Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings GID's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Carbon fiber diffuser

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking for opinions on this diffuser from AliExpress. I have a 16 A7 with the square tips so the current diffuser might look odd with awe quad tips. My original plan was to buy the OEM S7 diffuser but can't justify spending 700-1000 on it.

I really want to like it but it's a tad over aggressive for me. Has anyone else purchased this and if so, mind sharing your opinion and pictures? Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    2016 A7 - Dakota Gray

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

The stock diffuser looks fine with the AWE exhaust, you could do the oem S7 diffuser also.
    Florett Silver/Black/Black Headliner
    S-Line Sport Pkg, LED Headlamps, 55% PhotoSync Tints ,S6 Oem Trunk Spoiler.
    Sport pedals,S6 Diffuser,AWE Touring Exhaust,S Line Flatbottom, S7 Wheels.

AZ Member #

Are you talking about the facelift stock diffuser? I've seen several pictures of them and it looks like there is too much gap because of lack of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonafyd View Post
    The stock diffuser looks fine with the AWE exhaust, you could do the oem S7 diffuser also.
    2016 A7 - Dakota Gray

Established Member Two Rings bhamcarnut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    600hp Range Rover SC, Range Rover Sport, Audi Q7, Pro Air Nautique, Custom Chopper

I have one. Itís great for the price. Needs some finessing to get it to look good. Not the best pic but here it is. IMG_3404.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S7 Phantom Black / APR Stage 2 / RocEuro Intake / Savini BM15 Wheels / RS7 Front Grille / Black Optics Lower Grilles / Dynamic Taillights / Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser / Custom JL Sub box

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GID View Post
    Are you talking about the facelift stock diffuser? I've seen several pictures of them and it looks like there is too much gap because of lack of space.

I'm saying the AWE exhaust looks fine with the stock diffuser or the facelift diffuser..
    I get what your saying but they can be adjusted, some people set it and forget some don't. on my A6 i adjusted my tips a few times until I was satisfied.
    but hey you just might want to get a different diffuser either way it'll look good. the tip adjustment is key.. I used a vernier caliper to set my tips ocd really bad
    Florett Silver/Black/Black Headliner
    S-Line Sport Pkg, LED Headlamps, 55% PhotoSync Tints ,S6 Oem Trunk Spoiler.
    Sport pedals,S6 Diffuser,AWE Touring Exhaust,S Line Flatbottom, S7 Wheels.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I'm not sure if the 2015 diffuser will fit the 2016 (as I know the front definitely changed), but I swapped out my S-Line trim for this piece and I have an extra (I do have two of these, but not posting it for sale at the moment). Carbon Fiber, just an option if you didn't want to go OEM route as this one has some fins.

2018-07-18 15.51.52.jpg2018-07-22 18.07.26 (2).jpg
    2015 A7 Prestige in Phantom Black : Pedestrian / Night Vision, Soft Close Doors, B&O. 20% tint on all windows, 50% fully tinted windshield, 35% vinyl tint on tail lights and markers.
    Other Garage Items : Volvo S60 R / Lexus RC F / Saleen S281-Cobra Conv / Porsche Cayenne Turbo S / Toyota Tundra

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the Carbon Designs diffuser fitted, which is the facelift S7 carbon coated:

Having come from a prefacelift A7 with an AWE quad conversion, which I fitted the prefacelift S7 diffuser to, l can tell you that the facelift diffuser wonít fit the prefacelift bumper and vice versa due to different mounting points. The only way to cross over would be a complete number swap.
    Last edited by RAF_S7; 08-15-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 on. WoW
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI
    Gone: 2009 Audi A3Q 2.0 TDIi

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tuscani66 View Post
    I'm not sure if the 2015 diffuser will fit the 2016 (as I know the front definitely changed), but I swapped out my S-Line trim for this piece and I have an extra (I do have two of these, but not posting it for sale at the moment). Carbon Fiber, just an option if you didn't want to go OEM route as this one has some fins.

Looks good. What part of pa are you in? Iím in delco outside Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings bhamcarnut's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    600hp Range Rover SC, Range Rover Sport, Audi Q7, Pro Air Nautique, Custom Chopper

I just had my new tips put on today. I love the look IMG_3412.JPGIMG_3413.JPGwith the diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S7 Phantom Black / APR Stage 2 / RocEuro Intake / Savini BM15 Wheels / RS7 Front Grille / Black Optics Lower Grilles / Dynamic Taillights / Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser / Custom JL Sub box

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Yamaha R1

Woah, thatís perfect! What diffuser and tip setup you running??

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sd761 View Post
    Looks good. What part of pa are you in? Iím in delco outside Philly.
    Thanks, I have a home in Pittsburgh so I'm there often; I haven't been out in the Philly area in a long time, used to go to West Chester a lot back when I played pool. I am in Acworth Georgia mostly, when I'm not traveling for work, but I make it to PA about once a month or more.
    2015 A7 Prestige in Phantom Black : Pedestrian / Night Vision, Soft Close Doors, B&O. 20% tint on all windows, 50% fully tinted windshield, 35% vinyl tint on tail lights and markers.
    Other Garage Items : Volvo S60 R / Lexus RC F / Saleen S281-Cobra Conv / Porsche Cayenne Turbo S / Toyota Tundra

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Cam.CL.S7 View Post
    Woah, thatís perfect! What diffuser and tip setup you running??
    The diffuser is an unknown brand, started with a Chinese company but I'm sure they mocked it from somewhere, however I made changes to it (I do CF work on the side for fun) and sent it back and they are building a new mold - they should be test fitting it this week or next actually. I will have another diffuser ready soon and can take better photos then?

The tips I got off of eBay, 2.5" in / 4" out staggered, was $150 bucks. Due to OEM exhaust for the A7 series, you have to pick side entry if you want single exit to dual exit, otherwise there is a block off plate on the muffler that you can cut off to expose the exit and will definitely change the sound/tone to a more deeper (nothing like a V8) if that is what you want. My GF didn't want the exhaust changed on this car, she was pretty adamant about it, so I went with the single exit to dual exit look. The tips is well balanced split, so you can see soot on both exits, so it does not appear that 1 exit is 'fake'... I like it.

TIPS.jpg

AZ Member #

Looks amazing, great work. I wish you had one for the facelift model, I'd definitely be interested.
    2016 A7 - Dakota Gray

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GID View Post
    Looking for opinions on this diffuser from AliExpress. I have a 16 A7 with the square tips so the current diffuser might look odd with awe quad tips. My original plan was to buy the OEM S7 diffuser but can't justify spending 700-1000 on it.

I really want to like it but it's a tad over aggressive for me. Has anyone else purchased this and if so, mind sharing your opinion and pictures? Thanks!

curious will this diffuser fit on an RS7 so that you can do the quad exhaust instead of just the round on each end? i think the RS7 should have the quad as its more aggressive