Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings dennej1985's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Some errors after IE tune

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all, just flashed my car with an IE stage 1 tune this morning and had some errors pop up. Installed at the same time were new red top coil packs, NGK BKR7EIX's gapped to .028 and the IE downpipe. I do know that the tune has to "settle in" for a bit, just wanted to see if these were normal issues anyone else experienced. Car runs well and feels like it has good power, maybe a little rough idle on startup, and the only engine related code I'm getting is for the front o2 sensor (expected without a spacer for it on the new downpipe) However, the TPMS system, ESC and Parking brake each pop up the worded malfunction warning on startup and the light for each remains illuminated. I had a lot of the standard VAG-com mods coded before the flash, these obviously will need to be re-done after the flash but is there any chance this could be causing the errors? Anyone else experience this or have advise?
    Now: 2012 A4 Quattro |2.0t|6 MT|Prestige|S-Line|Sport|Titanium|IE Stage2|IE HFC+Downpipe|ECS FMIC+Charge Pipes|GFB DV+|VMR|AFE|
    Past: 2003 A4 Quattro Avant 1.8t, 5 MT

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Should not have codes for the front sensor, even with a test pipe. The front sensor is part of the closed-loop system so if you're having issues with it, that would cause rough startups. The tune shouldn't have messed with your vag mods.

Double check you have the o2 sensor plugged in and screwed in correctly or you may have damaged it during installation of the downpipe.
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Veteran Member Three Rings Ruma09's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Did you plug your mass airflow sensor back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings dennej1985's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ruma....you da MVP. I was an idiot and did not plug the MAF back in. You've done that before too huh? Now all of my VAG mods appear to be back and the errors other than the o2 sensor (meant the rear) cleared themselves after just a minute.
    Now: 2012 A4 Quattro |2.0t|6 MT|Prestige|S-Line|Sport|Titanium|IE Stage2|IE HFC+Downpipe|ECS FMIC+Charge Pipes|GFB DV+|VMR|AFE|
    Past: 2003 A4 Quattro Avant 1.8t, 5 MT

Senior Member Three Rings Perry01's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8 FSI MK7 GTI - B8.5 Q5 - B8 A4

TPMS and ESC lights should go away within a few miles of driving. This occurs every time I flash a new file.
    CTS K04 / IE custom tune / Wagner FMIC

Veteran Member Three Rings Ruma09's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dennej1985 View Post
    Ruma....you da MVP. I was an idiot and did not plug the MAF back in. You've done that before too huh? Now all of my VAG mods appear to be back and the errors other than the o2 sensor (meant the rear) cleared themselves after just a minute.
    Haha. Yeah man itís happened. I turned my car on and all these lights started going off. I was like wtf. But yeah it was that I left it unplugged lol. Glad to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk