Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Help with Unitronic VS APR graph

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking to get my tune now that my warranty is up. I have no idea which graph looks better and when the optimal rpm for torque is. Any help would be great. Mostly just daily driving so I'm looking for smooth top end power mostly. Thanks

https://goo.gl/images/NQ4uFJ

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_u..._gen3_mqb.html

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had APR on my a3 and it was a beast, I think the gains were 120lb-tq on 91oct . The car was a beast on midrange
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery. Driven at 140mph /4000 rpm the within the first 25 miles after picking it up from the factory.

AZ Member #

Is unitronic the "safer" of the two? I also like u can flash w the tool

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^^ I heard many times that Unitronic tunes aggressively with the timing and apr tunes aggressively with the boost but I wouldn't listen to that too much. You have to calibrate both in order to make power and make it safe, I am sure both tunes are great.
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery. Driven at 140mph /4000 rpm the within the first 25 miles after picking it up from the factory.

Established Member Two Rings ralphie_43's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a stage 2 a3 with unitronic and I love it power is great and it pulls hard especially with e85 mixes. I also love how it's convenient to flash at home instead of taking it to an apr dealership everytime you want to flash your tune

Sent from my SM-G930V using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Three Rings Spinnetti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've used both a number of times, and overall had better luck with Uni. That said, I'm having a problem right now on my Stage II S3, and support from Uni has been non-existent. Tempted to bail on them and try APR if I can get my money back, though I do prefer the home install that Uni allows.
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & discharge piping / 18x8.5 ET35 255/40
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)