Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any Mk2 TTRS looking to sell? (or know of any?)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As stated in the title, I've been shopping around for a Mk2 TT RS for about 6 months in the Denver area with nearly zero luck. Every car I've been able to see either has a spotty history or is a low miler with a crazy ask. I'm comfortable with a sub 60k mileage and reasonable mods (higher mods OK if done at a shop like Iroz), but would like complete service history, no accidents/paint work, and would prefer a white, silver, daytona grey, or suzuka grey car. Thanks for any leads!

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2018-08-03

Not one of your preferred colors, not in Denver, and only a little over two hours left to bid, but looks to be a really good TTRS nevertheless.
    2018 RS3
    2015 B8.5 S4
    2011 B8 S4
    2010 A4 Avant
    2007 RS4 (Phantom Black)
    2007 RS4 (Misano Red)
    2013 RS5 - sold

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DOCEVG View Post
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2018-08-03

Not one of your preferred colors, not in Denver, and only a little over two hours left to bid, but looks to be a really good TTRS nevertheless.
    Thanks for sharing. There are plenty out on the market, but they seem to all live on the coasts. I'm very preferential to seeing/touching a car and talking with the owner at length (personally, I feel this is actually more telling of what you can expect from a car than a visual inspection) before writing a check for it. I was burned on a cross country car purchase years ago and don't feel like going down that road again.

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So this one in Boulder isn't on your list due to cost?
    * https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...660716624.html
    What's target price range for you?

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox280 View Post
    So this one in Boulder isn't on your list due to cost?
    * https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...660716624.html
    What's target price range for you?

- Erik
    I've seen that one up for a few months and the price seems to move between $42,000 and $48,000 depending on when you check. It was offered with snow tires at one point, too, so I'd imagine its seen some 'winter conditions'... I reached out to them with a $38,000 offer (top of my range) that was promptly shot down, which is fine.

My price range is car dependent (obviously), but from what I've seen - a clean 60,000 mile car should be $32,500 ball park. A clean 30,000+ mile car should be $37,500 range. I intend to drive the car two to three days per week and send it off to Iroz for motor work after a year or so so I have no need to pony up for a low mile car that will be north of $40k.

AZ Member #

Only a week after posting, the right car popped up :D Right color, right mods, and I didn't love the price, but close enough. Hoping to meet some of the local Audi folks down the road.

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good find - where did you locate it?
    Hope to see you at upcoming events.

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

I was looking at buying that Suzuka Grey one on CL for a while and saw the fluctuation that you just described, I decided to make a move on a new TTRS instead. Now I fighting off the urge to spend lots of money with Iroz as well.

Congrats on the find, your TTRS looks killer. Is that Ibis white or Suzuka Grey?
    2018 TTRS Nardo Grey |IROZ CC ECU/TCU Tune | Sports Exhaust | Dynamic Plus Package | Design Selection Interior | Carbon Inlays | Tech Package | Black Optic
    2018 SQ5 Prestige Azores Green | Loaded like a Baked Potato
    2018 S5 SB Navarra Blue/Magma
    2003 A4 Avant Polar White | 2.7T swapped |Tial 605.2

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox280 View Post
    Good find - where did you locate it?
    Hope to see you at upcoming events.

- Erik
    Thanks. I found the car online at Automotive Imports (a newer 2nd hand dealership off Santa Fe). They were pretty simple to deal with, transparent with their inspection (they replaced both rear shocks after noting leaks, for example), and there were at least a few Audi enthusiasts in the shop. The car had a really poorly fitting set of RS7 wheels on it in the ad, but they were happy to swap back to the 19" OZ wheels that the car came to them on.

Quote Originally Posted by nefkntym View Post
    I was looking at buying that Suzuka Grey one on CL for a while and saw the fluctuation that you just described, I decided to make a move on a new TTRS instead. Now I fighting off the urge to spend lots of money with Iroz as well.

Congrats on the find, your TTRS looks killer. Is that Ibis white or Suzuka Grey?
    Congrats on the new car! Funnily enough, I wasn't positive if the car was Ibis White or Suzuka Grey until I saw the window sticker (it was listed as White in the ad). It is Suzuka and it really does shift based on the light. I've spent what little time I've had available over the last few days to find whats already been done to the car and have come across the UM Tune (knew about this before buying), AWE Switch Path catback, 034 Sway bar, some aftermarket coil packs, and a clear bra on all leading surfaces. Its sort of like an Easter Egg hunt...

Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Thank you! That is awesome and again, congrats on the find!! I wanted a MK2 TTRS in Suzuka Grey bad since they came out here in the US. It is pretty cool that you got one with some goodies too.
    2018 TTRS Nardo Grey |IROZ CC ECU/TCU Tune | Sports Exhaust | Dynamic Plus Package | Design Selection Interior | Carbon Inlays | Tech Package | Black Optic
    2018 SQ5 Prestige Azores Green | Loaded like a Baked Potato
    2018 S5 SB Navarra Blue/Magma
    2003 A4 Avant Polar White | 2.7T swapped |Tial 605.2