Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2016 A3 Sedan or 2013 A3 Hatch?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm in the market for a daily driver.

I really like the A3 hatch but they appear to be rare with low miles and Quattro. Because of this, the ones that I find that have low miles(under 20K miles) tend to be around the $20,000 range and there aren't very many out there at all, especially in the color I want even though I am willing to travel for it.

I narrowed my search to 2 cars:

2013 A3 Quattro hatch in silver with 16k miles for $21,000(from a no-haggle dealership unfortunately). MPG: 21 City/ 28 HWY
    2016 A3 Quattro sedan in silver with 16k miles for $21,000. MPG: 24 City/33 HWY

The sedan appears to be the better deal because it gets better gas mileage, it is 3 years younger and it still has 34,000 miles left on the warranty.
    The hatch has a 30 day warranty but it's the model I really want.

Should I go with the better deal or the one I really want? input appreciated.

Mods please move this thread to the appropriate sub forum if this is not the correct one.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    TT

Having had both, I favor the A3 Sportback (the hatchback) for its beautiful design and for its utility. You won't regret it.
    “Life beats down and crushes the soul, and art reminds you that you have one” ― Stella Adler

CURRENT: Audi TT, A3
    PAST: Porsche 911, Boxster, 968, 912E / BMW 228xi, 128i, Z3, 318ti

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Personally, I love hatchbacks and wagons because of the practicality. For the A3, the hatchback basically doubles the cargo capacity, and if you fold the rear seats down you can fit much larger items. I just wish Audi would bring more hatchbacks/wagons to the US.

Go for the one that you want the most, because it'll be worth it in the end.