Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm leaning to rse102's in 19x9.0 ET40, still not decided, but can't get anything for a few months anyway. I should bet those 9.5" ET42 looks good, thats about ET36 in 9" speak, but Neuspeed limits me to a 40. If I went for a custom I'd keep it to 9.0 but use ET38.

@NardoRS where did you get the Audi Sport cooling ducts, I am looking for an option for a bit more cooling up front and need to get pads. The OEMs aren't quite cutting it on a hard drive.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on ride height, mine are sat about 5mm higher that your now they've settled, hopefully that's nailed it! I do need an alignment, it's not been done on a proper (Hunter) set-up, but I've been putting it off till I get the 034 rear trailing arms and subframe shims on which of course hasn't happened...

There's too many things to do - I might embark on the rear LSD project, but waiting for some feedback from one fitted to a Golf R first. Concerns are whether it fights with the torque vectoring and whether it affects higher speed cornering negatively. it's also going to be about £3k to get one done as a spare swappable unit which could do a hell of a lot of other stuff! But it would be pretty unique and might be a one-off chance.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_T_Boss View Post
    I'm leaning to rse102's in 19x9.0 ET40, still not decided, but can't get anything for a few months anyway. I should bet those 9.5" ET42 looks good, thats about ET36 in 9" speak, but Neuspeed limits me to a 40. If I went for a custom I'd keep it to 9.0 but use ET38.

@NardoRS where did you get the Audi Sport cooling ducts, I am looking for an option for a bit more cooling up front and need to get pads. The OEMs aren't quite cutting it on a hard drive.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on ride height, mine are sat about 5mm higher that your now they've settled, hopefully that's nailed it! I do need an alignment, it's not been done on a proper (Hunter) set-up, but I've been putting it off till I get the 034 rear trailing arms and subframe shims on which of course hasn't happened...

There's too many things to do - I might embark on the rear LSD project, but waiting for some feedback from one fitted to a Golf R first. Concerns are whether it fights with the torque vectoring and whether it affects higher speed cornering negatively. it's also going to be about £3k to get one done as a spare swappable unit which could do a hell of a lot of other stuff! But it would be pretty unique and might be a one-off chance.
    The cooling ducts are actually RS3 versions which have different lower control arms but fit perfect with a bit of trimming, I got mine from AKS tuning for about £25.
    In my opinion the focus for a good track day TT should be brakes, suspension and tyres.
    Iíve not heard about the rear LSD?
    2018 TT RS Nardo grey, MSS Track pack, Vagbremtechnic/AP Racing rotors, AP Racing CP9660 calipers, Pagid RSL29 pads, Audi Sport RS3 brake cooling ducts, Odyssey 925 battery, rear seat delete.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW i3

Quote Originally Posted by nardoRS View Post
    The cooling ducts are actually RS3 versions which have different lower control arms but fit perfect with a bit of trimming, I got mine from AKS tuning for about £25.
    In my opinion the focus for a good track day TT should be brakes, suspension and tyres.
    Iíve not heard about the rear LSD?
    Thatís great! A lot better than paying $900.00 for the TT RSí Audi Performance Parts brake ducts.

Established Member Two Rings TwistRate's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The latest and greatest front and rear wavetrack mods will be attractive once tested and proven. Right now we don't even know how the TC or torque distribution module will react. I've also heard the LSDs might actually hurt handling any place where power doesn't overcome the inside wheel aka high speed track duty. I'm not ready to deal with that kind of drama just yet. Heck with 5k miles on my car I'm not ready to drop the motor and trans just to get a FLSD!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

RS3 brake duct/deflector

Hereís a pic showing the part number. Bit of trimming and they fit well; Iím yet to try them at the track and measure the rotor temperature but they canít hurt. There are ďnaca ď type ducts under the front already and I removed the small rubber splash guards to hopefully get more air to them.
    Attached Images
    2018 TT RS Nardo grey, MSS Track pack, Vagbremtechnic/AP Racing rotors, AP Racing CP9660 calipers, Pagid RSL29 pads, Audi Sport RS3 brake cooling ducts, Odyssey 925 battery, rear seat delete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12