Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK7-GTI-APR-STG2-Grand-Cherokee-R6-Raven-IRON-1250

Thumbs up NOW AVAILABLE: JHM B9 S4-S5 3.0T Performance Race Pipe!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Introducing the JHM B9 S4-S5 3.0T FSI Race-Pipe!!!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!

Following the release of our race pipes for the B8 3.0T FSI Motor, we are pleased to announce our JHM Race Pipe for the B9 3.0T FSI V6. Based on our development experience of performance exhaust components we have produced a high-performance race pipe for the 3.0T FSI that fits just like OEM.

WHY THE JHM RACE PIPE?
    The OEM cat-pipe is extremely restrictive and will limit the amount of power the 3.0T FSI can produce. Our JHM B9 3.0T Race Pipe is a must have item for any 3.0T FSI owner looking to make serious power with their vehicle.

FEATURES:
    Our JHM B9 S4-S5 3.0T Race Pipe is packed with features geared towards Optimal Performance and OEM Fitment. Starting from the OEM 6" diameter flange that incorporates the same keyed design as your stock cat allowing perfect fitment without any guesswork. A Stainless Steel 6" to 4" Transision Cone for unobstructed flow. A 4" to dual 2.75" Y-Pipe for optimal exhaust dispersment. The 2.75" piping is reduced to 2.5" for OEM fitment with Stock and other Aftermarket Downpipes. However, there are two V-bands that allow you to remove the 2.5" reducer not only for ease of installation, but to install our JHM 2.75" Downpipes that will be available soon!

FITMENT: These race pipes fit ALL B9 S4s and S5s with the 3.0T FSI V6 Engine. it will install in your car just like the OEM Cat that it replaces. This pipe is made in a comprehensive jig to insure proper fitment, everytime.

PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA, WITH USA SOURCED MATERIALS FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE QUALITY!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!

If you have any questions our would like help placing your order, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Sales@JHMotorsports.com
    209-968-0077

Jake

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

NICE! Looks good. Any CEL issues?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by t1000bp View Post
    NICE! Looks good. Any CEL issues?
    Thanks! Because it is Catless, you will need a CEL Eliminator like a J-Bung. However most Stage 2 Software will take care of this, when available, traditionally speaking.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I hear J-Bungs don't really work on these cars? I believe people were having this issue with the CTS turbo pipe. Quick search shows

"Note:
    Check Engine Light will come on after the installation; we strongly recommend using "stage 2" software because the CEL deletes/emulators are not compatible with these cars."

Can anyone confirm if they managed to use a J-Bung with a test pipe on these cars and not have it throw a CEL?

Active Member One Ring 4Ringsof4ury's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Audi S4 (SOLD)

That's an absolutely stunning product as always! Any chance you'll be making a version with a high-flow cat?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ringsof4ury View Post
    That's an absolutely stunning product as always! Any chance you'll be making a version with a high-flow cat?
    Thanks!

Not for this Race Pipe. It will be an option for our 2.75" Downpipes that will mate up to the V-bands for a true high flowing system. Bringing the cats further down stream will be more reliable when these cars start making big power. History has shown having a catalytic converter right up against the turbo is not a good idea.

Active Member One Ring 4Ringsof4ury's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Audi S4 (SOLD)

That's exactly what I'd hope you'd say! Do you have an approximate window for the downpipes/downpipes with cats?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ringsof4ury View Post
    That's exactly what I'd hope you'd say! Do you have an approximate window for the downpipes/downpipes with cats?
    We have few exhaust components coming out here shortly that are in line ahead of them, but hopefully within the next few months!

Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sound clips?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

Senior Member Three Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Videos pleaseee!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Sounds clips as soon as we get a chance

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Have you guys considered making some mid-pipes that would attach to the stock DP and connect to the stock exhaust system? I think it would be a nice compromise for those not wanting to deal with the dreaded CEL with the de-catted DP and those not wanting to spend $2k on a full exhaust system.

I would think eliminating the stock two front "silencers" would increase volume while still keeping drone in check with utilizing the stock central Helmholz resonator.
    Attached Images

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by -LoneStar- View Post
    Have you guys considered making some mid-pipes that would attach to the stock DP and connect to the stock exhaust system? I think it would be a nice compromise for those not wanting to deal with the dreaded CEL with the de-catted DP and those not wanting to spend $2k on a full exhaust system.

I would think eliminating the stock two front "silencers" would increase volume while still keeping drone in check with utilizing the stock central Helmholz resonator.
    The parts in blue are the downpipes and yes, we will be making 2.75" downpipes that will connect to the v-band sections on our race pipe. These downpipes we will be offering will give you the option for High Flow Cats. These cats will be in the location of those stock resonators/silencers like we do for the B8 S4. That way you can have an upgraded exhaust system where it counts the most for performance and if you choose the leave the rest stock, you can!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    The parts in blue are the downpipes and yes, we will be making 2.75" downpipes that will connect to the v-band sections on our race pipe. These downpipes we will be offering will give you the option for High Flow Cats. These cats will be in the location of those stock resonators/silencers like we do for the B8 S4. That way you can have an upgraded exhaust system where it counts the most for performance and if you choose the leave the rest stock, you can!
    Sorry for the incorrect identification. Hence the reason for attaching the pic I come from the LSx world so used to different jargon of parts.

That's great that your making a downpipe that is compatible with your' race pipe. Its nice to have a modular systems so as you said you can pick and choose what attributes you want to add or change. I guess what I'm asking is for a vendor to consider making these downpipes so they can connect to the stock cat and the rest of the stock exhaust.

Question of the cat placement on the downpipes you plan to make. If they are to be placed where the current silencers are, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of trying to make a cat that satisfies the O2 sensors as they would be down stream of them? I guess this would work to keep the smell down and be ok once they crack the ECU to keep the CEL in check.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by -LoneStar- View Post
    Sorry for the incorrect identification. Hence the reason for attaching the pic I come from the LSx world so used to different jargon of parts.

That's great that your making a downpipe that is compatible with your' race pipe. Its nice to have a modular systems so as you said you can pick and choose what attributes you want to add or change. I guess what I'm asking is for a vendor to consider making these downpipes so they can connect to the stock cat and the rest of the stock exhaust.

Question of the cat placement on the downpipes you plan to make. If they are to be placed where the current silencers are, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of trying to make a cat that satisfies the O2 sensors as they would be down stream of them? I guess this would work to keep the smell down and be ok once they crack the ECU to keep the CEL in check.
    The factory cat location is not ideal for performance. There will be plenty of aftermarket downpipes available that will bolt to the stock location to fit what you are looking for, just give it some time. We aim for optimum performance thus the 2.75" diameter over stock or 2.5" which requires the removal of the stock flanges (they are too small).

For performance applications, we prefer completely catless. However, some people want cats in thier cars to either satisfy emissions or because of smell etc.. so by adding the cats further downstream we will not be sacrificing power or catalytic longevity, and checking the box for it being a catted system. Traditionally, stage 2 software will prevent the CEL from popping on a catless system. However, these are racing components intended for "off-road" use only

Established Member Two Rings samwisemueller's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '18 Tiguan

Ordered mine!Thanks to Dru@JHM for getting it ordered for me! I'll post before and after vids.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for the orders everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by samwisemueller View Post
    Ordered mine!Thanks to Dru@JHM for getting it ordered for me! I'll post before and after vids.
    Right on, we look forward to the vids!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '18 Tiguan

Installed yesterday, sorry for video quality of the AFTER footage. I ran an external mic for both so hopefully sound comparison is good enough.

https://youtu.be/dnTHXuOSOhE

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '18 Tiguan

I'll have to do another video, sound quality is bad on after video too, it is noticably louder and the exhaust note is clearer than the stock pipe. The video makes it sound the same if not louder with the stock system.. sheesh.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for the video!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for the orders everyone

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings AR_Motorwerkz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4/ AMG GTS / 991.1 C4S / JK Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by samwisemueller View Post
    Installed yesterday, sorry for video quality of the AFTER footage. I ran an external mic for both so hopefully sound comparison is good enough.

https://youtu.be/dnTHXuOSOhE
    Sounds great!

Looks very clean!

4667 San Fernando Road Glendale, CA 91204
    (818)588-5324 (call or text) | audi@armotorwerkz.com | instagram