Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Moderator Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2015 Q7

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corradobrit View Post
    I lived with the fixed tombstone display on a B9 A4 loaner for 2 weeks while I had the cold start rattle TSB work done, and my opinion never changed. There has to be a better option. I don't see many other makers adopting this design.

The A3's is retractible.
    The A3 is retractable because it came out before the regs were put into place. IIRC the regs state that the back up camera must appear on the screen within 2 seconds of putting the car into reverse. That is pretty hard to meet when the screen retracts. I think that they did a better job designing the new A6/A7 and A8 where the screen is in the dash. But I have had my allroad for a little over a year and the screen is something you just get used to, and isnt really in your field of vision. Like Mops said, it works well and doesnt actually sit that high on the dash.
    Don - Forum Moderator, Audizine

Current: 2017 Allroad Prestige Manhattan Grey
    Previous:2013 Allroad Prestige Monsoon Grey

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Corradobrit View Post
    I lived with the fixed tombstone display on a B9 A4 loaner for 2 weeks while I had the cold start rattle TSB work done, and my opinion never changed. There has to be a better option. I don't see many other makers adopting this design.

The A3's is retractible.
    Yea, I'm sure some will be forever bothered by that placement. But you know what I mean... some will express dislike without even seeing IRL. And I'm not saying I love it by any means. I'm simply not bothered by it, nor is it one bit distracting. But note, I don't live in a urban area, commute, nor am I techy. So screen placement is not on my radar.

Of course. Mine was almost always erect 😁 ... and in erected position - placement doesn't get much more poorly integrated.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Senior Member Three Rings Corradobrit's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I like BMW's implementation of the fixed screen on the M4. The dash seems to be sculpted around it to give it a more stealth appearance.
    2014 S4 Premium Plus, Glacier White Metallic, Black Optics, DSG, sport diff, Nappa, B&O, AWE Touring/Res DP, GIAC ECU/TCU Stage 1, ECS CF rear diffuser, CR15

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    also who wants a s4 thats reliable. b5,6,7 and now 9 are correct our b8s are the weird ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    They saw how reliable the B8/B8.5 engine was and this is completely foreign to Audi. They needed to get back to their homeostasis of making fast, technologically innovative, and completely unreliable engines.
    i find it too convenient that the 3.0tfsi was made in the period where vag was actually dyno/bench testing these motors until the dieselgate/exhaust chamber fiascoes. can we seriously expect any modern car manufacturer to actually street test their new chassis and powertrains under load past 10k miles
    2014 sfeux p+ 6mt bo nav w/o sd

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So not only is it a slower-reacting new motor with turbo lag and an awful visual appearance in the bay with only a ZF transmission option, itís also grenading itself?

Damn, Audi. Should have just kept working with the supercharged 3.0T.
    2014 Audi S5 DSG - Gray / Alcantara interior / Black Optics / Sport Differential
    SOLD: 2009 BMW 135i M-Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red Interior / 6 Speed Manual

Senior Member Three Rings Corradobrit's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fs454 View Post
    So not only is it a slower-reacting new motor with turbo lag and an awful visual appearance in the bay with only a ZF transmission option, itís also grenading itself?

Damn, Audi. Should have just kept working with the supercharged 3.0T.
    Seems like a winner. EU emissions probably killed the SC 3.0T
    2014 S4 Premium Plus, Glacier White Metallic, Black Optics, DSG, sport diff, Nappa, B&O, AWE Touring/Res DP, GIAC ECU/TCU Stage 1, ECS CF rear diffuser, CR15

Senior Member Two Rings Audi_Andrew19's Avatar
    AZ Member #

trouble on the B9 board , new design engine failing!!!

Iím sure the issues will sort themselves out. Once a few years go by and tunes, turbo upgrades, etc. come out the supercharged V6 might be a thing of the past. The performance and economic potential from this engine on paper at least is far superior to the supercharged V6. This is why Audi and Porsche codeveloped this engine; to be used in a variety of platforms with a range of power outputs.

I love our engine and think it has itís benefits, reliability being one of them right now it seems. But I wouldnít discount the new S4 so quickly. I think they look decent too with a new grille and lowered. The technology in the car is next level especially compared to the competition too.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4 3.2 Quattro; 2010 Acura RDX (my wife's vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtD1ver View Post
    The A3 is retractable because it came out before the regs were put into place. IIRC the regs state that the back up camera must appear on the screen within 2 seconds of putting the car into reverse. That is pretty hard to meet when the screen retracts. I think that they did a better job designing the new A6/A7 and A8 where the screen is in the dash.
    I was told something similar by my dealership's Sales Mgr. Although I believe the regulation is stupid and unnecessary (look around and finally over your right shoulder while placing your right hand on the back of the passenger seat), I believe a different solution was plausible. Although I don't like the potential reliability issue of a motorized screen, I believe that option was feasible if the emergence from the dash occurred when the driver door was opened (similar to fuel pump priming).
    2014 Monsoon Gray S4 Prem+ | S-Tronic | LH Magma Nappa leather interior | Carbon Atlas inlays | Sports Diff | Adaptive Damping suspension | 19Ē peelers | MMI Nav | Bang & Olufsen | tints | VAG COM mods via OBDeleven | Autostyle Mats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12