Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings Nogaro Nitwit's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4, 2005 allroad 2.7t, 2004 allroad 4.2

Removing the suspension error light and CEL after swapping to coils without recoding

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This allows for the headlight autoleveling to continue to work as it did before pulling the harness to the suspension module.

I was talking with a buddy about his writeup on how to recode the allroad after going to coilovers. I was told that to get the login code I needed, I would need VAG commander and a different cable from the Ross Tech one I own. Since I didn't feel like getting another cable, I decided to use a trick I learned from a follower of mine on Instagram.

That pesky orange light....

I pulled the side panel after removing a few screws and back sill plate. This allowed for easier access to pull the harness from the suspension control module.

After removing the harness from the clip, I proceeded to find wires 17 and 49

I clipped them and tied them together. I taped things up so no shorts will happen and started the vehicle up

No suspension light and no CEL, either. Yay!

Although there is a code thrown when I check via VCDS, this does not cause the CEL to illuminate on the dash. The other drawback I learned is that ESP will re-engage above 40 MPH or something like that, if it was disabled. Still no fix to this as far as he knew.

2000 S4 - ASP Stage 3, ER ICs, ASP DPs, ASP True Dual Exhaust, 710Ns, Neuspeed 19mm swaybar, ASP phenolic spacers and many more goodies
    2005 allroad 2.7t - 6mt conversion, Daz Stage 2 tune, S6 seats/headliner, Podi boost gauge w/ custom pod, Arnott Gen IIs, H-sport swaybars, Magnaflow exhaust, 19"x9.5" Miro 111's, Euro roof rails, OEM spoiler, LED Tails
    2004 allroad 4.2 - APR tune, OEM spoiler, H-sport swaybars, OEM hitch, BFG K02 all-terrain tires, Yakima roof basket

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 AR 2.7T TP, '83 Mercedes 300TD, DEAD '03 Allroad yet to be resurrected

Thank you for this; just did it, with a paper clip of all things. Taped it up to protect the connection, wanted to make sure it would work before soldering... You saved me several hours of tracing wiring schematics, I appreciate it.

Veteran Member Three Rings Nogaro Nitwit's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4, 2005 allroad 2.7t, 2004 allroad 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrvergnugen View Post
    Thank you for this; just did it, with a paper clip of all things. Taped it up to protect the connection, wanted to make sure it would work before soldering... You saved me several hours of tracing wiring schematics, I appreciate it.
    Awesome. Glad to hear it!
    2000 S4 - ASP Stage 3, ER ICs, ASP DPs, ASP True Dual Exhaust, 710Ns, Neuspeed 19mm swaybar, ASP phenolic spacers and many more goodies
    2005 allroad 2.7t - 6mt conversion, Daz Stage 2 tune, S6 seats/headliner, Podi boost gauge w/ custom pod, Arnott Gen IIs, H-sport swaybars, Magnaflow exhaust, 19"x9.5" Miro 111's, Euro roof rails, OEM spoiler, LED Tails
    2004 allroad 4.2 - APR tune, OEM spoiler, H-sport swaybars, OEM hitch, BFG K02 all-terrain tires, Yakima roof basket