Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

B6 S4 Torque for rear differential mount?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've searched but can't find the torque specs for the rear differential mount. The front left side mount.

AZ Member #

Found it on a Spulen diy...30 ft lbs for the 3 allen bolts and 33 ft lbs for the nut on the through-bolt. Nice pdf diy for anyone that needs it... https://www.uspmotorsports.com/downloads/se-062.pdf

AZ Member #

Also a little help for the B6 S4 owners. I was about to drop the exhaust and entire differential as mentioned in another post to gain access to the top bolt. But with a little prayer and some maneuvering the front of the differential moved down enough. I kept pushing up and letting it slowly drop (mainly to see if it was putting any rotation to the tires because i had the rear on ramps) and it just came down a little further one time. It must have been getting stuck on the exhaust?? Probably part of the mount that was already disconnected. In the end you need to reach around the top from the opposite side of the differential. I used a mini ratchet with one extension and an adapter to 3/8 (2 extensions was too long, no clearance). Guiding it with your right fingers slipped through on the drivers side you'll be able to get it on there. Maybe spin the box wrench on the other side to get it to "fall" on. Then holding the left side in place you'll turn your box wrench into a ratcheting box wrench (if it isn't already). Good luck. Don't end up like me swearing at rabbits in the middle of the night under your car.