Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looking for some suggestions on dealing with a seller...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Recently, I bought a “full black interior swap” off of another AZ member. The pic in the classified ad showed a full headliner kit with all pillars and lights and visors…everything. Also included were an antenna, climate control module, and the entire sunroof with motor. Parts were billed as “mint” and he stated he wanted to sell it all whole for the low price of $350.

I just wanted the headliner, bc mine was sagging and had cig burns in it from the first owner, but the price was a steal, so I didn’t even bargain with him. I just took it all and figured I could sell what I didn’t need. He even offered the carpet at an also really great price, so I took it. Again, the prices were amazing, but he set them. I didn’t bargain him down at all. I am 6 hours away from him, but he drove an hour to meet my dad on his way to come for a visit. He wanted a $100 delivery fee to meet my dad, which I agreed to, and he threw in a rear-view mirror and a fender liner from the same parts car for a total price of $500

Everything went smooth; he met my dad on time at the agreed location, and the parts got to me ok. They were not really “mint” when I got them…there were light scratches and abrasions on the pillar pieces, but it is possible that was from transport. Everything was loose in the back of my dad's Tahoe. Carpet also had a big chunk of foam missing from the passenger footwell, but I didn’t say anything about it. They were def nicer than my existing pieces and I was happy to have them.

However, some stuff from the ad was missing. The climate control unit, the front overhead light, the visor clips, half of the rear caps for the carpet, and the sunroof motor. I don’t need these things per se, but another user contacted me about wanting a bunch of pieces the other guy wouldn’t sell separately, to include the overhead light and the visor clips. I contacted the seller about what was missing, and he back-peddled off his ad…saying the price was for “headliner kit only”, and if I wanted the other stuff it would cost me. Well, that’s BS, but I still consider the visor clips and the front overhead light part of the “headliner kit”. I offered him $50 for everything that was missing from the ad. He countered with $80. I decided I could live without the climate control unit (which he wanted $50 for by itself), and I offered him $25 for the missing clips and front overhead light (which, again, really should have been included).

Anyway, that was 4 days ago. He will no longer return my texts, or the VM I left. I don’t want to be a bitch or stalk the guy over a few missing parts, but I think it’s pretty shitty to ignore me all together. I need those parts to complete another transaction, and I think any reasonable person would have considered them part of the original deal. I’ve done about $10k worth of buying/selling on AZ in the past year, and everything has gone very smoothly. I don’t know if it is worth filing a paypal claim to get his attention, but I’m considering it bc ignoring me pisses me off.

Any thoughts? Am I being a bitch? Should I let it go, or do I have a case?
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If you have paid for something the first time around why are you paying for it again?

Senior Member Three Rings ericbull's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

What visabroke said. If you paid for it, you should have gotten all of it.

Eric | Philadelphia, PA
    '03 A4 Avant 3.0q 6MT

AZ Member #

I agree. He's saying after the fact this stuff wasn't included. However, I still need it, and he won't ship it to me unless I pay for it...but he won't negotiate or close the deal. He's just ignoring me at this point.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by funkypterodacty View Post
    Yeah. I was trying not to out him, but I should have figured someone would find the ad.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So the guy sold it to you then when others expressed interest in other bits he decides to just up and sell those on and fob you off?

Sorry to hear that. Surprised you are not replying in his thread if he's not responding any other way. Just include screenshots etc.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by visabroke View Post
    So the guy sold it to you then when others expressed interest in other bits he decides to just up and sell those on and fob you off?

Sorry to hear that. Surprised you are not replying in his thread if he's not responding any other way. Just include screenshots etc.
    I don't know if that's what he's doing. The ad is pretty clear though, right? All that stuff was supposed to be included for $350. When I asked him why I didn't get some of the pieces, he said they were not included, and then tried to charge me. When I offered to buy just the few pieces I need and pay for shipping, he went radio silent. Guy seemed pretty cool until then.

The only recourse I have is putting in a paypal dispute to get his attention. What I'm trying to figure out is if that's warranted. Seems like a dick move for me to yoink back his $500 over a few missing pieces.
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rhfosu View Post
    I don't know if that's what he's doing. The ad is pretty clear though, right? All that stuff was supposed to be included for $350. When I asked him why I didn't get some of the pieces, he said they were not included, and then tried to charge me. When I offered to buy just the few pieces I need and pay for shipping, he went radio silent. Guy seemed pretty cool until then.

The only recourse I have is putting in a paypal dispute to get his attention. What I'm trying to figure out is if that's warranted. Seems like a dick move for me to yoink back his $500 over a few missing pieces.
    Sorry but if you have paid for it and he's not interested in completing his side of things then sounds like you already know what to do.

Beforehand get some screen shots of the ad before it's modified. I would not pay again for something you've paid for already.