Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Tesla Audi RS5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Dodge Ram Rebel

Tesla Audi RS5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This is pretty cool. Love the ingenuity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYY_AlRWQA
    2013 RS5 Black All Stock

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

Disappointing. He put an RS5 badge on it when—clearly—it's an ES5. That thing looks like a nuclear meltdown waiting to happen but cool none the less. He's gotta loose the RS5 badges and put them back to S5 badges.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Kudos to the man, that’s an amazing build!
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

that is awesome, amazing build haha.
    19' C63S Coupe //AMG | Magno Graphite | Carbon Optics | Aero

Past: 2015 Audi []RS5 | 2012 Audi A5

IG @RS5z

Veteran Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Impressive!

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust
    On order: Bilstein B16 RideControl
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Established Member Three Rings Sazexa's Avatar
    AZ Member #

@ape factory does it matter when it's likely significantly quicker than a RS5? Lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Heck yeah it matters.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sazexa View Post
    @ape factory does it matter when it's likely significantly quicker than a RS5? Lol
    It's mostly an S5 with a different engine. Just because it's quicker changes nothing. An A5 with a bunch of aftermarket parts can be faster than an RS5, does it make it an RS5? Nope, it's an A5 with a bunch of aftermarket parts, just like this is an S5 powered by Tesla parts.

Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think it's more-so the fact that it has an RS5 front badge and S5 rear badge.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Nevermind he put a Tesla motor in a B8..THE RS BADGE HAS TO GO!!!! lol...

In all seriousness, pretty cool idea. Weird, but cool.

Veteran Member Three Rings RockJGC's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Jesus...who cares about the badge? The snobbery around here is just silly. Maybe he should just put a Tesla badge on it and call it a day. Either way, it's going to be able to easily smoke any A5/S5/RS5, so forget about the badge and look what people are doing with these electric powerplants.

Senior Member Three Rings ip428's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dope idea for sure, cool build
    B8 A5 6MT Prestige/Black Optic/3M/ABT/Rieger/B&O/Airlift/Rotiform/AWE/IE/ECS/034/Eurocode/Unitronic Stage2/SPC/CF Splitter/Euroimpulse/CF Trunk Lid/ etc etc
    MK4 Jetta - Lowered Daily

IG: @infamous_m0
    ACNA Member

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RockJGC View Post
    Jesus...who cares about the badge? The snobbery around here is just silly. Maybe he should just put a Tesla badge on it and call it a day. Either way, it's going to be able to easily smoke any A5/S5/RS5, so forget about the badge and look what people are doing with these electric powerplants.
    Oh look it's Francis. Lighten up Francis.

Established Member Two Rings Joshua_RS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi RS5, 2013 Jetta GLi

The best part is that this isn't even an RS car lol. Still, super sweet to see this level of ingenuity. I would have been super sad to see this done to an RS5 tho. That car is too special to have this done to. Personal opinion tho!
    Instagram: Joshua_RS5
    2013 Audi RS5 Panther Black Crystal Effect
    • Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package, Driver Assist Package, Titanium Package, Black Optics Kit
    • Armytrix Exhaust
    • Eventuri Intake
    • JHM Tuned
    • Hawk HPS 5.0 Brake Pads
    • ECS Aggressive Wheel Spacer Set (12.5mm Front, 15mm Rear)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I saw this one last week. Pretty awesome! I've been following Rich for about 4 - 5 months now. He does some really cool videos on rebuilding salvage Teslas. Pretty interesting to see how they are put together and how difficult it would be to own a Tesla out of warranty.

AZ Member #

I still don't understand what the badging matter. I mean at the point the car is in the only difference between this and an RS would be slightly wider fenders wider in appearance. That grille he has likely came from an eBay seller with the RS badge pre applied. He clearly has more important things in the build going on than worrying about the badging lol. Badging means nothing, the performance does. And this will outpace most of us by quite a bit.

AZ Member #

I mean, no one is complaining that it still has V8 badges on it (and is obviously missing exhaust pipes Lol)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

It really isn't that big of a deal but let's play this through. The narrator in the video actually misidentifies the car as being an RS5 which it plainly isn't. Everyone seems to have missed that I called it an ES5 and actually thought it was cool for what it was. But honestly, he's just transplanting an engine and ancillary items that someone else designed. It isn't that hard.

Still, you wouldn't go putting an RS5 badge on your car would you? Woouuuld you??? Or have you already done that? I kid. The badges usually are extra and don't come pre-applied. The differences are front and rear fender, the entire front fascia and rear lower bumper cover. In addition to the brakes, engine (moot point), and other chassis details. Still ain't an RS5 so why put the badges on it? It's like having a really slow A5 and tarting it up to look like an S5 and then actually putting S5 badges on it. Fish hook.

I doubt, as the car sits, it would outperform an RS5 on a road course. Actually I KNOW it wouldn't. He doesn't even have the cooling hooked up yet and I can't imagine how thrown off the weight balance is. Does it actually work with the original Quattro system? Great, it'll out drag me from a stoplight once or twice before overheating and slowing way down. A 2018 Mustang with the 10-speed auto will beat me in a drag race too. A lot of cars will. Not sure how the car's straight line performance for a relatively brief period of time qualifies it as earning an RS5 badge.

Veteran Member Three Rings mcbuck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Jeep, a Mini, and a 328 cab

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    It really isn't that big of a deal but let's play this through. The narrator in the video actually misidentifies the car as being an RS5 which it plainly isn't. Everyone seems to have missed that I called it an ES5 and actually thought it was cool for what it was. But honestly, he's just transplanting an engine and ancillary items that someone else designed. It isn't that hard.

Still, you wouldn't go putting an RS5 badge on your car would you? Woouuuld you??? Or have you already done that? I kid. The badges usually are extra and don't come pre-applied. The differences are front and rear fender, the entire front fascia and rear lower bumper cover. In addition to the brakes, engine (moot point), and other chassis details. Still ain't an RS5 so why put the badges on it? It's like having a really slow A5 and tarting it up to look like an S5 and then actually putting S5 badges on it. Fish hook.

I doubt, as the car sits, it would outperform an RS5 on a road course. Actually I KNOW it wouldn't. He doesn't even have the cooling hooked up yet and I can't imagine how thrown off the weight balance is. Does it actually work with the original Quattro system? Great, it'll out drag me from a stoplight once or twice before overheating and slowing way down. A 2018 Mustang with the 10-speed auto will beat me in a drag race too. A lot of cars will. Not sure how the car's straight line performance for a relatively brief period of time qualifies it as earning an RS5 badge.
    I concur wholeheartedly.

Now if the car "identifies" as an RS5, well then we've got a completely different set of circumstances....
    BUCK
    2013 RS5 Daytona Grey Pearl, X-pipe, 20% tint, Arc Audio/Alpine, interior/backup LED, 034 RSB, H&R sport, 10mm, V-FF 103, 285/30 DWS06, Girodisc, Hawk
    GONE - B7 A4 quatro, 2.0T, 6MT, 250K....dropped, tuned, and everything else

AZ Member #
    My Garage

LOL. Ok that was funny.

Established Member Three Rings snocat17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S5 Cab, 2008 GMC Hennessey HPE 450 Sierra

My theory: He decimated the original grill when he installed batteries where the radiator used to go. He went to eBay and bought a replacement, and decided the RS5-style looked better (it does) than the old S5-style.

This would fall under the "e-tron" group, so I guess if he wants to be completely correct with the badges, it needs to say "e-tron" on the front grill. He can leave the "S5" on the back.
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable