Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Post Looking to purchase a 2015 S3 *Need Suggestions / Opinions

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

Hey everyone. Glad to be here and stay. Proving that my interest/purchase in the following S3 goes well.

So I've been in the market for a car for months now. I recently had a 2012 WRX that kept getting in not fault accidents and I had to get rid of it. Now I'm pretty close to purchasing a 2015 S3 w/mods. I work really hard and really want to enjoy the luxury and performance of the Audi brand. Plus I turn 30 in a few months! Early birthday gift to myself?

-I happen to find a recently posted S3 with low miles for a decent deal in the high $20K range and automatically saw that it had some extensive work done to it. (Which seems solid)

-Here is the list of the upgrades/mods that I found on the car from looking at the photos and also taking it for a test drive on this past Saturday.

-I also took the S3 to a performance shop; Metric Autosport in CA, (that it had had previous work done at) to get it looked over before I buy it just to make sure everything is solid.

-After doing so we found that there ended up being one flag, a "Drive Shaft Seal" that was leaking some oil due to improper install of the seal most likely done while installing the lower control arms. The passenger side is bone dry by the drive shaft while the driver side is clearly leaking some oil.

-The owner from the shop that is selling the S3 had no issue with replacing that seal this week and once done, I plan on buying it! ("The previous owner that had the S3 only had it for 1.5 years" said the owners wife; who works at the dealership/shop, said he was a personal family friend). He was a young rich kid in school and had all the extensive mods done by Metric Autosport & Eurocode Tuning. *Family money goes pretty far into a car if the numbers don't matter. Ha!

I'm looking to get advise/wisdom if I should pursue in purchasing it as it will be my first Audi.

INFO:

2015 Audi S3 - Premium Plus
    26,750 - Miles
    2 Owner - *See Photos
    Asking Price - $28,800
    (Pretty close to the NADA guides market price of $30,500 w/navigation)

Here is the list I've been able to put together.
    + Dealer Photos
    + Carfax

Upgrades/Mods (By Price):

$3,000 - AP Racing Big Break (Cross Drilled/Slotted)
    $2,500 - KW Coilovers
    $2,000 - BORLA Exhaust System
    $1,600 - Rohana Wheels (x4 RFX5ís)
    $1,000 - Unitronic Interooler/Charge Pipe
    $900 - Unitronic Downpipe
    $800 - Unitronic Carbon Fiber Intake w/Duct
    $800 - Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Tires (x4)
    $750 - Stage 2 Unitronic Flash
    $580 - H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars
    $550 - Supaloy Lower Control Arms
    $550 - Worth Cast Oil Pan
    $550 - Water Meth Injection
    $500 - Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel
    $400 - P3 Multi Gauge
    $250 - Defi Boost Gauge

$16,730 - Total Upgrades/Mods Cost *Rough Estimate

Look forward to your reply's and opinions if possible.

Blessings,

- Nathaniel

As is:
    IMG_4335.jpg
    IMG_4337.jpg
    IMG_4338.jpg
    IMG_4343.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    IMG_4347.jpg
    IMG_4349.jpg
    IMG_4355.jpg
    IMG_4357.jpg

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Are those aftermarket gauges... screwed into the dash?!

AZ Member #

Saw your post on the FB group and we discussed it a little bit. Solid pick up and seems like everything checks out

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen View Post
    Are those aftermarket gauges... screwed into the dash?!
    yeah saw that too. man that should knock off like a bunch of cash. tell them to remove the screws and replace the dash and see how much that will cost.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 949 View Post
    yeah saw that too. man that should knock off like a bunch of cash. tell them to remove the screws and replace the dash and see how much that will cost.
    I couldn't agree more. I thought that was so stupid looking. That would be one of my first things to do. Rerun all those wires and make it more "stock" looking.

Add the OSIR Pod Dual to make it look as clean as possible:

S3-DualGaugePod-OSIR.JPG

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S3

Aw man those gauges hurt. I love the seats though. I bought my S3 with the same color seats and I get compliments all the time. Good luck with your purchase.