Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

VCDS / Xtool VAG401 / obdeleven

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm looking for more information on these systems to access and reprogram my Audi.

VCDS / Xtool VAG401 / obdeleven

Anyone have knowledge about what they can and cannot do?
    Pros and cons?

Veteran Member Three Rings kt883's Avatar
    AZ Member #

VCDS is a great option as you can log, code, calibrate, graph values etc. Fairly user friendly but its expensive and now they do this limited vin garbage that's now a trend

X-tool can do nearly everything coding wise that VCDS can do but you really have to be a moderate to advanced user as there are no labels (no long coding helper) to help you out just the code numbers and you have to know what they mean. I have one but I don't really use it unless VCDS is giving me issues.

Don't believe I've used OBD11 but I've heard its pretty user friendly to do coding only on VAG cars. I believe its pay per feature and you can only use their dongle
    Looking for someone for a quick photoshop request PM me if you can help with a quick job

Registered Member One Ring AudiSTP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 DSG | 2012 Volvo X60 R-Design

I have also been researching ODBEleven, VCDS, etc. Pretty sure I'm going to buy a more advanced system (instead of ODB11) because I want maximum features and am comfortable with the complexity. And I'm not a big fan of the ODB11 subscription/credit model.

Related question, can any of these tools also provide real-time data -- temps, pressures, etc -- similar to gauges like this one from P3?