Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 VW Eos, 2004 Excursion, V-8 Jet Boat, bikes, ancient atv

Enabling comfort opening and closing from remote on lower trim B9 A4?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just picked up a 2017 US model B9 A4 Premium 6MT. I cannot get comfort window/sunroof up/down working from remote (or even door lock) with VCDS, and there are no options in MMI from factory. I got MMI to show long press open option, but it still doesnt work.

Anyone know the coding for a non-kessy no-options car?

This is the first VAG car I've owned that I cant do it on, and its driving me nuts!

Dave

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Also, what role do the door controllers play? does the convienience module do all the work and just roll down or up the windows, or does the conv module pass along a "Comfort open" signal and the door controller figures it out? I want to see if there are any output tests or settings other then long coding at work here. Anyone have knowledge of how this subsystem operates. I only have the "radio key" - no kessy or advanced key.

Established Member Two Rings gstrouse's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Tiguan SEL 2015 F-150

I've found that you have to be right next to the car to get them to work, and the press is a double press, where you hold the second press for several seconds before the windows open/close.
    I find having to be so close annoying and basically useless. I might as well just jump in and lower them. In my B8.5, I could be quite a distance away, even in my house when the car was parked outside and get
    them to close. Not with this 2017. like I said. I can only get it to work if I'm right next to the car.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Mine doesny work at all, no matter how close (like touching the window), with one or two click. This is my 3rd VAG car (B5 S4, Eos base), and the only one that doest do this.

as far as yours, there are some settings that can be changed by VCDS or OBDEleven to remove the (intentional) distance limitation.

Anyone help me with getting it enabled though!? with radio remote and no advanced key?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

One other thing. I ran into this. There is a setting in the mmi, that enables syncing the settings to a specific key fob. So if you are using a different key from the one you sync'd it with, it will not work. I know.
    I found out when it wasn't working at all with mine. I have two keys and routinely just grab one or the other. Well either turn off that feature or make sure you've "sync'd" the MMI settings with that particular Key.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good info for those with advanced key. My premium doesn't have any of this, however.

It appears there are very few premium owners active here.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

By the way, where in the finger lakes region are you? I try to get to Watkins Glen at least once a year and hit the wineries around Lake Seneca.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gstrouse View Post
    By the way, where in the finger lakes region are you? I try to get to Watkins Glen at least once a year and hit the wineries around Lake Seneca.
    Between Canandaigua and Rochester, near the Finger Lakes Horse track.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have an 18 Premium. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asinla View Post
    I have an 18 Premium. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do you have access to VCDS and can post an outscan or the long coding of 09 and 46 modules? Im stymied. Anyone? This is the first car I've owned since 2001 that I have to go out in the rain if it starts raining while at work. There must be a way to enable this. My EOS does it without keyless. Surely they didn't take this out of the controllers!