Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings Corradobrit's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone ID this part I found on my driveway?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Came home and found this in front of my garage. Does anyone recognize this as a part off the S4? Only work I've had done recently is front brake pads/rotor install.
    There's a clear siliconized washer on the underside.
    Attached Images
    2014 S4 Premium Plus, Glacier White Metallic, Black Optics, DSG, sport diff, Nappa, B&O, AWE Touring/Res DP, GIAC ECU/TCU Stage 1, ECS CF rear diffuser, CR15

AZ Member #

So no one recognizes this?
    2014 S4 Premium Plus, Glacier White Metallic, Black Optics, DSG, sport diff, Nappa, B&O, AWE Touring/Res DP, GIAC ECU/TCU Stage 1, ECS CF rear diffuser, CR15

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

How big is it?

AZ Member #

About 1" in diameter

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Corradobrit View Post
    About 1" in diameter
    Or ~26mm! The tag on the pic says "nut", but is it an allen-headed bolt going through some sort of an aluminum piece? What's on the other side, e.g. a threaded portion of the bolt? Are there any stampings beneath the siliconized washer, like a 4 rings icon or a part number? Is it an aluminum part (non-magnetic) that the bolt (if that's what it is) goes through or ferrous in nature?
    2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | Black/Silver Silk Nappa | S-Tronic | Sport Diff | Drive Select | Side Assist | Titanium | Carbon Fiber Inlays | HRE R40s (summer) BBS RGRs (winter)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LYKUNO View Post
    Or ~26mm! The tag on the pic says "nut", but is it an allen-headed bolt going through some sort of an aluminum piece? What's on the other side, e.g. a threaded portion of the bolt? Are there any stampings beneath the siliconized washer, like a 4 rings icon or a part number? Is it an aluminum part (non-magnetic) that the bolt (if that's what it is) goes through or ferrous in nature?
    Wasn't sure of the precise descriptor. There are 3 parts, the allen headed screw which is threaded and approx 1/2" long (i'll get some precise measurements this evening in mm), the aluminum 'washer' and the opaque silicon sealing washer.
    I'll check the underside later to see if there are any identifying markings.

AZ Member #

No identifying marks

Established Member Two Rings MME1122's Avatar
    AZ Member #

May not be from the car. I've never seen anything like that lol.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MME1122 View Post
    May not be from the car. I've never seen anything like that lol.
    That's what I'm hoping. The area I found it is where I reverse out of the garage which is why I thought it fell off the S4. Its not damaged enough to have been picked up by the tire tread.

Established Member Two Rings Turbocoop's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Could it be part of your garage door?