Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 16 2018
    AZ Member #
    418913
    My Garage
    2002%20Avalanche%20Z71
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA

    Question Chipwerke Stage 2 Pulley Sizes

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I saw bhvrdr's post about it with him running a Pulley Ratio of 2.818. Has anyone ran a higher PR than that without issue?

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 10 2013
    AZ Member #
    118720
    Location
    Central WI

    Don't. You want to go stage two, don't cheap out on software.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousGravity View Post
    I saw bhvrdr's post about it with him running a Pulley Ratio of 2.818. Has anyone ran a higher PR than that without issue?
    I ran a 187mm apr with the stock sc pulley. It was not because of the software it was not wanting to void my warranty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 16 2018
    AZ Member #
    418913
    My Garage
    2002%20Avalanche%20Z71
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA

    Quote Originally Posted by sb_gli View Post
    Don't. You want to go stage two, don't cheap out on software.
    I'm not going cheap on the software. HPT is taking awhile to release the MPVI2 Pro so that I can do a custom tune. The pulley will more than likely sit on the shelf till it has been release.


    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    I ran a 187mm apr with the stock sc pulley. It was not because of the software it was not wanting to void my warranty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So did you run the 187 with a tune, oem map or a CW box?

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 21 2004
    AZ Member #
    2873
    My Garage
    997S; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ
    Location
    South Florida

    You can run pretty much any pulley ratio you want with CW stage 2 because it can only take advantage of about that 2.8ish pulley ratio range before bleeding boost. They never got back to me years ago about making a more aggressive map so thats it (although hilariously someone here daisy chained two CW together and did get increased offset on the map sensor lol so technically it could work but thats a mess under the hood lol). You'll get a bit more torque down low with a higher pulley ratio than 2.8 but it will just bleed off in mid and upper band so you'll be fine.

    Mike

    2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

  6. #6
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 16 2018
    AZ Member #
    418913
    My Garage
    2002%20Avalanche%20Z71
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA

    Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    You can run pretty much any pulley ratio you want with CW stage 2 because it can only take advantage of about that 2.8ish pulley ratio range before bleeding boost. They never got back to me years ago about making a more aggressive map so thats it (although hilariously someone here daisy chained two CW together and did get increased offset on the map sensor lol so technically it could work but thats a mess under the hood lol). You'll get a bit more torque down low with a higher pulley ratio than 2.8 but it will just bleed off in mid and upper band so you'll be fine.

    Mike
    Thank you for the detailed response, that's exactly what I was looking for. Daisy chaining 2 CWs together sounds like a bad idea to start with lol. The low end hp/tq would be great for everyday driving and some curvy back roads. Plus the 187mm is going to support my goals a lot better because I feel like the quickest 6MT time slip (11.67 @ 121mph 1.896 60ft) I've seen can be beat as soon as HPTuners is available for custom tuning.

  7. #7
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 23 2011
    AZ Member #
    77278
    Location
    CT

    Good luck beating that time. That car had I think an AMS cooler, HPFP kit, 104 and was fast, we also have another 6 speed car just behind it running a larger ratio and w/m and all the usual mods.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

    Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

  8. #8
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 16 2018
    AZ Member #
    418913
    My Garage
    2002%20Avalanche%20Z71
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@EPL View Post
    Good luck beating that time. That car had I think an AMS cooler, HPFP kit, 104 and was fast, we also have another 6 speed car just behind it running a larger ratio and w/m and all the usual mods.
    It won't happen soon seeing as I need more mods to even think about it but you have to set a goal right? Ha
    2010 S4 6MT - CW Pro S1 & Injen Intake
    *Sold*2010 Corvette 6MT - LS9 Cam, Full exhaust, Filter & custom tune
    11.86 @ 122mph 1.95 60ft

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousGravity View Post
    I'm not going cheap on the software. HPT is taking awhile to release the MPVI2 Pro so that I can do a custom tune. The pulley will more than likely sit on the shelf till it has been release.




    So did you run the 187 with a tune, oem map or a CW box?
    CW


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 16 2018
    AZ Member #
    418913
    My Garage
    2002%20Avalanche%20Z71
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    CW


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know. Have you run the 1/4 mile with it like that yet?
    2010 S4 6MT - CW Pro S1 & Injen Intake
    *Sold*2010 Corvette 6MT - LS9 Cam, Full exhaust, Filter & custom tune
    11.86 @ 122mph 1.95 60ft

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousGravity View Post
    Good to know. Have you run the 1/4 mile with it like that yet?
    I have not been as yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.