Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings apatchin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08' Ducati Paul Smart / 08' Ducati S2R 1000 / 2017 SQ5 / 15' Fiat Abarth

RSNAV - Who has one?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Been watching the progress the last few months and looks like great upgrade to our factory MMI.

I have only seen one other member post up the smaller OEM size Android replacement unit. I really like the larger 8.8" and 10.25" screen since our OEM screens are pretty small. Looks like the complete package with apple car play capability as well as all OEM functions remaining through the unit.

https://rsnav.com/products/pre-order...=8320697565287

https://rsnav.com/products/8-8-inch-preorder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrU_Zt9Bkfc
    08 Ibis 2.0TQ MT A4 Avant / Titanium / KO4

Established Member Two Rings Rkost's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Following this thread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the standalone unit which I use for android auto. I'm extremely happy with it.

Senior Member Two Rings eastbayrae's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S5 Cab, Imola Yellow '16 SQ5

The big unit looks horrid. Itís like someone strapped an iPad, to the dash, with double sided tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marine math: 1 shot = 12 kills

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayrae View Post
    The big unit looks horrid. Itís like someone strapped an iPad, to the dash, with double sided tape

I have the 10.25 and like the look. The oem screen looked pretty old to me and this makes the interior feel newer.

Overall the system is good. It has it's small quirks but overall it was worth the money. I bought the apple car play add on and never use it. The cable does not charge your phone and requires another piece to be tapped into factory wiring. I didnt realize it until after, and in all honesty im not excited about splicing into oem wires. When I remove it to sell the car at some point I want everything back to normal 100%.

You cannot use a Verizon sim card with this. You can connect to bluetooth on your phone and it works fine. Because of this I haven't utilized an internet connection that much.

Senior Member Two Rings eastbayrae's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S5 Cab, Imola Yellow '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I have the 10.25 and like the look. The oem screen looked pretty old to me and this makes the interior feel newer.

Overall the system is good. It has it's small quirks but overall it was worth the money. I bought the apple car play add on and never use it. The cable does not charge your phone and requires another piece to be tapped into factory wiring. I didnt realize it until after, and in all honesty im not excited about splicing into oem wires. When I remove it to sell the car at some point I want everything back to normal 100%.

You cannot use a Verizon sim card with this. You can connect to bluetooth on your phone and it works fine. Because of this I haven't utilized an internet connection that much.
    The SIM was another issue I saw. Which carrier does it use? I was thinking of getting the smaller one that goes inside the OEM housing.

Marine math: 1 shot = 12 kills

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thank you for your response & appreciate the feedback. I agree with you on the size of our OEM unit and the larger one looks more like the B9 IMO. Any chance you could make a short video of the features you like most?

AZ Member #

The SIM was another issue I saw. Which carrier does it use? I was thinking of getting the smaller one that goes inside the OEM housing.

GSM carriers such as att or t-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by apatchin View Post
    Thank you for your response & appreciate the feedback. I agree with you on the size of our OEM unit and the larger one looks more like the B9 IMO. Any chance you could make a short video of the features you like most?
    Sorry no. It functions just like a stock radio and you have an Android tablet as well. Pretty self explanatory. Anything you do on an Android tablet you can do with this.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Sorry no. It functions just like a stock radio and you have an Android tablet as well. Pretty self explanatory. Anything you do on an Android tablet you can do with this.
    Lol. okay. normally that wouldnt be a big ask on this forum.

AZ Member #

For cars with the B&O sound option does anyone know if these fully utilize/preserve the sound processing?

AZ Member #

Sorry bro. It's a stock radio and an Android tablet. Rsnav has videos on youtube showing how everything works.

Quote Originally Posted by stapan View Post
    For cars with the B&O sound option does anyone know if these fully utilize/preserve the sound processing?
    This preserves the oem system completely.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Overall the system is good. It has it's small quirks but overall it was worth the money. I bought the apple car play add on and never use it. The cable does not charge your phone and requires another piece to be tapped into factory wiring.

I have the 10.25 system. Looks great, have tons of jealous comments from friends... Not sure of above, but my unit charges my iPhone while plugged in. Use the unit with Waze all the time. No complaints....

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mothballs View Post
    Overall the system is good. It has it's small quirks but overall it was worth the money. I bought the apple car play add on and never use it. The cable does not charge your phone and requires another piece to be tapped into factory wiring.

I have the 10.25 system. Looks great, have tons of jealous comments from friends... Not sure of above, but my unit charges my iPhone while plugged in. Use the unit with Waze all the time. No complaints....
    Cheers. Thanks for the feedback. I put my order in last night for the 10.25".

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mothballs View Post

I will check my cable today but it would not charge my phone previously. I was using the Carplay dongle off of the USB cable.