Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #

Swapping clusters. Petrol to diesel

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi i am working on my b6 tdi swap. And i had someone get me a diesel cluster from Germany, but for some reason he got me a B7 cluster.. And it is RB8 instead of RB4. So i can not even use it. But before i get a different cluster that would work, would anyone know if i could swap the gauges and the glow light and somehow change the Rev counter so it only goes to 6k instead of 8K. I am wondering because the part number on the back of the clusters are the same and they are identical except for the rpms and the glow plug light, which on the petrol one is EPC. Or maybe i could even somehow transfer the immo from one to the other?
    Does anyone have an idea?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

There is this video on YouTube about a guy changing the revs or something.

https://youtu.be/U3ZttdMsac8

But i can't make alot out of it because he is not talking in the video.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings ApexIt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4

You can certainly change the gauge faces to whatever you need, others have done so before on this forum. The big hurdle is adjusting the motor and coding to compensate for the different revs and accurately show the RPM (which I think is what this Youtube video was trying to show). It looks like the person in the video you liked was using EEProm, which is commonly used when people switch from A4 to S4 clusters. If you havent yet, I would suggest you read this entire thread as a basis of attempting what the person was doing in the video.
    AKA: numer24

18'' R8 replicas :: RS4 Rear Sway :: Eibach dampers and springs :: 30% black tint :: S4 Door Blades :: B5S4 Calipers :: Dimpled and Slotted rotors