Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: New 8v owner!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

New 8v owner!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello , I recently got myself a 2016 A3, the 2.0t of course. I have a couple questions. The one that really am curious about is, how many people have ran the S3 turbo? Is it a good or bad idea? My warranty is just about to run out and was really considering it but at the same time I donít want to blow up my engine! If anyone could spread some knowledge or link me to some threads it would be greatly appreciated!!

Veteran Member Three Rings Spinnetti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Running the IS38 will be fine... then put a tune on that and you will be thrilled with the increase... Your base motor is not quite as tough as the S3 version, but it should still be fine at that power level. You can go beyond that, but diminishing returns and all that. For some context, I ran a big turbo on my 1.8T at 30psi for 140k miles, and it never burned a drop of oil or had any problems beyond normal maintenance.
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & discharge piping / 18x8.5 ET35 255/40
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)

AZ Member #

New 8v owner!

Iíve had mine in for idk 15,000 miles. Never had any issues, I wouldnít worry about ďblowingĒ the engine.

Iíve been modding the car since I got it. Stage 1, 1+, 2 and now 2+.

When tuning with the a3 you need to get the TCU Tune. If you donít you can have issues down the road for transmission. Itís a big difference with it and without it. You can tell 100%

Doing the ECU Tune is $1200. Donít remember what discount you get if you get TCU at the same time but itís around 500-700

So letís just say $2,000 and used turbo 600-1200 depending on the deal.

Turbo install if youíre doing it yourself is free

Shop prices idk either I paid 300$ for mine but I got a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I ran the is38 on my A3, it was great, knocked out some 11.7@120+mph on pump gas. Solid setup for a daily car and no issues on the motor. I'm still on stock motor with the Boss500 now with full fueling running over 475whp for the last year. These motors take a beating and some with a good tune.

A3 8V | 10.99@129 | GTX2867R | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

Established Member Three Rings ralphie_43's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Highly recommend you get the haldex serviced or replcaed before that warranty is up my friend. Mine went just now and it's a pretty big fix

Sent from my SM-G930V using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had a A3 2.0 quattro andaluso had a S3 at the same time, both cars tuned with the same company. the s3 will pill a solid 7mph on trap speeds on the 1/4 mile despite weighting over 140lbs more and despite wearing bigger and heavier tires, wheels, rotors. If you do a search on my username and look for : threads started by username you might be able to see the topic that I started talking about the A3/S3. I took both cars to the track (dragstrip) and also put both cars on the scale.

AZ Member #

I definitely have to research this Haldex system, it surprises me that Iíve never heard of it until I started looking through this specific class in the forums. So the s3 turbo is really starting to sound more and more appealing , I will probably start to look around for a decent used one. If I could get a reliable 400-450 hp, Iíll be more than happy

AZ Member #

Maybe I might look at something even a little but bigger....

AZ Member #

Update: I destroyed my trans this weekend lolIMG_5398.JPG

Active Member Two Rings Chevyguy2021's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_gabriel View Post
    Update: I destroyed my trans this weekend lolIMG_5398.JPG
    Oh my. What happened???

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy2021 View Post
    Oh my. What happened???
    Hit a rock driving through the mountains, it willed right in front of my car. It was unavoidable unfortunately.