Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi S4 2018 Paint Issue

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone having issues with the paint on 2018 Audis? I feel like its very soft VS prior to the re-design like 2013-2016 model years. Only put 900 miles on the car and already tiny rocks already punctured thru the pain on the side doors of the right side. Never had this occur with my prior Audi S5 2013 and my other brand vehicles which are older.

Senior Member Two Rings dave329's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi S4 2018 Paint Issue

Quote Originally Posted by audis5101 View Post
    Anyone having issues with the paint on 2018 Audis? I feel like its very soft VS prior to the re-design like 2013-2016 model years. Only put 900 miles on the car and already tiny rocks already punctured thru the pain on the side doors of the right side. Never had this occur with my prior Audi S5 2013 and my other brand vehicles which are older.
    Funny you mentioned this because I discovered a small paint chip on my car the other day and wondered the same thing. I only have 1000 miles on my 18 SQ5. Owned multiple Audis and this is a first for me. How would one address this without the whole wear and tear bs because I feel like this will be a headache going to Audi to explain this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 S6, Prestige, Mythos Black w/ black int, Sport Package, Black optics
    2014 A6 - SOLD
    2012 S4 - SOLD

Senior Member Three Rings nicotino15's Avatar
    AZ Member #

this is why I wrapped my full front-end in clear film, and my next car will be fully wrapped. It's expensive, but no new car will have paint that will resist rock chips, they are going thinner and thinner and it won't change. Even if they didn't go thinner no paint will withstand the harsh environments people drive in.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah Xpel / 3M next time all around. I have an official email from Audi about them closing one of their painting places for Audi A4/S4 production line due to upgrades needed. I may bring that up to them when I call them. Who knows? Is the upgrade to fix issues (aka bad painting)

Senior Member Three Rings nicotino15's Avatar
    AZ Member #

could be, but nothing will ever match the factory paint process. I mean they have a complete sterile environment with flawless panels and no constraints. Aftermarket paint correction is always sub-par even by an authorized Audi body shop.

Active Member Two Rings mr.memeyogirl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This car definitely does have some thin paint. My front bumper got a pretty nasty rock chip under the passenger side head light when the car had like less that 800 miles on it, it chipped all the way down to the base layer showing the black of the bumper. Plus over the months I have small chips, usually in the clear coat, and a few in the paint as well all around the front bumper and hood as well. wasnt expecting this from a $60k car lol. Had no problems with paint chips when i had my civic or my Q50. I had to get some touch up paint for that one chip cause it just stood out on a white car.
    2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus- Glacier White/Magma Red
    Instagram: asaptowelie (personal) corsadesignofficial (business) - Follow Me