Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring rphan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Alignment Question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all, I'm new to this and this forum so bare with me please.

I recently lowered my 2015 A3 with Solo-Werks coilovers, got my alignment done at a local shop back in April. Rear camber specification shows that my car should be within -1.8 to -0.8 degrees, my car (after lowering) shows that it's at -2.2 degrees. How bad is that -0.4 degree difference? Should I get adjustable rear upper control arms to help even out things?

The reason I'm asking is because after 6,000 miles of driving, I rotated my tires and saw a noticeable wear on both my rear tires inner walls.

I've attached a picture of one of my rear tires, the driver side, it's hard to tell, but if you look closely you can see the top (inner side) of the tire is more worn out than the bottom (outer side), and I've attached the alignment report that the shop gave me if it helps with answers.

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

55328522416__2C247DF0-3CC7-4738-BC84-6EE9AD9B5EA9.jpg55337455464__E0B92B4C-5289-44DD-81BD-486FC8AAF3FF.jpg
    Last edited by rphan; 07-15-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3

How many miles on those tires overall?
    -2.2 degrees shouldn’t dramatically increase tire wear.
    This is your current alignment settings after the coilovers settled? I’m wondering if you need to recheck the alignment...and bring that toe in a little more.
    2017 Audi TTS | 034 | HRE | Magnaflow | MSS |
    2016 Audi Q3

Registered Member One Ring rphan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    How many miles on those tires overall?
    -2.2 degrees shouldn’t dramatically increase tire wear.
    This is your current alignment settings after the coilovers settled? I’m wondering if you need to recheck the alignment...and bring that toe in a little more.
    Hey Chuckster, the tires have 35k on them so it is time for me to change, it's just weird how the rear tires worn so unevenly compared to the fronts. Yeh, that is my current alignment setting that the shop set, my buddy's camber is -3 degrees and his doesn't look as bad as mine. I was just thinking that it could be rubbing on something, so I'll look under the car later today to check.

Update - Just checked my car for rubbing, and definitely not rubbing. I have at least half an inch gap and can run my hand almost around the entire tire.
    Last edited by rphan; 07-16-2018 at 04:06 PM.