Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Audi Traffic Light Information System

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So, my new Audi RS5 has Traffic Light Information (TLI) capability and TLI is enabled in the MMI. According to Audi, TLI is available in 10 cities. One of those, Denver, is my home town. I have yet to see any TLI indication in the City of Denver, or any suburb of Denver. What is the experience of others out there? And, does anyone know of a list of which intersections actually have the capability. Thanks!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

What is "Traffic Light Information " system and what is it supposed to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Capability in the “vehicle to infrastructure” system in some of the 2017 and 2018 Audi models. Basically, connects your car (receive only :-)) to the traffic light control system of the city you’re driving in. So far, only time until the red light turns green is displayed. In the future, will display optimum speed to make the most green lights and will be used for route optimization to reduce the red lights encountered.

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    2018 RS5 - Nardo Gray

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PDP11 View Post
    Capability in the “vehicle to infrastructure” system in some of the 2017 and 2018 Audi models. Basically, connects your car (receive only :-)) to the traffic light control system of the city you’re driving in. So far, only time until the red light turns green is displayed. In the future, will display optimum speed to make the most green lights and will be used for route optimization to reduce the red lights encountered.

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    Wow..! Pretty amazing stuff...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2015 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by PDP11 View Post
    So, my new Audi RS5 has Traffic Light Information (TLI) capability and TLI is enabled in the MMI. According to Audi, TLI is available in 10 cities. One of those, Denver, is my home town. I have yet to see any TLI indication in the City of Denver, or any suburb of Denver. What is the experience of others out there? And, does anyone know of a list of which intersections actually have the capability. Thanks!
    I have seen it work in my allroad in DC. Its pretty neat.
    Don - Forum Moderator, Audizine

Current: 2017 Allroad Prestige Manhattan Grey
    Previous:2013 Allroad Prestige Monsoon Grey