Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Transmission Cooler Upgrade

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does anyone know how to upgrade the transmission cooler? I was researching our transmission and I found out that the b6 and b7 s4 auto use the same transmission so then I looked into some high torque applications of that s4 and I found this https://jhmotorsports.com/jhm-superc...4-stage-1.html

11s in the 1/4 with a v8 supercharged - definitely going to be putting down a lot of torque....

All they say is needed for the auto is an upgraded transmission cooler....

Sounds like that's all we need to have good reliability at a lot of torque

Anyone know any cooling upgrades we can do?

A 6HP19 is the same as a 6HP26 but "downgraded"

Could this mean they just dropped the cooling capacity? Manufacturers generally don't like to build multiple things they just build one and then put a handicap on it for marketing or product positioning.

- - - Updated - - -

6HP26 rated for 443lb-ft which means probably it can handle upwards of 550

AZ Member #

6HP26 was used in the Rolls Royce phantom, Aston Martin DBS v12, Aston Marton Virage, Aston Martin, Vanquish, Aston Martin Rapide, BMW 760, in the current rolls royce drophead coupe, and more...... Even the aston martin db9

- - - Updated - - -

C6 S6, C6 RS6, Audi A8, Audi S8, and even the current continental GT and flying spur (which make 600-700HP)

AZ Member #

Continental GT was doing 600lb-ft and 621 brake horsepower stock from the factory.... I think that says something about the conservative ratings on these transmissions

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Sounds right about the 6HP26. I don't know if there are in fact mechanical differences or not between the two or if its just a software issue, but ZF rates the 6HP19A at 295TQ . Certainly not to say it can't handle more, but I think that field with the 3.2 engine has not been touched lol. 50Shot anyone?
    07 A6 3.2- Out & In- Morimoto 5500k & Nokya 2500k, DeAutoLED Reverse, LP, & Footwells, Ziza Full Interior, 10" lo-pro Pioneer, Audi Aluminum Pedals
    Drivetrain & Suspension- Stoptech X-Drilled & Sport Pads, ST X-Coilovers, Hacked Airbox with aFe, Resonator Delete

"What is best in life? -Kill your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women" Conan the Barbarian

AZ Member #

I am concerned about modified 3.0t engines