Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

(2.0t) ECS tuning carbon cover compatiblity with IE catch can kit

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Good evening all!

This is my first post on the forum so I hope this is in the right spot. I have a 2013 b8.5 allroad and looking to get a Integrated Engineering catch can kit. My question is that I found a ECS carbon engine cover (on my want list) that I think I can get a great deal on local to me. My concern is that the cover won’t fit over top of the new IE valve cover pvc body with the an lines etc. Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Established Member Three Rings LionKing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Usually people with catch cans don't run the engine cover. Maybe you could modify one to work.. I would practice on the stock one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust Gases go in the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster"

- Stage II+ B8 A4 / RS4 Grille / Carbonio Intake / Silicone Hoses / ECS Intercooler / TM Delete / 034 MS HFC / Forge Wastegate / Forge DV Spacer / S4 Exhaust / Sitting Low On 19 in. Rotors -

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There's really no insight to give. If you want the CF cover, you're gonna have to use the ECS catch can.
    If you want to stick stick with the IE can, then you wont be able to use the ECS cover.

Which do you want more? It's pretty much as simple as that.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings John@IE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Though it is pretty expensive, the ECS cover looks great. I'm glad to hear you want to rock our catch can! I've seen only a handful of modified carbon pieces out there, so cutting is possible but you'd have to do it right. It would look pretty slick if you got some rubber trim to cover up the cut edges of the carbon, I just don't know how much you'd have to cut. The OEM cover is much taller than the ECS one, and we've unfortunately only tried fitment with the OEM cover. Best of luck to you, sir!
    John Tetzlaff
    Live Fast, Buy Fun
    www.performancebyie.com
    Phone: 801-484-2021
    Email: john@performancebyie.com