Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

APR stage 2 - exhaust gas temps

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi guys I just got a p3 vent gauge and was wondering what our egt should be. When under load the temperature reads 1600f and up to 1900f at times. Should this be a concern? The car has an APR stage 2 tune

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't think we have an EGT probe on these cars. That value you see is a calculated value based on other measurable variables. There is also a chance that APR messes with the calculation to produce false results so that the ECU doesn't freak out and cut power.
    2011 B8 A4 ZF8HP // JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Established Member Two Rings seangrimes590's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '12 A4 | K04

Those temps are consistent with what I'm seeing on the p3 with k04. They're calculating the temps using the o2 sensors, it's not accurate. It's useless in terms of seeing an absolute temperature but it is helpful in detecting changes in operation or identifying problems.
    '98 QS Supra | BW S366 | GSC S1 | FID 1200cc | TRD LSD | SB 6 puck | HKS Ti | CCW SP540s