8. The CCM is also the same as fitted to all B7 S4 models. Dual-stage airbags too.

So overall, it would be easier to incorporate the gasoline-specific wiring into the Seat Exeo ST’s harness. This includes the fuel pump relay socket. It’s in the diesel-engined cars too, but a couple of the slots are vacant. Same goes with adding the secondary fuel level sender, which will reside in the quattro’s fuel tank.

I love wiring!

AZ Member #

Wow. That sounds like the sort of thing that B8 A4 owners have to do in order to swap in S4 drivetrain: essentially, unless the cars are the same year and spec, they need to strip the car and install all the wiring and modules from an S4 chassis.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Yes, something like that. The B7 Seat Exeo is late enough to be an awkward bitch when it comes to integrating modules from early models.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

It’s not often a brand new Audi instrument cluster turns up on eBay. RS models even less frequently, or when they do, the seller wants as much as buying direct from a dealership.

But, a seller came up trumps. I have purchased a brand new B5 facelift climate control panel, as well as a brand new RNS-E for a friend, from the same seller. I wsn’t expecting a German seller to have this cluster in km/h and mph either. Looks like the seller has a few for sale too.

I bagged 1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123