Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    51117
    Location
    NYC, US

    Looking to buy factory warranty for an used car

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi All,

    Is it possible to buy factory warranty for an used car? Factory bumper to bumper warranty......

  2. #2
    Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    386232
    Location
    NJ

    No.

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings hpmurdarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 26 2016
    AZ Member #
    389116
    Location
    Hyde park ma

    No, trust me there are places that will sell u one but when it comes time to fix it good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    51117
    Location
    NYC, US

    Quote Originally Posted by hpmurdarah View Post
    No, trust me there are places that will sell u one but when it comes time to fix it good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Ok, thanks. So I guess a CPO is the way to go when buying an used German car. No wonder people are having a hard time sell their Audis on here.

  5. #5
    Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    386232
    Location
    NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRacer100 View Post
    Ok, thanks. So I guess a CPO is the way to go when buying an used German car. No wonder people are having a hard time sell their Audis on here.
    even CPO is hit or miss, i have heard various stuff from people who have worked at audi that they wont sell any CPO cars on the lot that have more then 35k on them. You may be able to get an extended warranty with a CPO but i dont know how much extra and I dont know what it will cover. I was offered an extended warranty through the dealer for mine, at $350 per month for just the warranty.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    51117
    Location
    NYC, US

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    even CPO is hit or miss, i have heard various stuff from people who have worked at audi that they wont sell any CPO cars on the lot that have more then 35k on them. You may be able to get an extended warranty with a CPO but i dont know how much extra and I dont know what it will cover. I was offered an extended warranty through the dealer for mine, at $350 per month for just the warranty.
    $350 per month for how many years for the extended warranty? To me buying a brand new German car just doesn't make sense to me. I've done it with my current car but knowing the car lost 75% of its original value in 8 years. It is hard for me to swallow the depreciation of the car.

  7. #7
    Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    386232
    Location
    NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRacer100 View Post
    $350 per month for how many years for the extended warranty? To me buying a brand new German car just doesn't make sense to me. I've done it with my current car but knowing the car lost 75% of its original value in 8 years. It is hard for me to swallow the depreciation of the car.
    3 year extended warranty, depreciation is bad on any car though, dodge being the worst the past couple years, ive seen depreciation rates up to 49% of the cars total value within the first year of ownership. Buying brand new anything doesn't make sense anymore given what they charge for it. Why pay $45k for a car when in a year its going to be down to $35k and in two years less then that. Just wait it out.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    51117
    Location
    NYC, US

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    3 year extended warranty, depreciation is bad on any car though, dodge being the worst the past couple years, ive seen depreciation rates up to 49% of the cars total value within the first year of ownership. Buying brand new anything doesn't make sense anymore given what they charge for it. Why pay $45k for a car when in a year its going to be down to $35k and in two years less then that. Just wait it out.
    The only concern of buying an used German car is repair bills. I bought my A4 brand new and I have been taking care of the car. So I haven't need to repair the car so often. But there is a risk when buying an used car. I don't know how well the car was maintained by the previous owner/owners. A risk getting a money pit.

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    400524
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRacer100 View Post
    Ok, thanks. So I guess a CPO is the way to go when buying an used German car. No wonder people are having a hard time sell their Audis on here.
    Used Audis that get the “CPO” designation at an Audi dealer can’t be more than 4 years old or have over 50k in miles to be in the program (or have any mods or accident history). Other than that, it works like factory warranty for coverage, except the $85 deductible. Total coverage is 6 year (from initial inservice date) or 100k miles. Plus, the dealer has to replace things like brakes and tires, if they are needed, before selling.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    51117
    Location
    NYC, US

    Quote Originally Posted by alhutch View Post
    Used Audis that get the “CPO” designation at an Audi dealer can’t be more than 4 years old or have over 50k in miles to be in the program (or have any mods or accident history). Other than that, it works like factory warranty for coverage, except the $85 deductible. Total coverage is 6 year (from initial inservice date) or 100k miles. Plus, the dealer has to replace things like brakes and tires, if they are needed, before selling.
    Thanks for the good info on CPO warranty. I never had a CPO cars before. So I'm learning.

  11. #11
    Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    386232
    Location
    NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRacer100 View Post
    Thanks for the good info on CPO warranty. I never had a CPO cars before. So I'm learning.
    It's not as black and white as it sounds on paper, ive seen plenty of CPO cars that dealers try to sell that have issues that they claim have been through the 100 point inspection or what have you. Dealers are shady places regardless of the brand. At least in my experience.

  12. #12
    Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03 2017
    AZ Member #
    400524
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    It's not as black and white as it sounds on paper, ive seen plenty of CPO cars that dealers try to sell that have issues that they claim have been through the 100 point inspection or what have you. Dealers are shady places regardless of the brand. At least in my experience.
    While that might be true in your experience, I talked to a guy on CL in Colorado with a private party Allroad listing (when I was shopping) who told me his Audi dealer would not take his AR in on trade because it had accident history and they couldn't CPO it. But YMMV.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings rcprato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 30 2018
    AZ Member #
    413222
    My Garage
    09 A4 Avant Quattro - 11 Touareg VR6 Lux
    Location
    Rochester, NY

    If Audi CPO coverage is 6 year (from initial inservice date) or 100k miles that would be the way to go if that covers you for a comfortable period of your ownership.

    We bought a 11 Touareg with CPO warranty, was only 2 years/24 months or 24,000 miles from day we bought it. It gave us peace of mind to know if Touareg was going to be a reliable car with 1st 24,000 miles repairs covered. VW dealer fixed a few minor things with zero hassle.

    Extended aftermarket warrantys are usually thousands of dollars, stick $3K in a savings account set aside for car repairs only and hopefully you don't plow through it all before moving on to another vehicle. At least this way you have control of the money.

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2009
    AZ Member #
    51117
    Location
    NYC, US

    Quote Originally Posted by rcprato View Post

    Extended aftermarket warrantys are usually thousands of dollars, stick $3K in a savings account set aside for car repairs only and hopefully you don't plow through it all before moving on to another vehicle. At least this way you have control of the money.
    If the DSG is shot on a S4, then that repair is going to cost me more $3k. A DSG replacement is more than $3k right?



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.