Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings B8Brit's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Concealed carry in your B8

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    For those that carry, what is your preferred method to carry your pistol in your car? Iím a tall fella so the footwell isnít feasible. Any other ideas?

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Auto
    IE Stage 2 tune, CTS high flow cat, EC inlet pipe and AFE dry filter, Neuspeed springs and KYB sport shocks, slotted rotors w/ SS lines, RS4 grille with CF wrapped badge.

Established Member Three Rings NathanGreatScott's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

I don't carry, but I know I've similar conversations on here before. I cant remember if it was in the b8 specific forum or the General Chit-Chat one. I know there is a "share your gun photos" thread in the Chit-chat forum. I'm sure a bunch of those members could offer up some advice
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-GUN-PERSONNEL!
    Brilliant Black '14 A4 Quattro 6MT w/ S-Line style package
    PROGRESS
    IG:@nathangreatscott

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My .02. When i carry, i carry... which means on my person. If you put your gun somewhere in your car youd presumably have to be handling your firearm evertime you get in and out of your car. That puts you in a potentially bad situation imo depending on where you are.... sitting in your car with your gun in your hand.
    Mike

2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

Established Member Four Rings Novarider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

On your belt where it should be. Off body carry is not a good idea for many reasons. Check out defensivecarry.com
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

Registered Member Three Rings Nano909's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    My .02. When i carry, i carry... which means on my person. If you put your gun somewhere in your car youd presumably have to be handling your firearm evertime you get in and out of your car. That puts you in a potentially bad situation imo depending on where you are.... sitting in your car with your gun in your hand.
    Mike
    ◊2

Established Member Three Rings red4life5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Iíll answer the question since everyone else thought they needed to give their opinion instead of being helpful. Here is how I carry in my B8:
    IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg

2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

AZ Member #

Pretty sure he asked for our opinions on where we carry in our cars and each of us told him. Interesting you find wedging your gun between the seat and console and then putting a pillow over it as helpful though.

Mike

Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Pretty sure he asked for our opinions on where we carry in our cars and each of us told him. Interesting you find wedging your gun between the seat and console and then putting a pillow over it as helpful though.

Mike
    Gonna be that guy here. Sorry in advance.

I think that some states require that you "conceal" your firearm when it's off body and in the vehicle with you. I think Texas is one of them (Please correct me if I'm mistaken). Covering it with what looks like a piece of a steering wheel cover, making it not visible would be acceptable to some people. The way I have normally seen people cover them is with ballcaps, because you can still keep enough of the grip wedged up above the seat to be able to get a purchase on it, and it stays hidden under the hat.

Personally, I'm with everyone else. I carry on-body at either 4 o'clock or if I'm carrying something a little smaller, appendix. Always in a holster, always attached to a proper belt.

If I were to off body carry in the car, I'd probably mount one of those gun magnets somewhere that my knee would keep it out of sight from anyone looking at me through the window.

Just my .02

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WreckingBrew View Post
    Gonna be that guy here. Sorry in advance.

I think that some states require that you "conceal" your firearm when it's off body and in the vehicle with you. I think Texas is one of them (Please correct me if I'm mistaken). Covering it with what looks like a piece of a steering wheel cover, making it not visible would be acceptable to some people. The way I have normally seen people cover them is with ballcaps, because you can still keep enough of the grip wedged up above the seat to be able to get a purchase on it, and it stays hidden under the hat.

Personally, I'm with everyone else. I carry on-body at either 4 o'clock or if I'm carrying something a little smaller, appendix. Always in a holster, always attached to a proper belt.

If I were to off body carry in the car, I'd probably mount one of those gun magnets somewhere that my knee would keep it out of sight from anyone looking at me through the window.

Just my .02
    I feel you. I thought about one of those magnets but I needed it safe from view when I wasnít in the car either. My tint isnít dark enough and I would hate to have a broken window and stolen firearm. If you tint is dark enough i would do the magnet. I thought about the underseat drawer but I think itís too small. I work sales and canít keep my gun on me 6 days a week.

2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

AZ Member #

Mike
    He actually asked where do you keep your gun in your car, not opinions to always keep it on your person. Not trying to start anything, trying to actually be helpful. I showed what I feel is one of the best ways. Your welcome to break into my car, I can be sure everything will be taken but my gun because my ďpillowĒ covered it :)

2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Mike
    Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by red4life5 View Post
    I feel you. I thought about one of those magnets but I needed it safe from view when I wasnít in the car either. My tint isnít dark enough and I would hate to have a broken window and stolen firearm. If you tint is dark enough i would do the magnet. I thought about the underseat drawer but I think itís too small. I work sales and canít keep my gun on me 6 days a week.

2010 A4 S-Line Prestige
    If you're not looking for something that's just to hide it while you're not able to carry, then why not get one of those car-mounting gun vault things? I think you can secure them under your seat with a cable or something. It's not theft PROOF obviously. Nothing is. It's just way more of a deterrent since most of the time, an auto burglary is a smash and grab job. Unless someone knows you're hiding a piece, they're not going to bring bolt cutters to cut that steel cable.

That, or I'm sure there's probably a way to mount a secure locking cabinet into the back seat armrest. There's plenty of space for a gun in there. Fold it up, and it's completely out of sight.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Is be interested to see some of the options people are using to conceal inside the car. I know every state is different in terms of what is legal. Iím in Cali and my CC means concealed all of the time. If you leave it inside the vehicle and leave the vehicle, by law it must be locked up (unless you have a trunk). A trunk qualifies as a locked container.
    I personally donít carry on person anymore. I found it to be uncomfortable, more so when trying to sit in my sport seats. So mine stays under the seat in the unlocked container. Iíd love to have it in a very quick access location with fast reach. But the interior of my Audi just doesnít provide many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8Brit View Post
    For those that carry, what is your preferred method to carry your pistol in your car? Iím a tall fella so the footwell isnít feasible. Any other ideas?

IE Stage 2 tune, CTS high flow cat, EC inlet pipe and AFE dry filter, Neuspeed springs and KYB sport shocks, slotted rotors w/ SS lines, RS4 grille with CF wrapped badge.

Mike
    He actually asked where do you keep your gun in your car, not opinions to always keep it on your person. Not trying to start anything, trying to actually be helpful. I showed what I feel is one of the best ways. Your welcome to break into my car, I can be sure everything will be taken but my gun because my ďpillowĒ covered it :)

2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

I took it as him asking where we carry. I thought letting him know on your person was helpful. Probably just misinterpreted it. Still trying to be helpful though. It never hurts to try and help soneone not make an error with handling and storage of guns.

If i were going to have a gun left in my car id suggest a strong box mounted under the rear dash in the trunk or in the side cubby behind the panel. If it can be both hidden and secured thats the best bet.

Mike
    Last edited by bhvrdr; 08-11-2018 at 05:54 AM.

Gone:

AZ Member #

Heyyyyy wow! So thanks to some of you...lol. I guess this is a classic communication fail on my part.
    So for instance, i have a 25 minutes drive to work. I canít carry at work but i do bring my pistol everywhere. I like the spot between the seat and center console...and thatís where i usually keep it. Being a lefty does make it not ideal but it works. As for those saying they only carry on their person...i get it. But thatís also not always the best and easiest place to access it if you do need it.
    I was merely asking for suggestions on where people carry their pistols in their car when carrying on them isnít feasible.
    Thanks all!

AZ Member #

Nothin??

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Iíll answer the question since everyone else thought they needed to give their opinion instead of being helpful. Here is how I carry in my B8:
    IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg

2010 A4 S-Line Prestige
    i have an XDs as well.

KSG in the trunk
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

AZ Member #

Nothin??

You'll be leaving your gun in your car for 8 hours or so right? I'd recommend a secure storage box that is out of easy site. Mount a gun box in the trunk behind the gray fuzzy panel so no one can see it.

Of course you can figure out when and where you put the gun in the storage compartment as I have no idea how your job feels about you brandishing on their property if transferring it from person to vehicle or if you want to just put it right in the secure storage in the morning at your house before work. If thats the case you may want a strong box that you can carry from the house to the car so you can securely transfer the weapon in and out of the trunk without brandishing. You have to think ahead about your particular needs and how your days go.

For example, if you will want to go from work to a place where you will be carrying on your person, do you have a place where you can transfer the firearm from your trunk to your person discretely? If you dont then a strong box makes sense as you can take that out of the trunk and with you to a place where you can do a discrete transfer.

Mike

Gone:

AZ Member #

Problem solved...stays in my pocket. Lol
    55744777392__D6E3AD43-F8DA-4E4D-A159-48AC6517EC96.jpg

Established Member Four Rings Novarider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Problem solved...stays in my pocket. Lol
    55744777392__D6E3AD43-F8DA-4E4D-A159-48AC6517EC96.jpg

Have you tried to draw it from your pocket with the seatbelt on?
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

AZ Member #

Yup... Iím a lefty.

Established Member Two Rings acoleman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a magnet under the steering column on the right side in my A4 and my Q7. I stick it to the magnet on its left side so itís flush with the dash. It sits just above my right shin/knee. If youíre leaving the car, lock it in the glovebox. The magnet in my opinion is much easier to access compared to a holster on person because of the seatbelt getting in the way. The spot mine is in you canít see from outside the car.

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by acoleman View Post
    I have a magnet under the steering column on the right side in my A4 and my Q7. I stick it to the magnet on its left side so itís flush with the dash. It sits just above my right shin/knee. If youíre leaving the car, lock it in the glovebox. The magnet in my opinion is much easier to access compared to a holster on person because of the seatbelt getting in the way. The spot mine is in you canít see from outside the car.
    did you double tape or screw?
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

Established Member Two Rings acoleman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    did you double tape or screw?
    I used screws. Not ideal obviously, but it's in a location that can't be seen for when I go to sell the car.
    2001 EPL tuned Frankenturbo S4