Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet, 93 Mustang 5.0

C6/A6 3.0T EPL stage 1 and 2

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just want to confirm the tune is fantastic!!!

Chris and Tony have spent the better part of the past week working out the power and torque increase in my old 2011 A6... (with 81K miles!) that belongs to my nephew.

something near 365hp to the wheels with SC pulley swap, with the potential to add another 30+ with a crank pulley and heat exchanger...

Docile and steady in normal shift mode... an awakened beast in sport mode! The torque pull is beastly!

I had asked a few of the regular tuners what was available... "we are working on it..." was the most common answer...

Chris and Tony said... "Come on down!!!"

So we did.... and they did... and now it's done!

An amazing improvement, well worth the effort, time and money.

I hope you are ready to roll this out!!!

Thanks guys!
    Family comes First!.... Nice cars a close second.

2017 SQ5 Ibis White, Black Optics P+ with Tech, Nappa, 21" wheels, Milltek exhaust, EPL Stage 2... more to come
    And for topless Summer fun... 2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet Prestige, Black Optics Grill, Rear Valance, Tint, Unitronics Stage 3 with DP and TCU, IE Down Pipes... doesn't get any better!
    2018 Manhattan Grey Q5 Premium Plus with Nav, Hot & Cold packages, 20" wheels, B/O sound... wifey's new ride

Established Member Two Rings juniorcruzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Suburban

Is it ECU only, or is there a TCU tune also?

I'm already APR on my current C6.5....so won't be changing up, but can totally see buying another one as this one starts to wear out more.

Jon
    2010 S4 3.0T, chipwerks stage I
    2010 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, Roc Euro Intake, VMR V710 18x9.5 HyperSilver, 30% tint, A3 clear marker lights, LED Reverse lights, RS6 Grill

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Is the 365hp to the wheels dyno proven?

I am getting stage 2 single pulley - SC pulley setup from EPL for my car!

I am currently stock right now, so this should be massive improvement for me!

GIAC is like 350hp to the wheels stage 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWPxiW0cAio

I was really torn between GIAC and APR, but GIAC and APR both didn't go balls deep on this platform, so EPL will have total monopoly on this platform if they do what they say they will and based off your post I am very excited!

EPL says they are going to get all of the power they can out of this platform!

They have tons of customers awaiting them if their word is good!

- - - Updated - - -

What fuel were you on when you got the 365 and how did you measure it?

AZ Member #

Can you elaborate more on the heat exchanger options for this car - I am not aware of any

AZ Member #

This a6 weighs the same as an s4, so with this new EPL tuning this car's value about to go UPPPPP literally no reason to get an s4 for straight line

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Tony (EPL) confirmed dyno proven, on a Mustang Dyno, high 80d to mid 90d outside temps (dropped car off 7/26, picked up yesterday...) humidity levels high. Dyno is inside their non air conditioned shop.

Going to fit a Merc Racing heat exchanger (already have it, just have to work on fabbing up mounting brackets). While not a must do... it will help keep the power band consistent and at max HP/TQ throughout the RPM range.

No TCU tune at this time, but that is something Chris and Tony can comment on...

If all goes well, the plan is to bring the car back in October (cooler temps) with the new heat exchanger completed, new Fluid Damper pulley installed and try to complete a dual pulley tune upgrade.

2017 SQ5 Ibis White, Black Optics P+ with Tech, Nappa, 21" wheels, Milltek exhaust, EPL Stage 2... more to come
    And for topless Summer fun... 2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet Prestige, Black Optics Grill, Rear Valance, Tint, Unitronics Stage 3 with DP and TCU, IE Down Pipes... doesn't get any better!
    2018 Manhattan Grey Q5 Premium Plus with Nav, Hot & Cold packages, 20" wheels, B/O sound... wifey's new ride

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by delz05 View Post
    Tony (EPL) confirmed dyno proven, on a Mustang Dyno, high 80d to mid 90d outside temps (dropped car off 7/26, picked up yesterday...) humidity levels high. Dyno is inside their non air conditioned shop.

Going to fit a Merc Racing heat exchanger (already have it, just have to work on fabbing up mounting brackets). While not a must do... it will help keep the power band consistent and at max HP/TQ throughout the RPM range.

No TCU tune at this time, but that is something Chris and Tony can comment on...

If all goes well, the plan is to bring the car back in October (cooler temps) with the new heat exchanger completed, new Fluid Damper pulley installed and try to complete a dual pulley tune upgrade.
    What fuel

AZ Member #

See if EPL will build a cooling system that's bolt on for this car

Also can you explain to me what the heat exchanger is doing? Is it just adding on to the cooling capacity of the radiator?

Is the charge coolers in the supercharger cooled by the same coolant as the radiator?

Senior Member Three Rings dluxxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I tried getting a EPL tune from the a while back and said my ECU was not compatible. I believe my 2010 C6.5 has the Simos 8.3 ECU and their tune applies only to Simos 8.4 or 8.5. Has this changed?
    2010 A6 C6.5 3.0T, Remus Mufflers w/ Quad tips, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, RocEuro Intake, Chipwerke Pro, Transparent Gloss Copper Verde Axis V99 20x9, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/30, Bilstein P14 PSS Coilover, H&R Rear Sway Bar, RS6 Black Gloss Grill, Rear diffuser, Black Vinyl window trim, Smoked Rear Tailights, Complete Interior LED Lights, Blacked out front sidemarkers, Morimoto 5000k D3S bulbs, SB3 Alpha Ceramic Coating.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dluxxx View Post
    I tried getting a EPL tune from the a while back and said my ECU was not compatible. I believe my 2010 C6.5 has the Simos 8.3 ECU and their tune applies only to Simos 8.4 or 8.5. Has this changed?
    Yes it has. Still just Beta for Stage 1 and Stage 2, but it will be very soon.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NickLim View Post
    See if EPL will build a cooling system that's bolt on for this car

Also can you explain to me what the heat exchanger is doing? Is it just adding on to the cooling capacity of the radiator?

Is the charge coolers in the supercharger cooled by the same coolant as the radiator?
    Running 93 octane pump gas...

Heat exchanger will increase cooling capacity, and give you the option of separating the SC coolant from the engine coolants...

plenty of write-ups in the S4/S5 forums....

AZ Member #

Running 93 octane pump gas...

Heat exchanger will increase cooling capacity, and give you the option of separating the SC coolant from the engine coolants...

plenty of write-ups in the S4/S5 forums....
    Wonderful results! Seems on par with GIAC and if it's still in beta that's amazing news!

Interesting - so stock the SC coolant is shared with the engine coolant?

Whereas with an additional radiator the SC coolant will have its own radiator and pump?

Or would you simply be adding it on to the same line

Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    Very interested if you're able to get it to work on the earlier ECUs on the 09-10 models, I would definitely be a customer.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
    Very interested if you're able to get it to work on the earlier ECUs on the 09-10 models, I would definitely be a customer.
    If you have VCDS and can send me your box code I can check, but yes I do not think it will be a problem.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I can get that to you.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    OMG can't wait. Please post a thread on here when it is out of the beta phase. Very interested in the stage 1.
    2010 A6 C6.5 3.0T, Remus Mufflers w/ Quad tips, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, RocEuro Intake, Chipwerke Pro, Transparent Gloss Copper Verde Axis V99 20x9, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/30, Bilstein P14 PSS Coilover, H&R Rear Sway Bar, RS6 Black Gloss Grill, Rear diffuser, Black Vinyl window trim, Smoked Rear Tailights, Complete Interior LED Lights, Blacked out front sidemarkers, Morimoto 5000k D3S bulbs, SB3 Alpha Ceramic Coating.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Wonderful results! Seems on par with GIAC and if it's still in beta that's amazing news!

Interesting - so stock the SC coolant is shared with the engine coolant?

Whereas with an additional radiator the SC coolant will have its own radiator and pump?

Or would you simply be adding it on to the same line
    Yes... all fluids shared

Yes, you can separate the systems but the engine uses the water pump to push coolant flow, and on my S5, the SC loop has a pump in addition to the WP. Not certain about these A6 model... working on it next week.

AZ Member #

Yes... all fluids shared

Yes, you can separate the systems but the engine uses the water pump to push coolant flow, and on my S5, the SC loop has a pump in addition to the WP. Not certain about these A6 model... working on it next week.
    So just string on an another radiator to the coolant line and you're good!

So heat soak should be seen on the temperature gauge as well if I understand it correctly?

Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000

So just string on an another radiator to the coolant line and you're good!

So heat soak should be seen on the temperature gauge as well if I understand it correctly?
    Check out the B8 S4 section. Tons of info there on cooling, assuming it’s the same since the motor is the same.

The two systems are connected only to share a reservoir. The engine cooling is driven by a belt turned water pump. Charge cooling is via an electric pump (drivers side behind head and fog light). The charge cooling HX are crazy small. Many divorce the systems so they can run more water and less antifreeze in the charge cooler portion for summer.

Again, tons of info in the B8 S4 section. Hopefully is the same setup for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings alexdell's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Been shopping around for a C6 A6 Avant w/ the 3.0T. This is exciting to hear. It would be great to eventually have the TCU tune available as well as it seems the Tiptronic is the limitation on this platform.
    IG: @puzoyboy

'15 S4 Sepang Blue (6MT)
    | APR Stage 2+ UC| APR CPS| Milltek Valvesonic| ECS CF Intake| H&R Street Coilovers| SPC ACA| EuroCode Sways & Endlinks| EuroCode ST Shifter| BFI GS2 Knob+Boot| Alu Kreuz| CR-15| ECS Drivetrain Inserts| P3 VIDI| USMW bracket| RS style front grill & fogs| Deval CF Diffuser| RSNAV 10.25"| HRE FF01|

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by alexdell View Post
    Been shopping around for a C6 A6 Avant w/ the 3.0T. This is exciting to hear. It would be great to eventually have the TCU tune available as well as it seems the Tiptronic is the limitation on this platform.
    MRC Tuning based in the UK has a TCU tune for our cars but i asked them if they have any dealers out here in the US and they said no... supposedly they said their tune for the tip gearbox makes it rev higher and hold more torque... it is doable but i guess no tuner here sees much value in it...

AZ Member #

MRC Tuning based in the UK has a TCU tune for our cars but i asked them if they have any dealers out here in the US and they said no... supposedly they said their tune for the tip gearbox makes it rev higher and hold more torque... it is doable but i guess no tuner here sees much value in it...
    That's HUGELY valuable

AZ Member #

If this car gets a TCU tune then this car is KING

Veteran Member Four Rings kneel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Subscribed to this cause i need this lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    C6A6 3.0t Avant
    @avantneil
    @avantoberfest

@skiguardusa www.skigaurd.com

AZ Member #

I'd pay for a TCU tune right now

Veteran Member Three Rings ichi d's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This a6 weighs the same as an s4, so with this new EPL tuning this car's value about to go UPPPPP literally no reason to get an s4 for straight line
    s4 is a bit lighter and has a dsg and i bet it will feel more nimble. s4 tune vs a c6.5 tune the s4 will win all day long. sorry to break it to you. lol
    C7 4.0T - EPL stage 1 ECU/TCU.

Donated - C6.5 Apr Stage 2

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ichi d View Post
    s4 is a bit lighter and has a dsg and i bet it will feel more nimble. s4 tune vs a c6.5 tune the s4 will win all day long. sorry to break it to you. lol
    yeah.. plus the sports differential option the S4 has...dual pulley tunes....the C6 is like the middle child of the audi group... always forgotten

Established Member Three Rings JWebb_C7_Comp's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A6 Comp, 2017 Q7

yeah.. plus the sports differential option the S4 has...dual pulley tunes....the C6 is like the middle child of the audi group... always forgotten
    Current A6 gets dual pulley with enhanced TB through APR. that’s something

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ichi d View Post
    Definitely! By about 1-5%

Some people care about that 1-5% but it's not worth it to me to pay 2-3x for a smaller car with less luxury and less comfortsble ride for that marginal performance

99% of the time I'm cruising only 1% of the time racing

- - - Updated - - -

Forgetting is a good thing

If people knew about it there's no way it'd be this cheap

Established Member Two Rings ApostolSauce's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C6.5 Avant, STG3 B5S4

I was getting myself ready to buy into APR stage 2 with both pulleys, but I am interested in what EPL has up their sleeves. Also very interested in any kind of improvement TCM wise. Hope this thread continues positively :)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ApostolSauce View Post
    I was getting myself ready to buy into APR stage 2 with both pulleys, but I am interested in what EPL has up their sleeves. Also very interested in any kind of improvement TCM wise. Hope this thread continues positively :)

Very excited about this as well!

If this car gets a TCU tune in the united states I foresee the c6 a6 BLOWING up with enthusiasts who are in the know

Senior Member Three Rings diabolical1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Glad to see EPL is still at it.
    Because S4 = Hooker
    Both can be purchased for cheap, and after one night of reckless, risky fun, either can be found lifeless on the side of the road. Your family is disappointed and concerned once they find out you've picked one up. Not to mention you try to hide how much money you routinely give one from your significant other.
    - getslideways

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

The thing I don't find ideal in these cars is how long the gearing is. The car is quick but the long gearing makes it feel like it's not as quick as it is at least compared to the S4's DSG.

Established Member Two Rings ApostolSauce's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C6.5 Avant, STG3 B5S4

The thing I don't find ideal in these cars is how long the gearing is. The car is quick but the long gearing makes it feel like it's not as quick as it is at least compared to the S4's DSG.
    i find the gear ratios to be good, driving the car in upper RPMs is quite satisfying given the kind of transmission we’re working with here. What id like to see improvement on is less torque converter slippage and quicker gear change at low gear lower rpm. But who knows how much improvement there can be in a transmission with older technology. Maybe EPL knows..

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ApostolSauce View Post
    i find the gear ratios to be good, driving the car in upper RPMs is quite satisfying given the kind of transmission we’re working with here. What id like to see improvement on is less torque converter slippage and quicker gear change at low gear lower rpm. But who knows how much improvement there can be in a transmission with older technology. Maybe EPL knows..

I flashed my car last night with EPL's Stage 1 software. It feels like a lighter car and the grunt down low is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more evident! the car feels much more eager to get itself moving from a stop.

The trans is the dull spot of this car. The torque converter slippage is obvious but if you drive it in a particular way it can be mitigated somewhat.

I can only imagine how much more fun the car would be with the S4 manual or DSG trans in it.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
    I flashed my car last night with EPL's Stage 1 software. It feels like a lighter car and the grunt down low is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more evident! the car feels much more eager to get itself moving from a stop.

The trans is the dull spot of this car. The torque converter slippage is obvious but if you drive it in a particular way it can be mitigated somewhat.

I can only imagine how much more fun the car would be with the S4 manual or DSG trans in it.
    Good to hear!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post

Is the converter slippage more pronounced now or the same as before?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Is the converter slippage more pronounced now or the same as before?
    It's kinda tough to say... Maybe I just get on it more now, but it feels a bit more pronounced when doing so. Normal driving is the same.

Veteran Member Four Rings gdawg'05a4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 Q7, '95 Audi 90 AAN Swap

A few people are starting to tune their own ZF-8 TCU on the C7 side using HPTuners MPV12 software. One or two are running their tuned configuration so far. I would think this is probably possible on the ZF-6 too if someone is willing to try it out.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...8-spd-tcu-tune

Melen2120 showing higher rev limiter: https://youtu.be/InPTdpxLPHs
    '17 Q7 3.0T | Graphite Gray | Rock Gray || Prestige | Cold Weather | Tow
    '14 A6 3.0T | Daytona Gray | Black || Prestige | Cold Weather | Driver Assist | Rear Sunshades | 19" Sport
    EPL S2
    '95 90 Quattro Sport MT5 | Pearl | Black || 20vT AAN swap

Previous Cars:
    '12 S4 | '13 Q5 2.0T | '11 A4 2.0TQ | '07 A4 2.0TQ | '06 S4 25quattro | '05 A4 1.8TQ MT6

Veteran Member Four Rings kneel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Think I'm gonna pull trigger on a tune. Cant decide if jumping right to stg2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    C6A6 3.0t Avant
    @avantneil
    @avantoberfest

@skiguardusa www.skigaurd.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast