Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings elijahallen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 B8 S4, 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
    Items for Sale

Looking for people with dual pulley Q5/SQ5s

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, I recently sold my 2011 B8 S4 and am contemplating selling my Scuba Blue black optics 2014 Q5 TDI and going to a Q5 or SQ5 3.0t for best of both worlds. Just wondering how they hold up when heavily modded because I would like to do everything I did to my S4 (mods in sig). Thanks for any input.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

Im currently running an EPL DP setup on my 2016 SQ5, 3.18 PR and AMS heat-exchanger. I dont have any problems at all. Im currently messing around with my coolant concentration to lower my IAT a bit though.

Veteran Member Three Rings elijahallen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 B8 S4, 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by bajan01 View Post
    Im currently running an EPL DP setup on my 2016 SQ5, 3.18 PR and AMS heat-exchanger. I dont have any problems at all. Im currently messing around with my coolant concentration to lower my IAT a bit though.
    Good to hear, did you have to do a separate tune for the trans or does it keep up ok?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by elijahallen View Post
    Good to hear, did you have to do a separate tune for the trans or does it keep up ok?
    EPL doesnt offer a tune for the SQ5 trans. So far its holding up just fine. Im at around 45k miles.

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

If you get a benign, then you'll have to wait for things to be developed for the turbo engine.
    If you get the B8.5, ('14-'17), you can do all the same mods you did to your S4. However, there is no TCU tune for the TipTronics.
    I'm APR Stage 2(.1) DP with CPS, 034 intake hose, and AWE NRDP. I just passed 55K and there haven't been any issues except for the coolant leaks and that pesky oil-level/hood-latch sensor issue. Neither of which have any relation to my mods.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

AZ Member #

Been running an EPL DP set up with the APR CPS for a few thousand miles (currently at 55k) and everything has been solid thus far. These cars could benefit *GREATLY* from a TCU tune, that's my only complaint other than the fact I'm stuck with 91 octane and no E85 stations in my area of NorCal.
    2014 SQ5 EPL Stage 2 DP
    2008 A5 S-Line

Senior Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    I just passed 55K and there haven't been any issues except for the coolant leaks and that pesky oil-level/hood-latch sensor issue. Neither of which have any relation to my mods.
    What was the source of your coolant leak? Water pump?
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, trans insert | ROW suspension | TAG blackout badges | Carbon Fiber mirror caps

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
    What was the source of your coolant leak? Water pump?
    Yes, and the crossover pipe too.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I just got my stage 1 EPL tune; I do have the supercharger pulley (CTS) and fluidampr 187 just waiting to be installed.

I love my EPL Stage 1 so much better than chipwerke and the best is my fuel mileage is awesome cruising highway !

On Thursday I am getting Cats gutted and supercharger ported by Matty (known in the S4 world for running 10s in his S4)
    Hes local to me so works perfectly ! Also going to install my supercharger pulley. Already bought the stage 2 upgrade from EPL so all I got to do is flash my car when I pick it up. Thank god for flashing cables !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 SQ5 Technik | Sepang Blue on Lunar Interior | Carbon trim | Rear sunshades | B&O | AFS E-Codes | Accuair E-Level - B8 Sport Kit | 21" Rotiform 3pc RSE | AWE Touring Exhaust | 034 Throttle pipe | APR Carbon Intake | Chipwerke | EuroCode Alu-Kreuz | EuroCode F & R Sway-bar Endlinks