Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings Tidefan73's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Beetle R (Wife's), 2005 Nissan Titan LE

Question A/C Quit and Start/Stop Fault

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, all! Been a bit since I've posted...life gets in the way.

On my way to work this morning, the A/C quit working. Blower works, but no cold air...compressor never kicks on.
    Also, I have a Start/Stop system fault on the dash. This might be the cause of the A/C issue, but don't know.

I've turned the car off and on, to no avail...no A/C, same fault on dash.
    I don't have access to the ECU, so I can't see if there are any faults.

Gonna try and get it into the shop today, but doubt that'll happen.

In the mean time, anything I can look for to see what may have caused it? Something simple, like a fuse or the such?

The saddest part, I'm at 37,700 miles, so if it's something major, I'm kinda SOL.

Thanks!!
    T-
    Last edited by Tidefan73; 08-10-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    Took delivery 12/05/2016:
    2017 S6 Prestige | Daytona Grey Pearl | Black Optics | Sport Package | Comfort Seats | Carbon Inlay | EPL Stage 1 ECU/TCU | CETE ASC v2 | Signature SV304S 20x9.5 ET35 w/ 275/35/20 | BlackVue DR650S-2CH
    "I love this car!!" -Me
    Insta: Tidefan73_S6

Veteran Member Four Rings Kevin1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sounds like the car should still be under warranty. I would let the dealer figure it out.
    1 of 1 in the United States - 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package and Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection. Summer - Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Winter - Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905. Eurocode Sway Bars and Links. XPEL Ultimate.

RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1 View Post
    Sounds like the car should still be under warranty. I would let the dealer figure it out.
    You're right, I checked, 4yr/50k. I thought it was 3/36k.

It's going in Monday.
    Will it pass the computer check after I remove the EPL tune? That's the question.
    2017 S6 Prestige | Daytona Grey Pearl | Black Optics | Sport Package | Comfort Seats | Carbon Inlay | EPL Stage 1 ECU/TCU | CETE ASC v2 | Signature SV304S 20x9.5 ET35 w/ 275/35/20 | BlackVue DR650S-2CH
    "I love this car!!" -Me

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Update, for anyone interested...

Got home on Friday after a MISERABLE drive home in D.C. traffic and the heat. Miserable, I tell ya! Grabbed the VCDS and pulled the faults. Only one of significance, at least in my ignorant mind was this:

18062 - Coolant Pump 2
    P261A 00 [039] - Open circuit

I didn't clear it, wanted all the faults to be present for the dealer.
    In preparation of the dealer trip, I flashed the ECU back to stock and took the car for a quick spin to make sure everything, except the obvious, was working.

Well, guess what, A/C and Start/Stop WERE working. No clue how or why, but they were.

When I got back home and decided to flash the EPL tunes and confirmed that all systems still worked.
    Cleared all the faults, took it for another spin, no faults returned. The trip might not have been long enough to cause the faults to return...I'll check them again when I get home from work today.

So, not sure what happened, but I'm not overly concerned about it for now.
    "I love this car!!" -Me