Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hmmm. So I went and flipped through my a4 Bentley from a previous b5 ownership... and in the wiring diagram section the 2.7 configuration was accounted for (go figure).

Found some applicable info... can I post pics of the Bentley for reference? Or is that against the rules?

Anyways, the brown/red and brown wires that run to the black connector pictured above connect to the G22 vehicle speed sensor, not the F4 backup light switch. This explains why these wires are present in both the auto and manual harnesses. Iím having trouble reading the diagram though; itís not clear to me where the F4 backup light switch wires go.

Established Member Two Rings mp3driver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 VW beetle TDI <--its the wifes!

Quote Originally Posted by strombomb View Post
    Hmmm. So I went and flipped through my a4 Bentley from a previous b5 ownership... and in the wiring diagram section the 2.7 configuration was accounted for (go figure).

Found some applicable info... can I post pics of the Bentley for reference? Or is that against the rules?

Anyways, the brown/red and brown wires that run to the black connector pictured above connect to the G22 vehicle speed sensor, not the F4 backup light switch. This explains why these wires are present in both the auto and manual harnesses. Iím having trouble reading the diagram though; itís not clear to me where the F4 backup light switch wires go.
    Send me a PM of that diagram and Iíll compare it tomorrow!

Itís all because I own a B5 and LOVE IT!!!
    2001.5 S4
    6MT Swapped
    Still my Favorite Car!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Pm sent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12