Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Registered Member One Ring c13thx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    https://tecomotive.com/store/en/bund...-3-adapter-kit

For anyone across the water like myself (UK)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone getting this code after installing the mercedes CWA 100 pump? Softcodes sets after installing the CWA 100 pump. Not sure if anyone else is getting this with the pump.

Monday,17,June,2019,22:13:16:21272
    VCDS Version: Release 19.6.0 (x64) Running on Windows 8 x64
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06E-907-551-CGW.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 4G0 906 014 D HW: 4H0 906 014
    Component and/or Version: 4.0l V8TFSI / H63 0001
    Software Coding: 0A2500326546010E3000
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000
    ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM40TFS0114G0906014D 001001 (AU57)
    ROD: EV_ECM40TFS0114G0906014D.rod
    VCID: 2345981E2A86E057A8-8076
    1 Fault Found:

12352 - Coolant Pump for Intercooler
    P023A 00 [039] - Open Circuit
    Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Mileage: 80468 km
    Date: 2019.06.17
    Time: 22:05:46

Engine speed: 649.00 /min
    Normed load value: 5.9 %
    Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
    Coolant temperature: 95 įC
    Intake air temperature: 64 įC
    Ambient air pressure: 970 mbar
    Voltage terminal 30: 13.640 V
    Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
    Engine status: COENG_RUNNING
    Engine status-Test_Program_Co Eng st COMPU VERB UBYTE: 3

Readiness: 1110 1100

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Did you do the 100% mod? That causes the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tabio42 View Post
    Did you do the 100% mod? That causes the code.

Hmm, I just got a harness from bhamcarnut I assumed it was controlled like stock system meaning it was variable. Maybe his patch cable does not have the signal wire hooked up to force the 100% duty cycle. I will send him an email and verify. Any issue running at 100% beside the soft code? I assume the AMG and BMW cars run these pumps at 100%.

AZ Member #

No issue. The pump will still run for 5+ years. All pumps degrade slightly with use but these pumps are durable.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse3GT View Post
    Hmm, I just got a harness from bhamcarnut I assumed it was controlled like stock system meaning it was variable. Maybe his patch cable does not have the signal wire hooked up to force the 100% duty cycle. I will send him an email and verify. Any issue running at 100% beside the soft code? I assume the AMG and BMW cars run these pumps at 100%.
    AMGs do not run their pumps continuously. They run an almost identically flawed system right down to married engine coolant lines, undersized intercooler, and an ECU that only turns the pump on after the IATs are already getting too hot.

Veteran Member Four Rings The Infiltrator's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Lots of part numbers and info, but very little on temps and logs.

Can people with this pump post their logs since it's now warmer outside and this would be a good time to see if this pump does very much please?!

I will get the Mercracing HX and looking at pump options. SRM has one but I don't need that power on a stock tune or stage 2 when I go that route.
    2018 Audi S6 Prestige | Black Optic | S Sport | Driver Assist | Carbon Atlas
    Mike's 300c DP's | AWE Touring w/Black Tips | AWE S-FLO II Intake | Power Stop Z16 Ceramic Pads | ECSTuning Trans & Diff Mounts | Vertini RF1.1 20x9 +25 Brushed Titanium 22lbs w/Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 265/35/20 | -15mm w/VCDS | 20% Tint

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by The Infiltrator View Post
    Lots of part numbers and info, but very little on temps and logs.

Can people with this pump post their logs since it's now warmer outside and this would be a good time to see if this pump does very much please?!

I will get the Mercracing HX and looking at pump options. SRM has one but I don't need that power on a stock tune or stage 2 when I go that route.
    If you live anywhere with ambient temps greater than 70F you do.

The stock system is atrocious, and can not maintain consistent IATís. It heat soaks very quickly, and pulls significant amounts of timing.

It is an extraordinarily reactive system. By the time it is running at full capacity it is too late.

Veteran Member Four Rings The Infiltrator's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kaploww View Post
    If you live anywhere with ambient temps greater than 70F you do.

The stock system is atrocious, and can not maintain consistent IATís. It heat soaks very quickly, and pulls significant amounts of timing.

It is an extraordinarily reactive system. By the time it is running at full capacity it is too late.
    Do you have any IAT data logs on stock vs the CWA100? No one seems to have it...
    2018 Audi S6 Prestige | Black Optic | S Sport | Driver Assist | Carbon Atlas
    Mike's 300c DP's | AWE Touring w/Black Tips | AWE S-FLO II Intake | Power Stop Z16 Ceramic Pads | ECSTuning Trans & Diff Mounts | Vertini RF1.1 20x9 +25 Brushed Titanium 22lbs w/Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 265/35/20 | -15mm w/VCDS | 20% Tint

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think the issue is most dont have a permant IAT gauge they can read off/log. Altough there is a general line in the IAT raising/lowering, it is also influenced by several other parameters (day ambiant temp, pulls but mostly traffic jams or even a stop in between). Especially if you made a stop and had the car rest a bit, heat soak enters the coolant system/hardware and the stock system is having a hard time cooling back down the IAT's. But i blame this big time on the stock pump not running at 100%.

Anyway, still havent had time to install my pump (but now the ambiant temps are raising, i see it is needed). Luckly i have a constant mmi display gauges where i can keep an eye on several parameters inclusing IAT after the charge cooler. I will try to install it asap (just hope my harnass it okey and i dont run into install issues but normally got everything covered).
    Also have an ampere gauge i will be running on the harnass so i have a backup to check if pump is working (drain power) because with the signal wire "cut" there is no safety feature left to warn me. Planning to install a relay switch on the signal wire that gets input from button on steeringwheel to be able to run it in stock behavior or 100% mode.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have done some initial testing.

Both tests performed at 58F ambient.

Same tune.

2013 S6, 22psi, SRM800 Turbos.

Stock vs. MERC racing HX, and CWA100.

CWA50 (Stock Pump)/HX = Max IATís 140F at the end of 1/4 mile pull. 190ish at the end of a 1/2 mile pull.
    CWA100/MERC racing HX = Max IAT of 114F at the end of a 1/4 mile pull. No data for 1/2 mile. (I didnít continue to pull)

Keep in mind these are larger turbos. IATís for stock turbo vehicles will be higher at similar boost pressures due to the increased drive pressure/turbine speed/compressor speed required to produce similar boost pressures resulting in the smaller stock compressors being off their peak efficiency islands in the compressor maps.

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think pulls are one thing, but i think the most gain will (hopefully) be in recovering after a pull. The moment you go slow throttle the coolant pump goes into "limp" mode and only running at 10% and hardly use the stock or upgraded cooler.

Veteran Member Three Rings s4nicetry's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chiromikey View Post
    AMGs do not run their pumps continuously. They run an almost identically flawed system right down to married engine coolant lines, undersized intercooler, and an ECU that only turns the pump on after the IATs are already getting too hot.
    I don't doubt it with their turbo and SC cars but don't some of the NA AMG's use this pump as well? I've heard the SLS AMG uses it as a main system pump. If this is true you would think the pump would be running at a higher load pretty much constantly.

AZ Member #

I have done some initial testing.

Both tests performed at 58F ambient.

Same tune.

2013 S6, 22psi, SRM800 Turbos.

Stock vs. MERC racing HX, and CWA100.

CWA50 (Stock Pump)/HX = Max IATís 140F at the end of 1/4 mile pull. 190ish at the end of a 1/2 mile pull.
    CWA100/MERC racing HX = Max IAT of 114F at the end of a 1/4 mile pull. No data for 1/2 mile. (I didnít continue to pull)

Keep in mind these are larger turbos. IATís for stock turbo vehicles will be higher at similar boost pressures due to the increased drive pressure/turbine speed/compressor speed required to produce similar boost pressures resulting in the smaller stock compressors being off their peak efficiency islands in the compressor maps.
    Some great results, did you divorce the charge system and are you using the stock pwm control or did you snip the signal to the pump?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Stock PWM.

Both tests were also started at an initial IAT of 98 degrees.

Non-divorces setup

AZ Member #

Stock PWM.

Both tests were also started at an initial IAT of 98 degrees.

Non-divorces setup
    Big improvement, I wonder how much more could be gained (if any) from divorcing the system.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by s4nicetry View Post
    Big improvement, I wonder how much more could be gained (if any) from divorcing the system.
    The true gains from divorcing the systems are from the added capacity of the reservoir used. Thereís very little if any mixing taking place and the joined system is for the ease of filling and bleeding. So if anyone is going through the trouble of a divorced system, fit a proper reservoir to see measurable gains, not just a filler tube that doesnít add any significant coolant capacity.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Chiromikey View Post
    The true gains from divorcing the systems are from the added capacity of the reservoir used. Thereís very little if any mixing taking place and the joined system is for the ease of filling and bleeding. So if anyone is going through the trouble of a divorced system, fit a proper reservoir to see measurable gains, not just a filler tube that doesnít add any significant coolant capacity.
    My understanding is that divorcing the system will reduce the coolant pressure on the turbocharger coolant loop which will allow our "intercooler" (one in the engine bay) to last longer as it is prone to failing under the sustained high pressure created by the system over time.. Totally agreed that additional coolant is a major help and a big factor when trying to upgrade the cooling system.

Ialready have the additional reservoir from the AMS cooling system and I plan to get the reservoir from SRM to add even more coolant capacity. I like that both the AMS and SRM reservoirs are in the engine bay so that a long run of lines and a box full of coolant in the trunk is not required like in other platforms. This along with upgrading the stock coolant pump should help alot.. I'm going to runs logs and test how high my IAT's rise once I clear up a few things..
    Current Line-Up:
    2015 Audi S6 - RS7 Turbos, "Mike's" Catted Downpipes, SRM Intake, APR ECU & TCU, AMS Cooling System, H&R Module, Eurocode sways and Alu Kreuz, 20 x 9 et38 & 21lbs each, 15% Ceramic Tint all windows except windshield, Xpel Ultimate - Entire Car
    2012 VW Golf R - APR in-house build Stage 4
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster - Big Turbo
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed - Just Bolt-Ons
    2008 Kawaski ZX-10R - Kawi Green

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 15 Phantom S6 View Post
    My understanding is that divorcing the system will reduce the coolant pressure on the turbocharger coolant loop which will allow our "intercooler" (one in the engine bay) to last longer as it is prone to failing under the sustained high pressure created by the system over time.. Totally agreed that additional coolant is a major help and a big factor when trying to upgrade the cooling system.

Ialready have the additional reservoir from the AMS cooling system and I plan to get the reservoir from SRM to add even more coolant capacity. I like that both the AMS and SRM reservoirs are in the engine bay so that a long run of lines and a box full of coolant in the trunk is not required like in other platforms. This along with upgrading the stock coolant pump should help alot.. I'm going to runs logs and test how high my IAT's rise once I clear up a few things..

In addition to adding longevity to the pump, lowering the pressure in the system will allow your pump to flow more liquid.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789