Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    99 Isuzu Rodeo

Continental ControlContact Sport A/S ?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was going to get the Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06 and Discount Tire said that they didn't actually have them in stock. The website said they did and they were ordered for someone else....

They suggested the ControlContact Sport A/S as a "better" alternative and then I come to find out that those tires are discount exclusives. I can't help but feel that I got pushed into an inferior tire.

Does any one here have any experience with the DWS06 and should I look to switch the tires while I can still get my money back?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I Highly recommend the dws06. Itís an awesome all season

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Registered Member One Ring Francqua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    'yota 2012 prerunner, '03 matrix 295k miles!

same push

I got the same story and "push" from Discount Tire..Especially when I wanted to go with a +1 or +2 tire.
    Something smelled fishy. I would have to pay shipping charges to get the tires I wanted transferred in from some distributor??
    No way, I don't think so. Rats! I really wanted the Conti Extreme Contact DWS 06! It rains 8 months of the year here in Oregon!

I walked 300 yards over...Actually used my "new to me" 2005 TT to roll over to Costco. Costco had a deal going on some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+!
    So I placed the order. Tires should be here Thursday! And Costco was almost $100 cheaper if you add in mount, balance, install. No, I don't work for Costco!

Now to find the rebate form for the Michelin's. We'll see how the Michelin's work soon enough. Got'em on my truck (different style obviously) and no complaints.
    Last edited by Francqua; 08-14-2018 at 09:34 PM. Reason: add fluff