Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Merc racing cooler question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi I. M waiting on my merc racing cooler to arrive.

Do I do the tuning before fitting the cooler or after? Cause look like another week to arrive, may tune my car first before fitting the cooler?

And do I require to flush out the coolant when I do the fitting? Is this a replacement of my factory radiator

Established Member Two Rings j23a45m's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    16' s1000rr, 12' X5, 10' A3

tune the car now, you'll feel a nice difference once you put the Hx on!
    '15 S4 - Sepang Blue|DSG|Sport Differential|MMI|B&O Side Assist|SC Badged|ECS Trans Mount|ECS F/R Diff Mount|MercRacing Hx/ Divorce kit|AWE Touring Exhaust|Injen Intake|35% Tint|6K Fog LED's|OBD Eleven Mods|

Established Member Two Rings Turbocoop's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You can go ahead and get it tuned beforehand.

It's not a radiator replacement, it replaces the small lower heat exchanger. You dont need to fully flush the coolant (unless it is due anyway), but you do need to add some because a lot will come out when removing/installing the heat exchanger. It is VERY important to bleed the system properly, else you may have air pockets. Your best bet would be to install it, bleed the system the best you can, and then take it to a shop to ensure it is bled properly with a vacumn system.