Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Nicks blue B6

Senior Member Three Rings B6_A4_Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    89' Land Cruiser

Nicks blue B6

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Whatís up guys, I figured it was finally time for me to create a build thread to use to keep track of everything Iím doing to my car, and also show you guys whatís going on. But first, a little background on me and my history with the b6 platform.

When I was in the 5th grade my brother got a 1 year old, CPO brilliant black b6. It was a Quattro tiptronic car, and man I just thought it was the coolest thing ever. He would pick me up from school and he had his bose system bumping and we would take off out of there and I just thought it was the fastest car. Fast forward a few years and he started having some issues with, typical B6 stuff, coolant flange, window regulators and what not. And he was still taking it to the dealership to get that stuff fixed, but then his warranty was out. Soon after his k03 let go due to an oil feed issue, and the stealership wanted over 2k to replace it. He and I decided we would attempt it on our own, with the help of Audizine we were able to accomplish it.

Fast forward again to when I turn 16, now it was time for me to get a car. I wanted something reliable and that I can take off-road and have a good time in. So I got an 89 fj62 land cruiser. I love this car and still have it, but it was in unbelievably good condition from California so no rust. And living in Utah I knew a winter was coming up and I didnít want the salt to even see that car, so I knew it was time to buy a new daily so I can park the cruiser. I am a typical kid, looking at WRXs and STIs, and the occasional diesel truck. But then I decided to shop for a b6 and thatís when I found my 04, Mauritius Blue B6 sport, it unfortunately was an auto, but I knew that could be changed. So on December 6th 2015 I bought my B6 site unseen, specifically for that blue. Here is the first picture I ever took of her IMG_3598.JPG
    I wish it had a black interior, but the platinum is in pretty good condition IMG_3599.jpg

Right off the bat, this car had quite a few problems, immediately needed a coolant flange, two months after that popped the k03, about two weeks after that the crank sensor left me stranded, and many other minor issues along the way (boost leaks, sjc, n75, evap purge, etc.) This car has definitely been a challenge getting her back up to speed, it was neglected for quite some time. But with my brother still whippin his B6, and all the knowledge I had from his car, I knew I could handle it.

My brother always wanted to go bigger turbo, or just make it fast in general. Especially now that I had a B6 with a stage 1 tune, and his was still stock. So he decided he wanted to go the 2.7 route, which was cool, and we finished his up earlier this year. IMG_6562.jpg
    But now, itís my turn

So my goal with this car is to keep it a reliable daily, but still be able to hold my own against the local STIs and Evos, tall order for a B6 I know. But I think I have a good setup in mind. My brother gave me his old engine to work with, so I can build it up and swap it in with my manual, so that worked perfectly. Hereís my parts list, I have most of these items in my garage already.

Come CT3 5558 t25
    PSI concepts t25 manifold
    PSI concepts Downpipe
    IE connecting rods with 20mm wristpins
    Full OEM gasket kit
    ECS RA4 stage 2 kit
    Metal slave cylinder with braided clutch line
    Various AN lines and fittings for oil and coolant lines
    Snow performance water meth
    I do not have my pistons yet because I donít know how the cylinder bores are, block is going to machine shop next week so hopefully I will know soon.
    Iím sure thereís more stuff also that Iím forgetting.

IMG_7105.jpg
    Here is the car this is all for, eventually I would like to get Sportec front bumper and skirts, and get it resprayed. But I want it to go fast before it looks fast.
    Thanks for reading guys, I would love to have some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Brakes.....got to have some brakes. Stickers are crap and IMO will barely stop a stock b6.
    For the value a used set of B7 front and rear can't be beat. Totally bolts on and you will thank yourself for it.

Veteran Member Four Rings BARRY's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    AE86 20v, UZZ30 LS2, 2002 A4 B6 1.8t, E63 AMG
    Items for Sale

you are converting the automatic to manual transmission?
    2007 Mercedes E63 AMG - Nardo Grey, Pano, LTH X-Pipe, Res Del, ROW Box Mod, Programa ELM, UPD Arms
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t Q Avant - Maestro, 225TT Inj, TP, FMIC, Thermal R&D Exh, KW V3, BBK / Ferrodo DS2500
    1992 SC400 - LS2 6.0, LTH, Tomei 2-Way, KW V3, BattleVersion Arms
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S SOLD - 20 Valve, Haltech E8, Toda 272 8.5mm, Toda Cam Gears, Silkroad High Rise Headers, TRD 2-Way, TRD SS Race

Senior Member Three Rings B6_A4_Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    89' Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by BARRY View Post
    you are converting the automatic to manual transmission?
    Yessir

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine