Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Bought CPO at 37k mi - got "service due" @ 42k, took it in, dealer doing 35K service?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Alright, so this one is a little weird.

I bought a 2014 S5 in December from an Audi dealer here in LA, CPO, with 37,600 miles. I had figured ( and nothing stuck out to me at the time of purchase) that this car had just been through its 35K service, which having owned an Audi before I know is the DSG fluid change among other more significant service points. So, I spent the next 5,000 miles driving very spiritedly and enjoying the new ride (Angeles National Forest runs, woop woop!).

I got "Service Due" at 41,000 miles and got the car in for service today at around 41,700 miles. Luckily enough (this was not disclosed to me at purchase), the previous owner had paid for AudiCare and my service was to be free (paperwork stated "audicare active"). Admittedly I was in a rush to get to work, but I dropped the car off and also noted the timing chain startup rattle as it seemed to get worse lately.

Now looking at the paperwork it seems it was checked in for "Perform 35,000 service" and "Brake fluid flush and replace". I was expecting 45,000 service - just an oil change and tire rotation and a replace-if-necessary for the brake fluid.

I want to contact them and get clarity, but at the same time I'd love a fresh DSG fluid change that will result from this - I drive the car pretty hard but am committed to it being bone stock. My question really is, did they sell me a CPO car that was 2k overdue for its DSG fluid change and let me beat on it for 5,000 miles before performing that service? Or is it possible that DSG fluid was done as part of the CPO process and it just didn't count as the 35k as it was going through CPO and not specifically a service? Is it common for them to change up service intervals by a handful of thousand miles based on intake mileage when the car comes off lease/goes through CPO?
    2014 Audi S5 DSG - Gray / Alcantara interior / Black Optics / Sport Differential
    SOLD: 2009 BMW 135i M-Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red Interior / 6 Speed Manual

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I’d say don’t worry about it too much. There’s a date and mileage limit on Audi care, so even if they did do a 35k service you’ll eventually go in for your “35k service” before it expires.

Good luck on that timing chain repair. The dealer really screwed up my car when I got mine done. I have a ‘15 CPO S4.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by silentsleeper View Post
    I’d say don’t worry about it too much. There’s a date and mileage limit on Audi care, so even if they did do a 35k service you’ll eventually go in for your “35k service” before it expires.

Good luck on that timing chain repair. The dealer really screwed up my car when I got mine done. I have a ‘15 CPO S4.

Did you get it done at Santa Barbara Audi or one in LA? Curious about your experience with the timing chain repair and the stuff that resulted from it - did the rattle go away? Audi DTLA didn't seem like they were familiar with the issue but noted that "if it's the timing chain, it's going to be a massive repair".
    2014 Audi S5 DSG - Gray / Alcantara interior / Black Optics / Sport Differential
    SOLD: 2009 BMW 135i M-Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red Interior / 6 Speed Manual

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I got my car at Audi Beverly Hills so I took it back to them. I had read that people were having trouble getting the dealer to perform the task, so I figured I take it back to where I bought the car.

Rattle did go away but repairs took forever, brought car back multiple times to get leaking coolant or oil fixed. Overall, I would recommend it getting it fixed but by a dealer who’s done a lot of them. (Even though they are all “trained”)

Established Member Two Rings BucDan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does the chain rattle for longer than a second or 2?