Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 124
  1. #81
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    Maybe I'm the boring one ? 4 of my last 5 cars have been blue! The "1" was Monsoon Grey, but only because there was no blue option at the time...
    My most recent Audi cars.... Avus silver, Ibis white, Florett silver, Glacier white, Florett silver, and (2) more Florett cars on order... I'm the worst kind of vanilla.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  2. #82
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by antoff83 View Post
    Congrats James! I think they refreshing their Audi Exclusive shop thats why delay..What were you thinking to get as Exclusive though? Who do you work with at AoD?
    As mentioned above, Sepang Blue or Racing Blue Mica. I've worked with a couple of different folks at Audi Denver, but mostly with Bill Coleman.

    Quote Originally Posted by antoff83 View Post
    same thing here with blues...:) congrats again! whats ETA?
    ETA is currently Feb/Mar time, but should get a more accurate date in a few weeks.
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  3. #83
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    My most recent Audi cars.... Avus silver, Ibis white, Florett silver, Glacier white, Florett silver, and (2) more Florett cars on order... I'm the worst kind of vanilla.
    Well, we clearly know what colors we like. When I got the Monsoon Grey S4, I almost got it in white and I kinda wish I had as I really didn't care for that grey.
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  4. #84
    Veteran Member Four Rings antoff83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    38102
    My Garage
    2017 Audi S7
    Location
    DEN USA

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    As mentioned above, Sepang Blue or Racing Blue Mica. I've worked with a couple of different folks at Audi Denver, but mostly with Bill Coleman.



    ETA is currently Feb/Mar time, but should get a more accurate date in a few weeks.
    you got any discount or MSRP?
    18' BMW X5M | Long Beach Blue | Silverstone full Merino
    17' AUDI S7 | Sepang blue | Arras red
    16' MB GLE450 coupe | Diamond white | Black nappa - sold
    14' AUDI RS5 Coupe| Sepang blue | Black nappa - gone but not forgotten
    04' BMW M3 Convert |Carbon black - sold

  5. #85
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by antoff83 View Post
    you got any discount or MSRP?
    MSRP but at least I got Audi Care thrown in.
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  6. #86
    Senior Member Three Rings Batman0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2015
    AZ Member #
    365686
    My Garage
    2018 VW Tiguan SEL Prem
    Location
    Hopewell, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    MSRP but at least I got Audi Care thrown in.
    That is something. Around here, getting discounts on RS models is hard, not impossible, but hard. There is a decent market here and people are willing to pay MSRP - makes it harder to get discounts.
    2018 Audi RS5
    2017 GTI - retired
    2015 Audi S4 - retired
    2013 RRS - retired
    2012 E92 M3 - retired

  7. #87
    Active Member One Ring ChrisRS5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14 2018
    AZ Member #
    426833
    Location
    Edmonton, AB

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    MSRP but at least I got Audi Care thrown in.
    Same here

  8. #88
    Veteran Member Four Rings antoff83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    38102
    My Garage
    2017 Audi S7
    Location
    DEN USA

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    MSRP but at least I got Audi Care thrown in.
    its better than nothing though.. If I decide to go with RS5 SB will try to shoot for some % off MSRP and we will see. I remember 5 yrs ago I got 3% off the RS5 back then..
    18' BMW X5M | Long Beach Blue | Silverstone full Merino
    17' AUDI S7 | Sepang blue | Arras red
    16' MB GLE450 coupe | Diamond white | Black nappa - sold
    14' AUDI RS5 Coupe| Sepang blue | Black nappa - gone but not forgotten
    04' BMW M3 Convert |Carbon black - sold

  9. #89
    Veteran Member Four Rings ThunderDent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2012
    AZ Member #
    89949
    My Garage
    2010 Ibis R8 Coupe 6MT V10 // 2015 Sepang (Stage I) SQ5 // 2018 Galaxy Q7 (Wifey’s)
    Location
    Ona, WV

    Looking through the order guide that was posted.

    Already built it out. Damnit.
    Can anyone comment on the extra “dynamic steering” pkg. What does it do differently than without it?

    I don’t really need anything in the Dynamic plus pkg, with the exception of the Carbon engine cover. And for the price, I’d just order it separate. I’d rather have the brake calipers in Red. And if you get the ceramics, only the fronts are gray? That’s odd.
    Let me know if I’m wrong there.

    Anyone know if the headliner is available in Alcantara? It only lists it as “Black”.

    Here’s what I’m looking at. I think my dealer has a Nardo one on order, so I may check it out to see first.
    My SQ is getting up in miles, so I need a new DD.

    The wheels available are not attractive IMO.
    ———

    RS5 Sportback (Model code: FSARXA)

    Exterior:
    Milano Red Pearl Effect (N9N9)
    -or-
    Nardo Gray (T3T3)

    Interior:
    Black/Crescendo Red Honeycomb stitch (QB)

    Packages:
    • Fine Nappa Leather/LED interior (WTP)
    • Dynamic Pkg. (956)
    (Incl. Red Calipers, RS Sport Susp., RS Sport Exhaust w/Black tips)
    • Black Optic Carbon pkg. (PPK)
    • B&O pkg. (9VS)
    • Dynamic Steering (1N8)
    • Black Rings & Badges (4ZP)
    • Rear Side Airbags (4X4)
    • Front plate Delete (6W9)

    Order: RS Carbon Engine cover separate
    (Found in Dynamic plus pkg. )
    OEM part number: ?

    WHEELS:
    Vorsteiner VFF-107 20x10, gloss black with red center caps
    (I’m looking at you Mops)
    2015 Audi []SQ5
    Sepang Blue--Black/Lunar Silver[Premium +][Black Optic][Daily/Sleeper]

    2010 Audi R8 V10
    Ibis White--Black[6MT][Carbon Fiber/Extended leather][Black Optic][Stormtrooper]

    2018 Audi Q7
    Galaxy Blue--Black[Prestige] Wife’s Ride

  10. #90
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
    WHEELS:
    Vorsteiner VFF-107 20x10, gloss black with red center caps
    (I’m looking at you Mops)
    I got you, Joel. 👊🏼
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  11. #91
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    I ordered a launch car which was specked exactly as I wanted. It is already in port in the US. Now i'm just waiting for the official audi launch so my dealer can accept and release the car to me.

  12. #92
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    You ordered a RS5 Sportback? or a S5?

  13. #93
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
    You ordered a RS5 Sportback? or a S5?
    RS5 SB

  14. #94
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoshi View Post
    RS5 SB
    When did you order your vehicle? and when did the dealer put the initial order in before you customized it?

  15. #95
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
    When did you order your vehicle? and when did the dealer put the initial order in before you customized it?
    It is a launch car

  16. #96
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
    Anyone know if the headliner is available in Alcantara? It only lists it as “Black”.
    I believe it's black cloth, rather than Alcantara.
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  17. #97
    Veteran Member Four Rings ThunderDent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2012
    AZ Member #
    89949
    My Garage
    2010 Ibis R8 Coupe 6MT V10 // 2015 Sepang (Stage I) SQ5 // 2018 Galaxy Q7 (Wifey’s)
    Location
    Ona, WV

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    I believe it's black cloth, rather than Alcantara.
    Thanks. Was just looking through the interior on the Coupe and noted the alcantara all over and wondered if it extended to the roof.
    Any idea if this alcantara option carries over to the SB? That’s the crescendo/honeycomb interior in the pic, so not sure if I get the alcantara wheel and door cards, knee pads, shifter, etc. with that pkg.



    Here’s a pic of the wheels available off of that PDF.
    Not super interested in them, so aftermarket for sure.

    2015 Audi []SQ5
    Sepang Blue--Black/Lunar Silver[Premium +][Black Optic][Daily/Sleeper]

    2010 Audi R8 V10
    Ibis White--Black[6MT][Carbon Fiber/Extended leather][Black Optic][Stormtrooper]

    2018 Audi Q7
    Galaxy Blue--Black[Prestige] Wife’s Ride

  18. #98
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoshi View Post
    It is a launch car
    I ordered a launch car as well and it hasn't even started production yet. So I was interested in your dates to get an idea.

  19. #99
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
    I ordered a launch car as well and it hasn't even started production yet. So I was interested in your dates to get an idea.
    LAUNCH

    Order Created 4/30/18
    Frozen to Changes 6/14/18
    Production Completed 9/13/18
    Ship Departure 10/26/18
    Domestic Port Arrived 11/9/18

  20. #100
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoshi View Post
    LAUNCH

    Order Created 4/30/18
    Frozen to Changes 6/14/18
    Production Completed 9/13/18
    Ship Departure 10/26/18
    Domestic Port Arrived 11/9/18
    THANK YOU

    My order was not created until 9/21/18
    I was told by my dealer that it was one of their launch vehicles that they let me customize. Apparently other dealers ordered their "LAUNCH" cars sooner.

    Happy for you though. Make sure you record some videos and take a bunch of pics when you take delivery. Not too many of either on the internet currently.

  21. #101
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
    THANK YOU

    My order was not created until 9/21/18
    I was told by my dealer that it was one of their launch vehicles that they let me customize. Apparently other dealers ordered their "LAUNCH" cars sooner.

    Happy for you though. Make sure you record some videos and take a bunch of pics when you take delivery. Not too many of either on the internet currently.
    I was super lucky with this car. I told my dealer what specs i wanted, they were like this is gonna have to be factory order.

    They looked into it some more and realized there was a dealer they had good relationships that was getting a launch car with the exact same specs (minus black emblems). Made some calls and got it done.

    So once Audi decides to release, it’ll be in my possession shortly there after.

    I’ll definitely post videos and pictures.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by tjoshi; 11-09-2018 at 12:13 PM.

  22. #102
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
    Thanks. Was just looking through the interior on the Coupe and noted the alcantara all over and wondered if it extended to the roof.
    Any idea if this alcantara option carries over to the SB? That’s the crescendo/honeycomb interior in the pic, so not sure if I get the alcantara wheel and door cards, knee pads, shifter, etc. with that pkg.



    Here’s a pic of the wheels available off of that PDF.
    Not super interested in them, so aftermarket for sure.

    I believe it's all country dependent. In the US, the steering wheel is not alcantara. The european models are. the door panels should still have alcantara in the US
    Last edited by tjoshi; 11-09-2018 at 01:40 PM.

  23. #103
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoshi View Post
    I believe it's all country dependent. In the US, the steering wheel etc is alcantara. The european models are. the door panels should still have alcantara in the US
    In the US, the Alcantara seats/door panels are standard, and you pay extra for the full leather upgrade. As far as I know, the Alcantara is limited to these 2 areas, and does not extend to the headliner. Also, In the US I think the steering wheel is perforated leather, not Alcantara.

    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  24. #104
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    In the US, the Alcantara seats/door panels are standard, and you pay extra for the full leather upgrade. As far as I know, the Alcantara is limited to these 2 areas, and does not extend to the headliner. Also, In the US I think the steering wheel is perforated leather, not Alcantara.

    Yes correct, I meant is not alcantara in the US

  25. #105
    Veteran Member Four Rings ThunderDent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2012
    AZ Member #
    89949
    My Garage
    2010 Ibis R8 Coupe 6MT V10 // 2015 Sepang (Stage I) SQ5 // 2018 Galaxy Q7 (Wifey’s)
    Location
    Ona, WV

    Hmmm, wonder if packages will change by model year? I’d love to have it with the alcantara touches and the honeycomb seats.
    Not too concerned on steering wheel I guess. But def want the stitching.
    2015 Audi []SQ5
    Sepang Blue--Black/Lunar Silver[Premium +][Black Optic][Daily/Sleeper]

    2010 Audi R8 V10
    Ibis White--Black[6MT][Carbon Fiber/Extended leather][Black Optic][Stormtrooper]

    2018 Audi Q7
    Galaxy Blue--Black[Prestige] Wife’s Ride

  26. #106
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    373670
    My Garage
    '15 A4 Ibis White, '18 Q7 Glacier White
    Location
    Orlando

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoshi View Post
    I was super lucky with this car. I told my dealer what specs i wanted, they were like this is gonna have to be factory order.

    They looked into it some more and realized there was a dealer they had good relationships that was getting a launch car with the exact same specs (minus black emblems). Made some calls and got it done.

    So once Audi decides to release, it’ll be in my possession shortly there after.

    I’ll definitely post videos and pictures.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Mine has hit the port as well. The latest from the dealer is that they aren't expecting the car to get released to them until sometime in December. Kind of sucks that it will be sitting at the port for a month.

  27. #107
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 03 2018
    AZ Member #
    430341
    Location
    San Clemente, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by doubledown13 View Post
    Mine has hit the port as well. The latest from the dealer is that they aren't expecting the car to get released to them until sometime in December. Kind of sucks that it will be sitting at the port for a month.
    If I were you, I’d be pi$$ed but for those of us with a JAN delivery, a part of my is happy there won’t be more than a month with these cars roaming the streets :). The wait is killing me!

  28. #108
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    416923
    Location
    Raleigh, NC.

    Just a FYI: I got an email from AoA today saying they are now accepting / processing exclusive paint orders for the 2019 RS5 Sportbacks. The exclusive paint shop is still be renovated and won't be online until late January / early February so deliveries will still be delayed vs non-exclusive paint orders.

  29. #109
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by heymoe View Post
    Just a FYI: I got an email from AoA today saying they are now accepting / processing exclusive paint orders for the 2019 RS5 Sportbacks. The exclusive paint shop is still be renovated and won't be online until late January / early February so deliveries will still be delayed vs non-exclusive paint orders.
    Very interesting - I placed my order 2 weeks ago and really wanted a custom color. I've fired off an email to my sales guy so hopefully he can get more info on this...
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  30. #110
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by heymoe View Post
    Just a FYI: I got an email from AoA today saying they are now accepting / processing exclusive paint orders for the 2019 RS5 Sportbacks. The exclusive paint shop is still be renovated and won't be online until late January / early February so deliveries will still be delayed vs non-exclusive paint orders.
    I got a similar email today

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    Very interesting - I placed my order 2 weeks ago and really wanted a custom color. I've fired off an email to my sales guy so hopefully he can get more info on this...
    I think this just became available. You should be able to revise your order but it may be delayed. What color were you thinking?

  31. #111
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    416923
    Location
    Raleigh, NC.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    Very interesting - I placed my order 2 weeks ago and really wanted a custom color. I've fired off an email to my sales guy so hopefully he can get more info on this...
    My sales guy put in my exclusive order sometime last month when they got another allocation. It was basically sitting in a hold queue at AoA until they started to process them. The guy at AoA said my comm # was one of the first they submitted to Germany last week (yay!) so they can get the schedule ready for when the exclusive paint shop is up and running again.

  32. #112
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
    I think this just became available. You should be able to revise your order but it may be delayed. What color were you thinking?
    My sales guy had told me originally that Audi Exclusive orders weren't going to be processed until July 2019 but I didn't want to wait that long. For a customer color, I would pick either Sepang Blue (like my current car) or Racing Blue Mica.
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  33. #113
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    My sales guy had told me originally that Audi Exclusive orders weren't going to be processed until July 2019 but I didn't want to wait that long. For a customer color, I would pick either Sepang Blue (like my current car) or Racing Blue Mica.
    Your sales guy lied to you and this was probably to try and get a sale sooner rather then later. If he would have reach out to the Exclusive color program he would of gotten the correct info. I was told that Audi Exclusive colors would be available sometime around January. This was directly from a AoA Audi Exclusive Program rep. This has been consistent since around September when I went to place an order for a 2019 S5 SB and could not order Nardo. I've since ordered an RS5 SB with nardo gray as it's a standard color for that model and was not delayed.

  34. #114
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    416923
    Location
    Raleigh, NC.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    My sales guy had told me originally that Audi Exclusive orders weren't going to be processed until July 2019 but I didn't want to wait that long. For a customer color, I would pick either Sepang Blue (like my current car) or Racing Blue Mica.
    I wonder if your sales guy met they won't get delivered until July 2019 and not won't accept orders until then. For me, I've been waiting to get a new car for about 4 years now so a few more months won't kill me. My dealer did order one with their Sept allocation with my spec except in the standard color I would have picked if I went with a standard color that should get here Dec / Jan so I could always fall back for that one if I want one sooner but that's unlikely.

  35. #115
    Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    14178
    Location
    Denver, CO. USA

    Quote Originally Posted by heymoe View Post
    I wonder if your sales guy met they won't get delivered until July 2019 and not won't accept orders until then.
    I believe you are correct... He did not say orders wouldn't be accepted, I think he said they wouldn't be processed or produce until then. i.e. I would have had to wait several more months.

    Anyway, it doesn't really matter as I have no reason to doubt that the info he had at the time was probably close to an estimated delivery time. He has no reason to lie to me and I was under no pressure to order the car. I have bought 3-4 cars from him previously and after I emailed him today he said he called Audi AG to get the info straight from the source. He told me I could still change my order but a custom color would likely add a month or more to the delivery date. At this point, I am really torn. If I go for a custom color, I would likely completely change my order. Currently, I ordered Navarra Blue & the Black Optics package. If I went with a lighter blue like Sepang or Racing Blue, I would probably drop the Black Optics and go for the Alu optic package instead...

    Descisions, decisions!
    Future - 2019 RS5 SB - Navarra Blue, Black Optic, Dynamic package, Driver assistance, B&O, 5-arm-peak wheels.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

  36. #116
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430259
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Take delivery earlier and then you can always just wrap the car

  37. #117
    Veteran Member Four Rings antoff83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    38102
    My Garage
    2017 Audi S7
    Location
    DEN USA

    Quote Originally Posted by heymoe View Post
    Just a FYI: I got an email from AoA today saying they are now accepting / processing exclusive paint orders for the 2019 RS5 Sportbacks. The exclusive paint shop is still be renovated and won't be online until late January / early February so deliveries will still be delayed vs non-exclusive paint orders.
    Yeah I got email too. Greg right? he shared the same info with me too
    18' BMW X5M | Long Beach Blue | Silverstone full Merino
    17' AUDI S7 | Sepang blue | Arras red
    16' MB GLE450 coupe | Diamond white | Black nappa - sold
    14' AUDI RS5 Coupe| Sepang blue | Black nappa - gone but not forgotten
    04' BMW M3 Convert |Carbon black - sold

  38. #118
    Veteran Member Four Rings antoff83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 30 2009
    AZ Member #
    38102
    My Garage
    2017 Audi S7
    Location
    DEN USA

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoshi View Post
    Take delivery earlier and then you can always just wrap the car

    paint>wrap


    ..but thats just me
    18' BMW X5M | Long Beach Blue | Silverstone full Merino
    17' AUDI S7 | Sepang blue | Arras red
    16' MB GLE450 coupe | Diamond white | Black nappa - sold
    14' AUDI RS5 Coupe| Sepang blue | Black nappa - gone but not forgotten
    04' BMW M3 Convert |Carbon black - sold

  39. #119
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    427211
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by jpenneck View Post
    I believe you are correct... He did not say orders wouldn't be accepted, I think he said they wouldn't be processed or produce until then. i.e. I would have had to wait several more months.

    Anyway, it doesn't really matter as I have no reason to doubt that the info he had at the time was probably close to an estimated delivery time. He has no reason to lie to me and I was under no pressure to order the car. I have bought 3-4 cars from him previously and after I emailed him today he said he called Audi AG to get the info straight from the source. He told me I could still change my order but a custom color would likely add a month or more to the delivery date. At this point, I am really torn. If I go for a custom color, I would likely completely change my order. Currently, I ordered Navarra Blue & the Black Optics package. If I went with a lighter blue like Sepang or Racing Blue, I would probably drop the Black Optics and go for the Alu optic package instead...

    Descisions, decisions!
    You could not order an Audi Exclusive color a few months back so it wasn't just a matter of ordering and being delayed. The exclusive colors did not show up in their system when ordering the car. That has now changed and the shop still isn't open but they are taking orders now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by antoff83 View Post
    Yeah I got email too. Greg right? he shared the same info with me too
    Yep Greg was who I got an email from. He's good at getting back to people apparently.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by antoff83 View Post
    paint>wrap


    ..but thats just me
    Agreed!

  40. #120
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    416923
    Location
    Raleigh, NC.

    Quote Originally Posted by antoff83 View Post
    Yeah I got email too. Greg right? he shared the same info with me too

    Quote Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
    Yep Greg was who I got an email from. He's good at getting back to people apparently.
    Indeed.. I sent an email to the general Audi Exclusive email address back in September asking if the color I was looking to get would be available. I wasn't expecting a response for at least a day but Greg responded confirming the color I wanted would be available and gave me the low down of the paint shop, etc.. about 10 mins after I sent my email. He did say he would notify me when any good news arise which I was skeptical about but he proved me wrong yesterday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.