Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Probably get these questions way too much but need opinions on value

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So Iím looking at buying an s6 Avant. Owner is looking for offers at the moment.

Details:
    2003 Audi S6 Avant

Light grey not silver exterior almost a gunmetal color

Black sport package interior with black Alcantara inserts

Salvage title

All maintenance is up to date and the timing belt service plus many gaskets & seals replaced. Has a new TCU as well and documented tranny service.

Exterior is a 7-8 out of 10
    Interior is about the same.
    Itís in really nice shape minus
    the salvage title.

Let me know I guess what these tend to sell for. Thanks Iím advance.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '02 S6 Avant, '17 Mk7 Golf Wolfsburg

I would say around 6-9k depending on the condition for the same car without a salvage title. Have seen several nice examples of 02 and 03 manual swapped S6's go for around 7k. Some people are asking for way more, I don't know if they are worth it or able to fetch anymore.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thanks for the reply.

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

what was the salvage title from?
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 240k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly more modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

Veteran Member Four Rings rollerton's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S6 Avant X TWO! and 67' Speed buggy
    Items for Sale

How many miles on it? Any upgrades? Brakes? Wheels? Rs6 body stuff? Unfortunately Atlas Grey (even though it is a very nice finish) is possibly the most common color. It's right up there with Silver and paint color for the S6 being so limited in the US counts ALOT towards it's value. That's a mark against you. The Alcantara seats/ doors panels help.
    Salvage title is going to be a bad deal too. Whether or not it was a ding in the bumper or a whole front end the buyer is going to lowball you hard for the salvage branding. We all know the salvage status will rarely mean anything as far as condition of the car- considering it's a totally arbitrary label based on what the insurance company FEELS like the car is worth. But, it's too late for that; in the modern car world it's gonna kill the price a bit.
    I browse the electronical world web quite a bit because I like S6's, and the news for you isn't awesome. The asking price for these cars varies quite a it depending on location too.
    But...if you advertise it for anything over $6k prepare to sit on it a while and get no action. I sold an Atlas Grey S6 a couple years ago for $10k- but it was @ 112k miles and I had just swapped a 6 speed in- it was super nice. I know of a couple 6 speed S6's that are nice and manual trans swapped- and even at $6k they took a WHILE to sell.
    Without more info I'm going to say you're gonna be on the low end of $5k...and might not get alot of interest even at that unless you can spice it up a little. But, the S6 market is pretty thin nowadays...I could be wrong..?
    foley803 : What does an electrical surge sound like? Barking dogs? Watermelons?

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Sorry about that 100k miles even.
    Accident was a low speed front end
    fender bender. Bone stock but %100 up to date on all services and maintenance.

I want to do a c5 rs6 wagon but contemplate starting with a cheaper
    starter s6 if going through the whole vehicle anyways.

Established Member Two Rings Fast Co's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by landfill View Post

I want to do a c5 rs6 wagon but contemplate starting with a cheaper
    starter s6 if going through the whole vehicle anyways.
    Unless you're planning to go through it completely (interior/exterior/suspension/brakes/etc), I'd suggest that condition of the *recipient* vehicle should be considered. I've seen a few swaps that were wasted because the guy bought a cheap (shitty) car to receive the swap. While the upgrades are great, you'll be driving the car. Fortunately SteveKen did a very thorough job with my RS6A but I've seen other cars that the owner (or p/o) put way too much time & money into a car only to be taken off the road due to poor condition of the vehicle.
    '02 RS6 Avant (conversion)
    '02 S6 Avant
    '89 964 C4