Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings bshanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

"what's it worth" 2011 A4 avant s-line 70k miles

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thinking of upgrading to a B5, wondering what you all think of my current daily.

2011 A4 avant quartz gray metallic
    s-line exterior AND interior (in great shape, couple scuffs on the bumper, all leather is in great shape)
    70xxx miles clean title (bought with 55k a year and a half ago, always serviced and modified at Berg - no oil, intake, other common b8 problems)
    I believe all available options except adaptive cruise control

OEM upgrades:
    • ecodes (has clear bra that is bubbling, lights in great shape)
    • S4 grille with custom s-line badge with black filler plate as well as front plate holder
    • S4 front brakes
    • S4 rear valance and rear diffuser
    • S-Line Post-Facelift Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package (Partial Air Leather, Titanium Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles, Airbag)
    • ti black roof rails
    • Q5 rear wiper
    • 19" S4 ti rotors with blizzaks (maybe a season left, maybe not) and/or 18" A4 sport 10 spokes with HTRZ IIIs (<5k miles)
    • Rubber mats and moulded plastic trunk liner (driver's is a little worn - i'm actually not sure i can locate the cloth ones))
    • vagcom updates (seatbelt chime, dial sweep, reverse mirror dip, auto up windows i think)
    • rare rear seat pet cover and sun shade

Aftermarket upgrades (have all stock available everything has <5k miles):
    • JHM K04
    • APR stage2+
    • Eurocode intercooler
    • Frequency Engineering (FI) Valvetronic turbo back exhaust quad tip with diamond black tips
    • Koni FSD (on stock s-line springs)
    • alu kreuz
    • 20" Vossen Work VWS-3 forged wheels with HTRZ IIIs (<5k miles and currently not currently on the car, light rash on one wheel, see my f/s thread on those)
    • 15/20mm H&R spacers to flush the stock wheels
    • tinted windows and moon roofs (15% or 20% .. can't remember)
    • matte black wrapped window/door trim (in good shape, got this done when i bought the car)
    • LED fog lights (although they throw codes if on for a while, they were supposed to code-free )

I think that's it? i'll have to double check my receipts...

IMO it would be easy to take the exhaust (+valance), steering wheel, grille, ecodes off and sell separately but jesus selling stuff is a freakin pain...Would like opinions about returning to mostly stock (i'd pay berg to do the work) or selling as is (buyer would get a cadre of OEM parts).

Pics with the wheel options...

DSC_2618.jpgDSC_1437.jpgDSC_0852.jpg
    Last edited by bshanna; 08-30-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: i apparently have no idea what colour my car is.

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Prices are all over the place pending on which state for wagons.... I have a decent amount of money into my car as well (just no K04) .... my car is a 10/10 condition. No scratches, no dents, not a damn thing and I had it shipped from CA 1.5 years ago for $17k..... I would imagine I could only sell for $14k at this point.. 68,000 miles on mine and not my daily driver.
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 A4 Avant
    2008 - 4Runner

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by vdubjetta02 View Post
    Prices are all over the place pending on which state for wagons.... I have a decent amount of money into my car as well (just no K04) .... my car is a 10/10 condition. No scratches, no dents, not a damn thing and I had it shipped from CA 1.5 years ago for $17k..... I would imagine I could only sell for $14k at this point.. 68,000 miles on mine and not my daily driver.
    Yeah i don't see many folks selling right now so pricing seems especially random. I'd hope you could get a little more than that? For your sake and mine :)

I'll probably end up pulling off the easy bolt ons and trying to sell them separately. Except the chip definitely needs at least a HFC.. hmm. I'd love to just find someone who appreciates the mods and will pay a slight premium for them. Although i've pretty much never sold something without someone offering less than asking so maybe i'll just price slightly higher and see what happens lol. Even if it's higher it's still "worth" the value IMO. Unless you find that person looking for the stock unicorn - but they will pay a premium for a different reason.

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

Established Member Two Rings shreddykrueger's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think in CO/UT the market and value for avant is much more sought after, and thus youll have a much better chance at selling at a higher price.

Now, if you duo decide to part out some of these mods...I want that flat bottom steering wheel and all kruez! Can obviously include OEM parts + cash (if you didn't keep the OEM parts)

Here’s a nearly identical 2012 minus the aftermarket parts (which unfortunately rarely hold value unless you find the right buyer): https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4925130?ad_cid=13

Quote Originally Posted by bshanna View Post
    Yeah i don't see many folks selling right now so pricing seems especially random. I'd hope you could get a little more than that? For your sake and mine :)

I'll probably end up pulling off the easy bolt ons and trying to sell them separately. Except the chip definitely needs at least a HFC.. hmm. I'd love to just find someone who appreciates the mods and will pay a slight premium for them. Although i've pretty much never sold something without someone offering less than asking so maybe i'll just price slightly higher and see what happens lol. Even if it's higher it's still "worth" the value IMO. Unless you find that person looking for the stock unicorn - but they will pay a premium for a different reason.
    Last edited by shreddykrueger; 08-22-2018 at 07:39 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by shreddykrueger View Post
    I think in CO/UT the market and value for avant is much more sought after, and thus youll have a much better chance at selling at a higher price.

Now, if you duo decide to part out some of these mods...I want that flat bottom steering wheel and all kruez! Can obviously include OEM parts + cash (if you didn't keep the OEM parts)

Here’s a nearly identical 2012 minus the aftermarket parts (which unfortunately rarely hold value unless you find the right buyer): https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4925130?ad_cid=13
    i'll keep you in mind if the mods come off lol.

Definitely agree and recognize that aftermarket parts don't hold value, especially bolt on ones. I'd personally pay a little more for a professionally installed K04 in particular but i'm guessing the forum would be 50/50 on that one.. The rest of the stuff i consider personal so i'll just have to get lucky that someone has my taste and is looking for a deal on the mods.

Although my plans are pretty close to changing to an actual for sale thread.. for simplicity's sake i'll probably end up just listing it as is...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

welp found my new car. i'll create a fs post and we'll see what the market says :)

AZ Member #

that's a cool car. Should sell.

How fast is a car like this with a K04?
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    that's a cool car. Should sell.

How fast is a car like this with a K04?
    Thanks dude - we will see very soon as my [new] wagon is arriving today...

Car is quick with the K04, wouldn't call it fast. Maybe the APR K04 or HPA or setup would be fast but technically the K04-R is a hybrid. Holds power much better than the stock and generally i run out of road before power but i've never got it on the dyno and don't have a fancy 0-60 gauge or anything though :/ Honestly it's a great daily setup though, especially given the audi wagon options these days.