Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Ewok_Fetus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Time-frame?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all, been a few years since I've logged in... Been living in the Mopar world for quite a while and getting sick of the quality. After having a couple of Hellcats, we are needing speed but a much nicer car... So, we are looking at a 2019 RS5 and since we have 2 kids, need the Sportback. Dealership isn't helpful and they just say "They're coming out" but won't give a time frame? Any ideas?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AZ Member #

soon

Active Member Two Rings Ricky Ricer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Q1 2019
    -Rick
    Audi Denver/MAG

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing

Hey Ricky Ricer, you from Lakewood, WA or another Lakewood? I'm down in Rochester... What dealer did you go through to get your car (if bought new.)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Three Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Check out this other thread: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-until-Q1-2019

Sounds like ordering isn't going to open for a couple of months and first customer orders will likely be Q1. I haven't heard anything from my sales guy for about a month and I have no doubt he will call me as soon as he knows something new.
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav

Past:
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

Active Member Two Rings Ricky Ricer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_Fetus View Post
    Hey Ricky Ricer, you from Lakewood, WA or another Lakewood? I'm down in Rochester... What dealer did you go through to get your car (if bought new.)
    Lakewood, CO, I work for Audi Denver
    -Rick
    Audi Denver/MAG

Senior Member Two Rings zoomzoom!'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T (Wife), 2000 GMC Sierra

Literally one thread below this one.
    SOLD: 2013 A6 3.0T

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    nothing

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom! View Post
    Literally one thread below this one.
    It wasn't when I posted this, so there is that...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Couple of trucks

I spoke with a dealership in Dallas today and they said the 2019 ordering for the 2019 S5 is now open with no pricing yet, but the RS 5 Sportback should be available with in a week or two. He said they are expecting the cars to arrive by Nov/ Dec this year. I put a deposit down for the first one they can order. He said pricing should be at or slightly under the coupe (if you can believe that) base price of around $74K for 2019. I can not wait to see the colors.....

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

That bump from the 2018 base of $70k to 2019 $74k seems to be in line since they are including the Navigation Package and a few other things that were options in 2018 in the 2019 base model.

Established Member Two Rings CARGUYROB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by donaudi2019 View Post
    I spoke with a dealership in Dallas today and they said the 2019 ordering for the 2019 S5 is now open with no pricing yet, but the RS 5 Sportback should be available with in a week or two. He said they are expecting the cars to arrive by Nov/ Dec this year. I put a deposit down for the first one they can order. He said pricing should be at or slightly under the coupe (if you can believe that) base price of around $74K for 2019. I can not wait to see the colors.....
    What dealer in Dallas gave you that info? Just curious...
    '15 Audi SQ5 | Panther Black | Black/Magma leather | Tech | B&O | 21" wheels | Carbon | Black Optics | RSQ5 grill | EPL stage 1
    Previous:
    - '15 BMW M3 6-speed
    - '11 Audi S4 6-speed
    - '06 Honda S2000
    - way too many others to list

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Couple of trucks

Audi AutoNation (Dallas Tollway and Plano..) I at first order a 2019 Quantum Grey S5 Sportback (new option color for 2019) I love nardo grey but not willing to pay 3-4K for the color and frankly I like the darker Quantum grey better. however, for 16K more for the RS5 Sportback (approx) You get; better interior, Wider front and back fenders (almost 2 inches), 100 more horse power, Nicer honeycomb grill, Nicer wheels, bigger spoiler in back, more rare car (hold its value better) etc.. So we will see what the options are and go from there. Unforuantly they will not discount the car....which I got a $3,600 discount to order the 2019...not great but there is nothing close I like in this price range. I drove the 2018 Daytona Charger. Very funs and what a deal for the car....But Im to snobbie for a Dodge (being honest) and I like the Kia Stinger's( 52K) looks but again can not get past the KIA badge.....also looked at the Genesis 70's series....nicer but not for (55K) (IF you do not me ranting)....if I got the 2019 S5 sportback..I would waste money on changing the grill, wheels, exhaust, rear spoiler, anti-roll bars, etc..and wish I had the RS 5....So I either get the car I want and spend a little extra, or not get a car at all.