Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Most affordable way to get decent exhaust

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I’m looking for options on affordable exhausts that sound good or if a down pipe with the factory exhaust is a good option? New to Audi’s and their 2.0t engine...always owned domestic v8’s or bmw straight six’s

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What's your goal? Exhaust doesn't add much power until you get to higher build levels.

Senior Member Four Rings Poodini's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Peep the exhaust thread. There’s loads of options. It really depends on what you’re trying to achieve.
    Most cost effective is get a good aftermarket resonated DP for a little more growl in your exhaust note. If after you find it’s not aggressive enough, remove the middle OEM resonator and replace it with a less restrictive, straight flow racing type one from Magnaflow or Vibrant. They’re less restrictive but still has some insulation to reduce drone but still improve on exhaust note as well as air flow.
    If you plan to get it tuned/upgrade your ECU, then you’ll def want to get a High Flow Catalytic Converter. Our OE Cat is easily the most restrictive air flow element within the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)

^ Don't forget an aftermarket resonator might need to be added if you have drone from 2200-2700 RPM's.
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, CPMB Engine, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

Senior Member Four Rings Poodini's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Most affordable way to get decent exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by A4 Centaur View Post
    ^ Don't forget an aftermarket resonator might need to be added if you have drone from 2200-2700 RPM's.
    As stated previously sir!

That middle res is the primary culprit as far as drone reduction. By deleting it, you get that aggressive sound BUT you also get some unwanted drone. A short, race type muffler/res will both improve flow coming off the DP while addressing the drone, though not completely. It’s a good cost efficient compromise.

Jim, your “resurrection” build looks awesome man! ❗️

Registered Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cheapest and best route for our cars is to get an S4 exhaust.

Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Poodini View Post
    As stated previously sir!

That middle res is the primary culprit as far as drone reduction. By deleting it, you get that aggressive sound BUT you also get some unwanted drone. A short, race type muffler/res will both improve flow coming off the DP while addressing the drone, though not completely. It’s a good cost efficient compromise.

Jim, your “resurrection” build looks awesome man! ❗️

Thanks much!

That drone can be a real pain in the ass. I loved the sound without the resonator, but since cruise speed puts you right in that area, it can play hell on the stereo or even talking! Haha!!
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, CPMB Engine, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

Active Member One Ring capital89's Avatar
    AZ Member #

APR downpipe and the ECS tuning center delete pipe . If thats not loud enough, Change the muffler to a magnaflow

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by capital89 View Post
    APR downpipe and the ECS tuning center delete pipe . If thats not loud enough, Change the muffler to a magnaflow
    This is essentially my same set up
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 A4 Avant
    2008 - 4Runner