Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Kittrell's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '05 A4 USP, '03 A4 Cabby, '02 S4
    Items for Sale

Seat Motor and Autodim

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Couple questions. My driver seat will not adjust up or down, it will tilt but no vertical movement on the switch. Which motor am I looking at replacing? Space/time to work is limited so I'd like to not have to pull it twice.

Assuming I am after the motor in the middle? What part # would that be?

Second thing, my driver auto dim mirror is permanently on, sort of a 3d effect almost. The rearview mirror is all permanently on, but clear as it should be. Passenger mirror works as it should. I know the driver glass is not the issue as it was swapped out with several. Am I looking at the assembly/housing being defective or is there something else? Same with the rearview?
    Last edited by Kittrell; 08-06-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Registered Member Three Rings lowestA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kittrell View Post
    Couple questions. My driver seat will not adjust up or down, it will tilt but no vertical movement on the switch. Which motor am I looking at replacing? Space/time to work is limited so I'd like to not have to pull it twice.

Assuming I am after the motor in the middle? What part # would that be?

Second thing, my driver auto dim mirror is permanently on, sort of a 3d effect almost. The rearview mirror is all permanently on, but clear as it should be. Passenger mirror works as it should. I know the driver glass is not the issue as it was swapped out with several. Am I looking at the assembly/housing being defective or is there something else? Same with the rearview?

All three mirrors are connected to one electrical board. It is located inside of the center rearview mirror. It has two light sensors. One pointing to the front. The other pointing rearwards. Check both sensors or/and grab a new used mirror to get a different board. I can post a picture later of what I am talking about.
    2000 RS4 B5 / nogaroblue on black [current]
    2011 A4 B8 avant s-line / monzasilver on black [current]
    2000 A4 B5 [gone]
    1986 Audi 80 [gone]
    **************-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Perfect, thank you. I will just track down a newer compass mirror and see if that doesn't correct the issue.

Any direction on the seat motor folks?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Compass mirror didn't take care of the driverside.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Black, 2001 Ram 1500 Off-Road

Has to be a wiring issue then, from the rearview to the side mirror. Has the door been worked on? Maybe some wires got crossed. LCD's need a voltage to stay dark, there's no way the glass would get stuck that way. Not sure what the voltage range would be though

TBH, it looks like the mirror is fine to me, mine are pretty dark, too, but they get almost totally black when they dim, way darker than the compass rearview

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

It's really hard to capture in the picture but it's almost a 3D effect. You can see it the most of you look at the shadows on the ground. The passenger side looks just like my compass mirror, bright and clear. I bought another piece of glass just to be sure. Pending that doing nothing I'll have to start tracing wires.

Established Member Two Rings Quicksilverawd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01.5 S4, '96 Eclipse GSX

Mirror glass is starting to die.

It'll have that 3d effect that you're talking about, and start going brown during the day.
    A little rice, and a little kraut... at least their both AWD.