Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    Fuel-it???

Why you use measuring blocks and see how the car responds to the fuel.
    the fuel it converter is fine

its the actual sensors themselves that have fluctuated
    Current Ride- 2018 Audi RS3 Glacier White
    Unitronic- 10.2 @133mph

Past cars 2010 s4-2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3--2011 b8 s4

Senior Member Two Rings MichiganRS3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Escape

Quote Originally Posted by r26372 View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind knowing what % the E85 fuel is, but if the APR tune is good from E60-E85, what exactly would you do if your sensor read E50 or E90? Pull over and drain the tank? Drive super cautious until you found a higher quality fuel?

I think what I will do is simply get a cheap E85 plastic tube kit and see what each local station has to offer from an ethanol content. From what I've searched on other forums around Chicagoland, Shell seems to suck and Thortons seems to be good.

I would almost recommend a thread where users that have ethanol content sensors or have used the cheap manual tube gadgets to test content to post results based on region.

What would happen running the APR E85 tune if you only got E50 or E55 at that pump, or if it was actually E90?

Not bashing anyone that's installed the monitors, I just have some questions on all the stuff mentioned above.

Thanks
    If it showed between 51-60% Iíd keep it out of boost until I dropped the level and could get some better fuel in it.

E90, donít care (but the federal regulations limits ethanol content to between 51-85%) the tune can handle it.
    `18 Mystic Blue Pearl Effect RS3
    Technology / Driver Assistance / Dynamic / RS Design / Black Optics
    Audi CF Spoiler / Audi CF Mirror Caps / Llumar Ceramic Tint 35% /
    APR FMIC / APR Turbo Inlet & Intake / APR Tune - 1+ : 93/e85 depending on the day
    Silly Rabbit Motorsport Throttle Body Inlet
    Fuel-It Ethanol Content Sensor / Elite Motorsports DSG Catch Can
    11.2 @ 127mph / 3.17s - 0-60

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganRS3 View Post
    If it showed between 51-60% Iíd keep it out of boost until I dropped the level and could get some better fuel in it.

E90, donít care (but the federal regulations limits ethanol content to between 51-85%) the tune can handle it.
    just wondering, have you seen logs of e90 to show that the tune can handle it?
    Unitronic- 10.2 @133mph

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Escape

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    just wondering, have you seen logs of e90 to show that the tune can handle it?
    No, of course not.

However they have stated they tuned the e85 tune for e60.

This is a situation no different than running 100 octane race gas in a stock car. No knock = the tune will limit boost & timing to what they have maxed it out at.

Had they tuned it for e90, they could have added boost & timing above where they have it today, at the expense of needing additional fuel.
    APR FMIC / APR Turbo Inlet & Intake / APR Tune - 1+ : 93/e85 depending on the day

AZ Member #

No, of course not.

However they have stated they tuned the e85 tune for e60.

This is a situation no different than running 100 octane race gas in a stock car. No knock = the tune will limit boost & timing to what they have maxed it out at.

Had they tuned it for e90, they could have added boost & timing above where they have it today, at the expense of needing additional fuel.
    I'd agree with all of that but the difference in fueling demands for e60 and e90 are pretty big and I wasn't sure if you had logged to see if the stft were safe
    Unitronic- 10.2 @133mph

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Picked up the fuel-it kit from Eurocode based on feedback here. Had it installed along with my IROZ Intercooler thanks to the fine folks at NGP.

Screenshot_20180824-135100.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2017 Audi RS3
    DGP / Dynamic

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dansnexusone View Post
    Picked up the fuel-it kit from Eurocode based on feedback here. Had it installed along with my IROZ Intercooler thanks to the fine folks at NGP.

Screenshot_20180824-135100.jpg

Would you mind throwing up a few pics of your install?

Established Member Three Rings comingabriel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by achenator View Post
    Would you mind throwing up a few pics of your install?
    X2, would like to see NGP's level of work and if they did anything outside the norm...

Edit: DGP? Rfactor DGP Team? David Gabriel Team? First time I heard of DGP.
    Completely stock, minus Volk wheels, red footwell led lights, mtm exhaust valve controller, Fuel-it, K&N drop in, 360į tint, OE Audi black rings, black/red RS3 rear emblem, FS color with black ops...

AZ Member #

Here's a few shots of the install by NGP. Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see.

MVIMG_20180827_083556.jpeg
    IMG_20180827_083558.jpeg

2017 Audi RS3
    DGP / Dynamic

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So I am trying to install my kit. These guys from fuel-it did not attached any instructions what so ever. The cable/harness provided does not have a fuse holder.

Established Member Two Rings nicholasdaa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Tahoe Z71, 2014 E30 Stage 3 Big Turbo Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    So I am trying to install my kit. These guys from fuel-it did not attached any instructions what so ever. The cable/harness provided does not have a fuse holder.
    I literally just stuck the ground on the body terminal and the positive lead into the Fuel Pump fuse slot and put the fuse down on it, hasn't come off a single time in almost 10k miles. As for instructions, take a peak at the images in this thread, it's as simple as cutting the fuel line, putting in the 2 QD barbs and reconnecting things. You can choose where on the fuel hose to cut and put in the sensor, some places are easier than others but as long as you're cutting the correct hose, there's no wrong way to do it.
    Current -
    • 2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - E85 APR Stage 1+, Unitronic Stage 2 E70, Unitronic Stage 2 TCU, APR Intercooler, APR Turbo Inlet, IMS Catless DP, IMS Catless Midpipes, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Escape

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaa View Post
    I literally just stuck the ground on the body terminal and the positive lead into the Fuel Pump fuse slot and put the fuse down on it, hasn't come off a single time in almost 10k miles. As for instructions, take a peak at the images in this thread, it's as simple as cutting the fuel line, putting in the 2 QD barbs and reconnecting things. You can choose where on the fuel hose to cut and put in the sensor, some places are easier than others but as long as you're cutting the correct hose, there's no wrong way to do it.
    Donít even have to cut fuel lines now. They include a new line, so your stock one is retained. Pop the factory line off the connector on front of engine, remove the 90į connector at the back and stick the new setup in.

I used an Ďadd a fuseí and used the fuel pump fuse location. The location they want us to use is constant 12vdc. Iíd rather not have all that powered up all the time.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Donít even have to cut fuel lines now. They include a new line, so your stock one is retained. Pop the factory line off the connector on front of engine, remove the 90į connector at the back and stick the new setup in.

I used an Ďadd a fuseí and used the fuel pump fuse location. The location they want us to use is constant 12vdc. Iíd rather not have all that powered up all the time.
    On the kit I got back when they first added it, I did not get much extra anything, just the sensor, bluetooth unit+wiring, and the barbs.
    Current -
    • 2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - E85 APR Stage 1+, Unitronic Stage 2 E70, Unitronic Stage 2 TCU, APR Intercooler, APR Turbo Inlet, IMS Catless DP, IMS Catless Midpipes, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

^^ I am stuck on the black fucking plastic plug underneath the intake manifold(above the alternator). I pinched the two plastic tabs but it wouldn't come out. PM me or something please

AZ Member #

The rear 90degree line is easy to remove but I can't get the front one with the two black plastic tabs. I pinched it hard and I pulled back and nothing happens. I tried pulling on the rubber line but no luck. I am stuck! the guys from FUEL-IT don't have any instructions at all, NOTHING!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Be very careful pulling on the front QD fitting, mine stripped and would no longer hold pressure. Had to replace with a permanent double ended fitting. Cutting mine was VERY easy. I've cut fuel lines on all my cars with 0 issues.

This was based on the earlier kit which was thrown together for a different engine. So while the new kit may be more equipped for the RS3 you can still do it however you would like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Current -
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

^^ Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Escape

Be very careful pulling on the front QD fitting, mine stripped and would no longer hold pressure. Had to replace with a permanent double ended fitting. Cutting mine was VERY easy. I've cut fuel lines on all my cars with 0 issues.

This was based on the earlier kit which was thrown together for a different engine. So while the new kit may be more equipped for the RS3 you can still do it however you would like.

I used a small flat blade screw driver, and just popped the hose off the barb on mine. I did mine with 2500 miles on the car, so it was basically still new too though.

Established Member Three Rings comingabriel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

[QUOTE=nicholasdaa;13359588]Be very careful pulling on the front QD fitting, mine stripped and would no longer hold pressure. Had to replace with a permanent double ended fitting. Cutting mine was VERY easy. I've cut fuel lines on all my cars with 0 issues.

[/QOUTE]

Any pic of what is this difficult part may look like? Feel like installing mine soon, part sat for months now, so I want to expect the unexpected and be prepared.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Can you guys post where your power and ground are installed? I have the kit on the counter but I'm at a bit of a loss where/how I'm supposed to draw power.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingLead View Post
    Can you guys post where your power and ground are installed? I have the kit on the counter but I'm at a bit of a loss where/how I'm supposed to draw power.
    Powered via the fuel pump fuse, grounded via the body ground post behind the fuse box.

Current -
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Powered via the fuel pump fuse, grounded via the body ground post behind the fuse box.

Did you just do an add a fuse or what?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingLead View Post
    Did you just do an add a fuse or what?
    It's not exactly a critical system so I literally just curled the wire over a fuse tooth and popped it in. Nothing has failed since install almost 10k miles ago.

But if I had one at the time, yes, an add-a-fuse would work perfect.

Current -
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

Installed Fuel-It kit today. Just some points not well documented in here (or missed by me):

I used a screwdriver to pop the OEM hose off here, rather than popping off a connector for this side. I had to cut about 4in off of the supplied hose to prevent it from kinking due to where the sensor was forced to sit based on shipped lengths. I also avoided the add a fuse and messing with the fuel pump fuse and just hardwired to the left most hot wire on the front of the fuse box. Super easy. 20181102_092237.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app
    2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - Milltek Mids, CTS Intake, CC ECU+TCU, RSe10s - 10.90 @ 129.6mph, full weight
    2016 Mustang GT - Procharged - E85 - 772whp
    2003 Mustang Cobra - Whipple - 640whp

SOLD
    2012 S4, MK7 GTI, 15 STI, 2013 Boss 302, 03 Cobra, 09 WRX, 04 WRX, etc

Senior Member Three Rings Bezlar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Venumous View Post
    Installed Fuel-It kit today. Just some points not well documented in here (or missed by me):

I used a screwdriver to pop the OEM hose off here, rather than popping off a connector for this side. I had to cut about 4in off of the supplied hose to prevent it from kinking due to where the sensor was forced to sit based on shipped lengths. I also avoided the add a fuse and messing with the fuel pump fuse and just hardwired to the left most hot wire on the front of the fuse box. Super easy. 20181102_092237.jpg

Couple more pictures of the whole install and two more where you connected to the fuel lines would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2005 1/2 imola S4 gone
    2004 mini s gone
    2007 gti gone
    2008 mini s gone
    2011 ibis avant gone
    2012 iced silver tts gone
    2015 golf r gone
    2018 rs3 garage

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ford Escape

Best E85 Content Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Venumous View Post

Yep, thatís the hose that has to be removed, and they give you extra to ensure that itís routed in the way you want.

I had originally connected the power there, except itís always hot. I was afraid the fuel it would either 1) drain my battery if I was away from the car for a few days / week or 2) prematurely kill the unit by having it powered up 24/7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12