Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Mythos S5 Sportback Build

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I'm definitely not experienced in the creation of detailed build threads, but here goes. I have owned a few AUDI vehicles in the last few years, but none have been as versatile as the S5 Sportback. After driving it around in its stock form for about a month, I quickly began looking for ways to customize the vehicle.

A little bit about the vehicle:

2018 Mythos Black S5 Sportback - Prestige --> Fully Equipped with every package.

Modifications currently installed:
    30% Ceramic Window Tint all around
    Gloss Black Zito ZF01 Wheels on Michellin Pilot Super Sports.
    EMD Auto RS5 Front Grille with the optional 3D Printed front camera bracket - AMAZING quality, even better customer service.
    Full vehicle XPEL Ultimate - Keeps the Mythos Black Finish spotless.
    R1 Motorsports Custom Valvetronic Exhaust - Was cross shopping between this and the AWE Swithcpath. Decided to go with R1 as I have had incredible experiences with them in the past. Will post a video of the vehicle soon!

Modifications to come:
    KW V3 Coilovers - Ordered. Should be here this week.
    Reflector Delete! - If anyone has found a solution to this other than purchasing ecodes, please let me know!
    AWE Airgate CAI - Ordered. Should be here in the next few weeks.
    ECU Tune?
    Carbon Diffusers, Mirror caps and Spoiler

Pictures and Videos of the process coming in shortly!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Luis Rodriguez; 08-03-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Active Member Two Rings cata_adc's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A6 C7 & A5 Sporback s-line

Nice build up thread!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Senior Member Two Rings NC_Detail_Garage's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4

full body ppf - hard core

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez View Post
    So I'm definitely not experienced in the creation of detailed build threads, but here goes. I have owned a few AUDI vehicles in the last few years, but none have been as versatile as the S5 Sportback. After driving it around in its stock form for about a month, I quickly began looking for ways to customize the vehicle.

A little bit about the vehicle:

2018 Mythos Black S5 Sportback - Prestige --> Fully Equipped with every package.

Modifications currently installed:
    30% Ceramic Window Tint all around
    Gloss Black Zito ZF01 Wheels on Michellin Pilot Super Sports.
    EMD Auto RS5 Front Grille with the optional 3D Printed front camera bracket - AMAZING quality, even better customer service.
    Full vehicle XPEL Ultimate - Keeps the Mythos Black Finish spotless.
    R1 Motorsports Custom Valvetronic Exhaust - Was cross shopping between this and the AWE Swithcpath. Decided to go with R1 as I have had incredible experiences with them in the past. Will post a video of the vehicle soon!

Modifications to come:
    KW V3 Coilovers - Ordered. Should be here this week.
    Reflector Delete! - If anyone has found a solution to this other than purchasing ecodes, please let me know!
    AWE Airgate CAI - Ordered. Should be here in the next few weeks.
    ECU Tune?
    Carbon Diffusers, Mirror caps and Spoiler

Pictures and Videos of the process coming in shortly!
    R1 motorsports as in the one in San Fernando Valley / LA area?

If so I believe I saw some pictures of them assembling the exhaust onto a black S5 on Instagram. It may have been yours. I also replied to them in that video to ask for a quote. Never got back to me. If this is in fact the place, and that was your car. Thay exhaust looks AMAZING. With the carbon fiber tips.
    How much did the set up cost you?

Could you please upload a video of how the exhaust sounds?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shanx.24 View Post
    R1 motorsports as in the one in San Fernando Valley / LA area?

If so I believe I saw some pictures of them assembling the exhaust onto a black S5 on Instagram. It may have been yours. I also replied to them in that video to ask for a quote. Never got back to me. If this is in fact the place, and that was your car. Thay exhaust looks AMAZING. With the carbon fiber tips.
    How much did the set up cost you?

Could you please upload a video of how the exhaust sounds?
    Yeah! The car has been in the shop for the last week getting some upgrades. I'm picking up the car tomorrow so I'll post some videos soon after that. I stopped by to hear the car today, and it's amazing. I went with the valvetronic option + CF tips which was more expensive, but worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If you guys are interested In more of the videos/photos of the process, feel free to follow on IG: mythos.sportback --> it's easier for me to post on there.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Yeah! The car has been in the shop for the last week getting some upgrades. I'm picking up the car tomorrow so I'll post some videos soon after that. I stopped by to hear the car today, and it's amazing. I went with the valvetronic option + CF tips which was more expensive, but worth every penny.

So R1 has gotten back and quoted me $4,600 with the valves and $3,500 without. Wow! Lol

That is some serious cash for an exhaust system. I may be going to another shop in a couple weeks to get a custom exhaust done for right around $1,000 or may go with the AWE option.

Any specific reason as to why you didn't choose AWE?

I'm sure your exhaust sounds great and I'm glad you are happy with it. It certainly looks awesome. I just personally do not see myself spending that much for an exhaust.

I've checked out your IG, I'm guessing it's newly created? Can't wait for some videos of how the exhaust sounds at a stop and while rolling.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I just made the Instagram page last week and the cars been in the shop so the content has been a little scarce.

I went with R1 because I needed to have a valvetronic exhaust as this is my daily driver. Jimmy, the owner, is seriously a master of his craft. I will post videos of the exhaust tomorrow since I didn't have my camera with me today. I will tell you that a friend of mine got the awe SwitchPath, and I honestly wasn't impressed. With installation the awe runs around 3400 with the 90mm tips (unless you wait till the end of the year when they usually have a discount on the systems). The track is too loud for my liking, but if you're on the fence, I would consider looking at the touring. I get that the price is a little high for the R1, but he literally custom fabricates the exhaust to your exact specifications. I have little experience with other brands like FiExhaust or Armytrix, so I steered clear of those (both of these are ~3500 also). Keep me posted on which route you decide to take.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The carbon fiber tips. 20180808_165438.jpeg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Post-wash. 20180809_011957.jpeg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

EMD RS-style grille. 20180628_230833.jpeg

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

What didn't you like about the Switchpath exhaust? I'm looking at an exhaust system and definitely want one with valves. I'm happy with the stock sound level, I just want something a little less restrictive.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That was exactly my position. I mainly needed something that wasn't as restrictive. Don't get me wrong, the SwitchPath with the black 90mm tips looks and sounds great. I was however looking to get a really deep tone for my exhaust that wasn't overwhelming or annoying on long trips. I just figured that for about the same amount of money as the awe, I might as well go custom. The switchpath sounds great, but after 20 miles on the highway...might be a different story. Again, it comes down to personal preference.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    What didn't you like about the Switchpath exhaust? I'm looking at an exhaust system and definitely want one with valves. I'm happy with the stock sound level, I just want something a little less restrictive.
    That was exactly my position. I mainly needed something that wasn't as restrictive. Don't get me wrong, the SwitchPath with the black 90mm tips looks and sounds great. I was however looking to get a really deep tone for my exhaust that wasn't overwhelming or annoying on long trips. I just figured that for about the same amount of money as the awe, I might as well go custom. The switchpath sounds great, but after 20 miles on the highway...might be a different story. Again, it comes down to personal preference.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Hmmm... I do about 50/50 city/highway driving. The last thing I want is droning. The AWE SwitchPath is resonated though.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings AR_Motorwerkz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4/ AMG GTS / 991.1 C4S / JK Wrangler

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

4667 San Fernando Road Glendale, CA 91204
    Website | Instagram
    Phone (call/text) - (818)588-5324 | E-mail - jeremy@armotorwerkz.com | DM - AR_Motorwerkz