Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    No Czar here but thanks for the support! There are a lot of people with more experience here, I just bring an engineering perspective. I was researching as best I could for my situation - called and emailed all the vendors and came up with a goose egg. So I decided to figure out the ROW kit and apply that knowledge, but still ended up off by quite a bit on the front bump stops. I've had to put in too much time thinking about this.

Based on my experience and what I've read here, my recommendations for those who only want a moderate drop would be:

If money is no object and you are ok with maintenance, choose the B16/PSS10 ala SQive. I've heard no bad feedback on this kit for this car.

If you want a moderate drop to clean it up, just go with the well engineered ROW kit. You will be fine.

If you need to go lower but not too low, do the H&R 29001-3/B8, but find some audi sport bump stops approx 51-56mm front and approx 80mm rear and give them to your installer.

Although the KW SC is super appealing, the too low rear combined with further degradation over time has to take them out of the recommended list. Hopefully they will fix it soon with a different rear spring.

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet View Post
    Based on my experience and what I've read here, my recommendations for those who only want a moderate drop would be:

If money is no object and you are ok with maintenance, choose the B16/PSS10 ala SQive. I've heard no bad feedback on this kit for this car.
    I've got about 40K on them and no noises, sag, or other complaints. I'm not sure what you mean by maintenance, but I haven't done anything to them and they're as good as the day they were installed.

Let me put it another way. . .I would be disappointed if there were any issues with these $2K coil-overs. About two weeks after they were installed we adjusted the height (easy), damper settings (super easy), and did an alignment and I haven't touched them since.

Yet another way. . .I've pissed away more than $2K on much more useless crap.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

You're DFW so more speaking to those in more severe climates! My car has been so disgusting with sand/salt in the winter - from NYC up to northern NY - I'll post a pic sometime to show you what we deal with. People recommend treating the grooves and knobs various ways to keep them safe, that's the maintenance I'm talking about. But to be honest, if you get them set up right, maybe it doesn't matter if they freeze up, right?

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Honestly, I've never given it a thought. These B16's and the GT's coil-overs are the first adjustable suspensions I've had. Probably a good idea wherever you are. Thanks for giving me something else to be anal about.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Honestly, I've never given it a thought. These B16's and the GT's coil-overs are the first adjustable suspensions I've had. Probably a good idea wherever you are. Thanks for giving me something else to be anal about.
    (New Yorker here) really not a big deal as long as they are stainless. When adjusting height just blow out the sand/debris with an air hose or wipe the threads with a rag. If you ever feel it wont turn just add some grease. A lot of the time when people complain they wont turn, they more than likely are trying to adjust it with the springs loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12